So...What Do You Do At Home? :)

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2023, 10:51 AM
Default So...What Do You Do At Home? :)

I know there are 14 billion (give or take) activities and clubs available here in TV, but not everybody is out running around constantly from sunup to sundown. Sure, I play golf, billiards, might bowl again after I get my knee fixed, drop in on discussion groups now and then, and do some other miscellaneous activities. All the typical Villages stuff. But like I said, I'm not as crazy-active as some out there. (You know who you are! )

Maybe us folks who spend a considerable amount of time at home can post some thoughts so we can see what others do. It's possible some folks could discover something new and interesting. Let's share and see what happens. Here are a few of my home activities...

* I ride my bicycle almost every day. I also do some simple home exercise like pushups, crunches and such;
* I dabble in rhythm guitar. Rhythm keeps it fairly simple so a non rock start like me can enjoy it and get some satisfaction;
* We have a 7 month old puppy now, so it's very easy to spend time having fun with him;
* I read quite a bit;
* I meditate, not in a religious sense, but simple mindfulness meditation focusing on the breath;
* I video game, probably a little more than many of you. I was an early adopter and it's stuck with me to a degree. Of course some word, card, and similar games on my phone, but also some PC and console games;
* Watch video. Not a lot actually. Movies infrequently. TV shows a bit more;
* I keep a journal. Frequency of entries varies a lot, but it's very fun to look back on now and then.

Well? How about you folks? Let's share so we can discover our next great at home activity!
Old 05-09-2023, 12:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

I work around the house (just completed a large floor tiling job),I help fellow villagers, and I do some electrical consulting.
Old 05-09-2023, 12:05 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

I drink..lay on my recliner, take a nap. Wake up, turn on tv or play on my ipad.

I think many here believe they have to join clubs and be active every minute of the day.

Its okay to relax in retirement.
Old 05-09-2023, 01:38 PM
Veteran member

I seem to spend a lot of time going to medical appointments. Dentist, dermatologist, cardiologist, orthopedist, audiologist ophthalmologists. I suspect they're sharing info about me with those people who keep sending cremation promos.
Old 05-09-2023, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
i seem to spend a lot of time going to medical appointments. Dentist, dermatologist, cardiologist, orthopedist, audiologist ophthalmologists. I suspect they're sharing info about me with those people who keep sending cremation promos.
lol!!!
Old 05-09-2023, 02:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

We raise dust bunnies. Fun, and not a lot of work.
Contemplate the back of my eyelids while focusing on my snork, snork, snoring.
Old 05-09-2023, 02:43 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,347 Times in 735 Posts

I spend my time doing only those things that improve the quality of my life. Nothing is too small to improve.
Old 05-09-2023, 07:15 PM
Default Daily routine of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonu View Post
I know there are 14 billion (give or take) activities and clubs available here in TV, but not everybody is out running around constantly from sunup to sundown. Sure, I play golf, billiards, might bowl again after I get my knee fixed, drop in on discussion groups now and then, and do some other miscellaneous activities. All the typical Villages stuff. But like I said, I'm not as crazy-active as some out there. (You know who you are! )

Maybe us folks who spend a considerable amount of time at home can post some thoughts so we can see what others do. It's possible some folks could discover something new and interesting. Let's share and see what happens. Here are a few of my home activities...

* I ride my bicycle almost every day. I also do some simple home exercise like pushups, crunches and such;
* I dabble in rhythm guitar. Rhythm keeps it fairly simple so a non rock start like me can enjoy it and get some satisfaction;
* We have a 7 month old puppy now, so it's very easy to spend time having fun with him;
* I read quite a bit;
* I meditate, not in a religious sense, but simple mindfulness meditation focusing on the breath;
* I video game, probably a little more than many of you. I was an early adopter and it's stuck with me to a degree. Of course some word, card, and similar games on my phone, but also some PC and console games;
* Watch video. Not a lot actually. Movies infrequently. TV shows a bit more;
* I keep a journal. Frequency of entries varies a lot, but it's very fun to look back on now and then.

Well? How about you folks? Let's share so we can discover our next great at home activity!
Only way our two cats would approve. There is a certain comfort in having a plan that works. Not for all of course but works for us.
Old 05-10-2023, 05:18 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,141 Times in 883 Posts

I'm a pickleball devotee. Every day for 2 hours in the morning and some afternoons too (table tennis when raining). Other than that, jigsaw puzzles, TV watching, reading, cat grooming, watering outdoor plants, drinks with friends, cleaning once in a while, home updates once in a while, going to the square once in a while, but mostly, LOVING Florida winter weather and not HAVING to do anything!
Old 05-10-2023, 05:40 AM

Day trade options, collect MILSURPS, enjoy happy hour at some local restaurants, binge watch an occasional program on Netflix or Prime.
Old 05-10-2023, 05:46 AM

I cook something delicious once a week. Triple the recipe to freeze. I test recipes for America’s Test Kitchen. We go to Orlando or Tampa almost every week to shop. I also sell niche perfumes on Mecari. It’s a fun hobby and I’m happy when my customers love their new or slightly used perfume!
Old 05-10-2023, 06:12 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davonu View Post
i know there are 14 billion (give or take) activities and clubs available here in tv, but not everybody is out running around constantly from sunup to sundown. Sure, i play golf, billiards, might bowl again after i get my knee fixed, drop in on discussion groups now and then, and do some other miscellaneous activities. All the typical villages stuff. But like i said, i'm not as crazy-active as some out there. (you know who you are! :d)

maybe us folks who spend a considerable amount of time at home can post some thoughts so we can see what others do. It's possible some folks could discover something new and interesting. Let's share and see what happens. Here are a few of my home activities...

* i ride my bicycle almost every day. I also do some simple home exercise like pushups, crunches and such;
* i dabble in rhythm guitar. Rhythm keeps it fairly simple so a non rock start like me can enjoy it and get some satisfaction;
* we have a 7 month old puppy now, so it's very easy to spend time having fun with him;
* i read quite a bit;
* i meditate, not in a religious sense, but simple mindfulness meditation focusing on the breath;
* i video game, probably a little more than many of you. I was an early adopter and it's stuck with me to a degree. Of course some word, card, and similar games on my phone, but also some pc and console games;
* watch video. Not a lot actually. Movies infrequently. Tv shows a bit more;
* i keep a journal. Frequency of entries varies a lot, but it's very fun to look back on now and then.

chase down tv urban legends
Old 05-10-2023, 06:34 AM

Run an online Market Place affiliate business. President of a woman's business networking group, active in Srate of Georgia club, mom to two rescue Maltese, wife and Nana. Golf weekly, read and watch HGTV. PRAY a lot for our country and attend church.
Old 05-10-2023, 06:43 AM

On a serious side. We have been here for 10 years and are quite active like yourself. Additionally . we have a large group of friends and are busy almost every day of the week. We belong to social groups, golf leagues, bocci groups, neighborhood groups, and both of us do volunteer work regularly. We make day trips around the state. Dining out with friend is a 3-4 times weekly activity, as is every type of board and card game. I could go on but you should get the picture.
Old 05-10-2023, 06:53 AM

14 billion. Really? Mods do your job and take down this really untrue post. Why is it even allowed
Closed Thread

Tags
home, simple, activities, folks, spend

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.