You don't want to work?
And I don't want to play.
Old 05-11-2023, 10:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
And I don't want to play.
I do. When I am inside the house, first of all, I am a gamer, on all types of devices, from way back. Never lonely, never don’t have something to do. Also paint in oil and still learning the piano. And cook and bake challenging recipes sometimes.
Old 05-11-2023, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davonu View Post
I know there are 14 billion (give or take) activities and clubs available here in TV, but not everybody is out running around constantly from sunup to sundown. Sure, I play golf, billiards, might bowl again after I get my knee fixed, drop in on discussion groups now and then, and do some other miscellaneous activities. All the typical Villages stuff. But like I said, I'm not as crazy-active as some out there. (You know who you are! )

Maybe us folks who spend a considerable amount of time at home can post some thoughts so we can see what others do. It's possible some folks could discover something new and interesting. Let's share and see what happens. Here are a few of my home activities...

* I ride my bicycle almost every day. I also do some simple home exercise like pushups, crunches and such;
* I dabble in rhythm guitar. Rhythm keeps it fairly simple so a non rock start like me can enjoy it and get some satisfaction;
* We have a 7 month old puppy now, so it's very easy to spend time having fun with him;
* I read quite a bit;
* I meditate, not in a religious sense, but simple mindfulness meditation focusing on the breath;
* I video game, probably a little more than many of you. I was an early adopter and it's stuck with me to a degree. Of course some word, card, and similar games on my phone, but also some PC and console games;
* Watch video. Not a lot actually. Movies infrequently. TV shows a bit more;
* I keep a journal. Frequency of entries varies a lot, but it's very fun to look back on now and then.

Well? How about you folks? Let's share so we can discover our next great at home activity!
I am trying to learn Old-time Clawhammer Banjo, and spend time learning new tunes and working on skills. This also leads to other activities out of the home -- it fits into at least one of the Villages Clubs that is devoted to old time music and there is at least one (and probably more) old time jam group outside the Villages.
Old 05-11-2023, 01:28 PM
Default Activities at home

I putter in my garden. I always have a jigsaw puzzle in the works, 1000 pcs. to 2000 pcs.
I always have 2 books that I read. I exercise ( dance, yoga, aerobics and weights) everyday. Daily walks with the dog. Adult coloring books.
Old 05-11-2023, 03:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitley View Post
2,507. There are 2,507 clubs. The Villages says 2,500, but they are rounding.I'm kind of depressed that I knew this. Is this what it has come to?
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 05-11-2023, 03:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

am still doing a lot of domestic stuff, cleaning, cooking & laundry. most of my time is spent with my pets & being a caregiver. i watch LOTS of old movies, music, & reading. i tend to the shrubs on occasion, & think up names for the new lizards occupying the lanai.
Old 05-11-2023, 03:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,020 Times in 1,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
am still doing a lot of domestic stuff, cleaning, cooking & laundry. most of my time is spent with my pets & being a caregiver. i watch LOTS of old movies, music, & reading. i tend to the shrubs on occasion, & think up names for the new lizards occupying the lanai.
Try a blower, I have a small cordless Dewalt, perfect for blowing them slightly up in the air and right out the door, without hurting them.
Old 05-11-2023, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
I seem to spend a lot of time going to medical appointments. Dentist, dermatologist, cardiologist, orthopedist, audiologist ophthalmologists. I suspect they're sharing info about me with those people who keep sending cremation promos.
I go to a craft club 3 X a week, attend miscellaneous events like live music or information talks, and attend some club parties. Much of times is for medical visits shopping cooking & taking care of the house.

Tags
home, simple, activities, folks, spend

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.