So Who is Lying ??

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2015, 09:26 AM
Gold member
Default So Who is Lying ??

Is it not true than when you have two people giving exact opposite stories, that one must be lying ?? Recently the Daily Sun and Mike Berning, SLCDD Board Chairman came out with guns blazing in an attack on the plaintiffs who filed the complaint regarding the issue of having an AAC south of 466 just like the AAC north of 466. The Daily Editors left no stone unturned in their attempts to connect the three person plaintiff party to the POA. Yesterday the POA paper was delivered to our driveways. In that publication the POA presented an abundance of data that the remarks of Mike Berning board chairman SCLDD; Curt Hills, editor of the Daily Sun; and Janet Tutt , District manager had presented false information. It appeared that Ms Tutt gave out a lot of misinformation as to lawyer fees and the work they were supposedly providing. The POA has specific numbers to discredit the data given by Ms Tutt. I went into this issue much in a neutral position but as I spent more and more time studying the issue and considering the letters put forth by Gary Morse and Mark Morse, I concluded they themselves supported a AAC system for those folks south of 466. Mr. Berning seems to have forgotten the words of Gary Morse and the savings resulting in the establishment of an AAC in the area north of 466. As to the Daily Sun article and the follow up in the POA publication, I think I know who fits the adage "liar, liar pants on fire".
Old 09-03-2015, 09:54 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

This is likely to develop into a very interesting thread!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 09-03-2015, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts
Default Today

For more info. also read Ms. Tutt's "Our Place" in today's Rec News.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:41 AM
Soaring Eagle member

The koolaid drinkers will be out in force.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
The koolaid drinkers will be out in force.
And would that include the people that always have "half empty" glasses?
Old 09-03-2015, 11:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
And would that include the people that always have "half empty" glasses?
Ah yes. A version of the "Negative Nellie" comment. Don't forget the favorite, "if you don't like it, you can move".
Old 09-03-2015, 11:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

There are always at least two sides to everything and advocates always believe their's is always the only right view. It's interesting that when someone makes a pledge or promise or statement "years ago", when it doesn't happen we reject that someone can change their mind, or the conditions change or there is another way. Unless of course, all that lines up with what we believe. We go back 30 years to find something on our politicians that can exploit, we make commitments to our family that we don't always honor (just ask your wife, she can probably give you dates and times) and always with the best intentions. In this case, we weren't there, didn't have the conversation with the Morse's so we listen to third party's interpretation and opinions and chose up sides.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-03-2015, 12:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

The plaintiffs case was dismissed by a court judge with prejudice, the plaintiffs withdrew a subsequent complaint to the original. That speaks volumes.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I offer that the multiple posters on the "tree cutting" thread wil be just as active ,here, with their repetitive posts.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Kiefer View Post
Is it not true than when you have two people giving exact opposite stories, that one must be lying ?? Recently the Daily Sun and Mike Berning, SLCDD Board Chairman came out with guns blazing in an attack on the plaintiffs who filed the complaint regarding the issue of having an AAC south of 466 just like the AAC north of 466. The Daily Editors left no stone unturned in their attempts to connect the three person plaintiff party to the POA. Yesterday the POA paper was delivered to our driveways. In that publication the POA presented an abundance of data that the remarks of Mike Berning board chairman SCLDD; Curt Hills, editor of the Daily Sun; and Janet Tutt , District manager had presented false information. It appeared that Ms Tutt gave out a lot of misinformation as to lawyer fees and the work they were supposedly providing. The POA has specific numbers to discredit the data given by Ms Tutt. I went into this issue much in a neutral position but as I spent more and more time studying the issue and considering the letters put forth by Gary Morse and Mark Morse, I concluded they themselves supported a AAC system for those folks south of 466. Mr. Berning seems to have forgotten the words of Gary Morse and the savings resulting in the establishment of an AAC in the area north of 466. As to the Daily Sun article and the follow up in the POA publication, I think I know who fits the adage "liar, liar pants on fire".

In my memory the OP has always been a supporter of the POA.
Old 09-03-2015, 12:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I was wondering when this topic would hit TOTV. Last week when the lawsiut announce was made...crickets. The followup article a couple of days later...crickets. The editorial in the VHA newsletter...crickets. The POA newsletter yesterday...crickets. I guess today's DS article and the follow up in the Recreation News was the tipping point. It will be fun!

I have one question for the group. Can someone explain to me why it is not a conflict of interest for Gerald Ferlisi to be a plaintiff in the lawsuit against The Villages while serving as a District 5 Supeervisor. Wouldn't he be making decisions on topics that would help him in his case against The Villages?

Was he elected or appointed to the position? Can can The Villages or the District 5 Board demand his resignation? Go!
Old 09-03-2015, 12:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw View Post
Ah yes. A version of the "Negative Nellie" comment. Don't forget the favorite, "if you don't like it, you can move".

And

that good old comment. "Your mother dresses you funny". I have been dying to say that.

The truth is that people who are anonymous can say anything mean or hateful that they want.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:09 PM
Callaway Guy

Looks like a dead horse is going to be beaten on this subject like dog poop, roundabouts and now coyotes.
Attached Images
th-2-jpg 
Old 09-03-2015, 01:13 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
The plaintiffs case was dismissed by a court judge with prejudice, the plaintiffs withdrew a subsequent complaint to the original. That speaks volumes.
Your comment is welcome but has nothing to do with my posting. The law suit is what it is ... My posting was to bring forth those who are not being honest in the publications. Who won or lost is another issue.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:26 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
In my memory the OP has always been a supporter of the POA.
Usually true but the point is that you cannot have it both ways. When confronting opposite statements, one must assume one is correct and one is false. If I had wanted to release my bias, I would have included in my posting that Mike Berning serving as Chairman of the SLCDD was elected to that board from the resulting vote of a single landowner, that land owner being the Developer. Mr. Berning refers to some of the Residents as negative folk who over the years have only hurt our community. These negative folk have won a lot of issues regarding the right of residents. But as to me always being a supporter of the POA, mostly true but but as I said "somebody is lying".
Closed Thread

Tags
poa, aac, daily, issue, morse, berning, tutt, liar, gary, north, presented, publication, south, data, mike, sun, board, lying, chairman, true, neutral, position, spent, studying, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.