So Who is Lying ??

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2015, 06:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Question Help Me

Please help me out. I had heard that the District Manager did not live in The Village's and also some of the Supervisors do not live in The Villages. Could that be true? Could there actually be people outside of The Villages and not residents
making policy and setting up rules that they do not have to abide by. Now how
would that happen. What system would allow non residents to run a Town or City without living in that location? How could they be elected to those posts? Are these really appointments using outside people? Can anyone give me some help on this?
Old 09-03-2015, 06:33 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

I tried to pull up on the net the latest POA Bullentin but no luck. No paper yet---just wanted to see what it had to say regarding the lawsuit.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:58 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Please help me out. I had heard that the District Manager did not live in The Village's and also some of the Supervisors do not live in The Villages. Could that be true? Could there actually be people outside of The Villages and not residents
would that happen. What system would allow non residents to run a Town or City without living in that location? How could they be elected to those posts? Are these really appointments using outside people? Can anyone give me some help on this?
All elected board members (Supervisors) must be qualified electors of the district. What the Developers do is not subject to our direct approval.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 09-03-2015 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
I tried to pull up on the net the latest POA Bullentin but no luck. No paper yet---just wanted to see what it had to say regarding the lawsuit.
I did not receive a POA in my driveway, yet some of my neighbors did which is unusual as I normally get one, but anyway here is the link to the latest POA, in case it is different than what your tried...

http://www.poa4us.org/bulletins_file...etin201509.pdf
Old 09-03-2015, 07:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

Those who cut down the trees and cost the district $50,000 are public enemy number 1. Those who were elected to protect our money initiated a lawsuit that was dismissed, costing us $350,000 are being hailed as righteous heroes in some circles.
This thread was never about who reports what truthfully....
Old 09-03-2015, 08:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Question Just Found out

Yep, it is true I was informed that the The District Manager for The Villages does NOT live in The Villages. Now lets take that a step further. Who put her there. Did the residents vote her in with a majority vote. NO. She was appointed through a series of steps that avoided residents approval and allegedly allowed the Developer to put her in charge of the Villages.. Now I ask you where will her loyalty allegedly be. With the residents who she does not need or the Developer who she owes her job to? Who do you think is really watching out for YOUR interest an appointment of the Developer or the POA who was established and is dedicated to only representing the residents. I am shocked to find out that the person in charge of all of our policies, rule, funding, and allegedly influence Daily Sun, VHA, etc.etc. does not even live in the community. All POA Board members live and reside in The Villages. As an aside I heard some of the Supervisors who vote for the rules also allegedly do not reside in The Villages.
Old 09-03-2015, 08:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Many towns and counties have Managers who do not live in the political subdivision. They are hired to do a job (manage) not govern. They do not make policy or rules.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Yep, it is true I was informed that the The District Manager for The Villages does NOT live in The Villages. Now lets take that a step further. Who put her there. Did the residents vote her in with a majority vote. NO. She was appointed through a series of steps that avoided residents approval and allegedly allowed the Developer to put her in charge of the Villages.. Now I ask you where will her loyalty allegedly be. With the residents who she does not need or the Developer who she owes her job to? Who do you think is really watching out for YOUR interest an appointment of the Developer or the POA who was established and is dedicated to only representing the residents. I am shocked to find out that the person in charge of all of our policies, rule, funding, and allegedly influence Daily Sun, VHA, etc.etc. does not even live in the community. All POA Board members live and reside in The Villages. As an aside I heard some of the Supervisors who vote for the rules also allegedly do not reside in The Villages.
So you didn't understand the organization of TV before you moved here?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-03-2015, 09:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Exclamation Not Really

I think the person(s) who manage some of these communities were appointed by an elected official. That is not the case in The Villages. I understand that the Villages Management including the General Manager was the result of appointments and not related to any election. Take this further at any time a person could be put in charge of all Village business and the residents have no say who that person IS and how they would represent the residents interests.
Thus the need for the POA = "PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION'
Old 09-03-2015, 10:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
I think the person(s) who manage some of these communities were appointed by an elected official. That is not the case in The Villages. I understand that the Villages Management including the General Manager was the result of appointments and not related to any election. Take this further at any time a person could be put in charge of all Village business and the residents have no say who that person IS and how they would represent the residents interests.
Thus the need for the POA = "PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION'
Old 09-04-2015, 04:39 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Sigh. First, a lawsuit being dismissed is absolutely irrelevant. Just because there is no LEGAL cause of action does not mean something unfair did not occur. The court gave plaintiffs three tries to get the complaint worded properly. Their attorney never succeeded. Complaints can be dismissed with or without prejudice for several reasons -- lack of jurisdiction, no cause of action, etc.

General Managers are usually selected by a board or committee, not elected. Their job is to take charge of daily issues, create and maintain a budget. They don't make policy, they enforce policy. So, Janet Tutt not being a TV resident is irrelevant. She does a good job given the constraints on her position. Frankly, I'd be more worried if her loyalties didn't lay with the developer.

As to who told the truth and who lied, I have no idea. I don't even have a real sense what the lawsuit was about and have no intention of reading the pleadings to find out. Normally, the truth lies somewhere between two opposing sides. They're both going to say what it takes to come across looking good.

This is a dead horse beaten up in the courts and behind the scenes long before anything was made public. (And I'm very pro POA.)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-04-2015, 05:33 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Sigh. First, a lawsuit being dismissed is absolutely irrelevant. Just because there is no LEGAL cause of action does not mean something unfair did not occur. The court gave plaintiffs three tries to get the complaint worded properly. Their attorney never succeeded. Complaints can be dismissed with or without prejudice for several reasons -- lack of jurisdiction, no cause of action, etc.

General Managers are usually selected by a board or committee, not elected. Their job is to take charge of daily issues, create and maintain a budget. They don't make policy, they enforce policy. So, Janet Tutt not being a TV resident is irrelevant. She does a good job given the constraints on her position. Frankly, I'd be more worried if her loyalties didn't lay with the developer.

As to who told the truth and who lied, I have no idea. I don't even have a real sense what the lawsuit was about and have no intention of reading the pleadings to find out. Normally, the truth lies somewhere between two opposing sides. They're both going to say what it takes to come across looking good.

This is a dead horse beaten up in the courts and behind the scenes long before anything was made public. (And I'm very pro POA.)
Thanks, Red.
Old 09-04-2015, 05:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I'm gong to my club meeting this morning. When I get home, I need to change the strings on my 12 string acoustic. Then, after a short nap, I might go to the pool for an hour or so before practicing some music.

After dinner maybe we'll go to one of the squares and watch a band.

I expect to have a somewhat different but just as nice a day tomorrow.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I'm gong to my club meeting this morning. When I get home, I need to change the strings on my 12 string acoustic. Then, after a short nap, I might go to the pool for an hour or so before practicing some music.

After dinner maybe we'll go to one of the squares and watch a band.

I expect to have a somewhat different but just as nice a day tomorrow.
That's priceless
Old 09-04-2015, 06:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Remember when the officials declared that they would pay for the damage from the tree cutting incident using funds from districts south of 466? Remember when the officials announced that they were going to pay to repair the Morse bridge using district funds? Remember that they are acting in your best interest.
Closed Thread

Tags
poa, aac, daily, issue, morse, berning, tutt, liar, gary, north, presented, publication, south, data, mike, sun, board, lying, chairman, true, neutral, position, spent, studying, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.