So why do people have such an issue...

Closed Thread
Old 09-09-2019, 02:38 PM

Trailer parks aren’t what they used to be, honey.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

I'm getting a kick out of this thread like everyone else. Even if it is like DEJA VU all over again. Here we are at almost 140 posts and it just dawned on me...... isn't there an unwritten site rule that states you have to have deflated the airbed and made sure the ink is dry on your sales contract before you start campaigning to change the deed restrictions you agreed too?
Old 09-09-2019, 03:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
What really gets me is the people who snitch and don’t even live in the neighborhood where the violation is.

Really the little white crosses and the beautiful bird ornaments bothers people or detracts from the neighborhood.
Little white crosses grow into 8 foot tall crosses made with 2x4's and lit up with a spotlight in the middle of a lawn for 4+ months of every year. It's not the crosses it's the idea that if "A" is ok then "B" is too or is she can do it so can I. A lawn display is a lawn display whether it's a cross or a peeing dog or a 6 inch high bird which all violate what we chose to agree to when we bought here.

I really don't get it. It has nothing to do with religion or patriotism (in the case of flags). There are no "shades of gray" with this it's simply allowed or not and here it is not and we ALL agreed that it is NOT when we moved in here and signed the papers.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
I'm getting a kick out of this thread like everyone else. Even if it is like DEJA VU all over again. Here we are at almost 140 posts and it just dawned on me...... isn't there an unwritten site rule that states you have to have deflated the airbed and made sure the ink is dry on your sales contract before you start campaigning to change the deed restrictions you agreed too?
Interesting question, can you point to the person that wants to change the covenants we agreed to? I am sure you didn't just make the up.
Old 09-09-2019, 03:34 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Interesting that the posters who are complaining about the need to have all of us step up to what we agreed to are mostly new arrivals, either to TOTV or The Villages (determined by the number of posts). Why is that?

Interesting indeed.

Wait. How would the clipboard woman (according to legend, it’s always a woman) in the golf cart get south of 44 to stir up all this angst?

Kinda like Santa. “She’s” everywhere.

Or, is she a convenient scapegoat?
Old 09-09-2019, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
I really don't get it. It has nothing to do with religion or patriotism (in the case of flags). There are no "shades of gray" with this it's simply allowed or not and here it is not and we ALL agreed that it is NOT when we moved in here and signed the papers.
Well, section 4 of my covenants say "Lawn ornaments are prohibited, except for seasonal displays"

So, basically it says you can put out a set of lawn ornament for every season... I think there are four seasons, and between them they make up the whole year...

Seriously, everyone is acting like this is all clear cut legal agreement, and the language in them would be laughed out of any court. I am NOT saying I disagree with them (I mentioned earlier I am waiting to paint my driveway so that I am in fact in compliance.) I am just saying, things are not all black and white like it is being made out here.
Old 09-09-2019, 04:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Question Get Real

What I posted is what is in violation of the Deed Restrictions. Why is it necessary to try to justify everything by failed judgement and faulty logic. I can say what I think but I can't help you understand it I see there are those who make the person who reports the violation of the Deed Restriction as the "bad person" and the one violating the Villages rules as the "victim"So the Cop who stops a person who is speeding is bad and the one speeding is a victim. It is truly scary that we have some people who believe this "junk" and preach this to our children. We then wonder why they have little respect for the laws. To add fuel to the fire we make "dope" legal and screw up their minds. And were the "older generation" and should be educating our children and respecting the laws. Is this the first evidence the general IQ has fallen and continues to fall. Sure as heck looks like it??
Old 09-09-2019, 04:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

You know a couple of pink flamingos being OK'd opens the door for their ancestors

The Villages Florida

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
You know a couple of pink flamingos being OK'd opens the door for their ancestors

The Villages Florida

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Oh No! "Dinosaurs That Ate The Villages", coming to a theater near you!

And with that I think I am out of this thread, it is just flapping in the breeze... so to speak. It's been real, see you in the next thread.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
You have options. If you don't like the rules. MOVE..You came here knowing the rules. No one is holding you here and you have the option of leaving. If you want pink birds in plastic on your lawn or want to advertise you are a Christian by lawn oraments (I am a christian but that is between me and my god), and if you don't believe God did a good job by giving us beautiful flowers and green grass and great green growth then for god's sake move to somewhere where you can mess up God's work and admire awful commercially made things. Even to the extent of fake flowers which is a low point in ruining the wonderful community we live in. Again, please leave us to our beautiful Villages and Deed Restrictions meant to keep it that way and enjoy the outside "plastic" world.
Erm, god didn't have anything to do with the grass, or the flowers. The land didn't look anything remotely like it does now, until the developers plowed what god really DID create, destroyed it, removed it, and created something that was never meant to grow here. Wilderness is made by god. Lawns are made by landscapers.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPhil View Post
The biggest problem with the reporting of so-called violations is that more often than not it is by people who "troll"; that is, they don't live in the neighborhood but find their jollies looking for offenses. You seem to think every "offense" is leading toward trailer trash when, in fact, the offense sometimes is a beautiful lawn ornament that enhances a yard. Sometimes it is a necessity for a disabled person who wasn't aware that adding a few bricks to the side of his driveway for safety's sake was a big deal. Sometimes a homeowner is in distress and it would be so much kinder for those trollers to stop and see if assistance in yard work is needed. And sometimes it is a vindictive person who makes things up! (Yes, this happened to a friend of mine.) From the many "violations" I have read about, they are petty things which could easily be taken care of by neighbors talking to each other. If it isn't your neighborhood, it isn't your business; if it is your neighborhood, then how about taking The Villages mantra into account: "Florida's Friendliest Hometown". Make it so.
A novel idea, but sadly there are a few people who just get some kind of perverted thrill out of seeking flaws in everyone else. That is probably their own greatest flaw, but I'm guessing only one of many - which is why they spend so much time and effort seeking out the flaws of everyone else.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
Well, section 4 of my covenants say "Lawn ornaments are prohibited, except for seasonal displays"

So, basically it says you can put out a set of lawn ornament for every season... I think there are four seasons, and between them they make up the whole year...

Seriously, everyone is acting like this is all clear cut legal agreement, and the language in them would be laughed out of any court. I am NOT saying I disagree with them (I mentioned earlier I am waiting to paint my driveway so that I am in fact in compliance.) I am just saying, things are not all black and white like it is being made out here.
Interesting. What district are you in? Ours exactly (not basically) in district 6 says 30 DAYS which isn't quite forever based on "4 seasons.":

■ 2.15b Lawn ornaments are prohibited, except for seasons displays not exceeding a thirty (30) day duration.

Not quite sure what is a "seasons display". Strange terminology. My guess is (and it is admittedly poorly written and unclear) their intent was for major holidays but that wouldn't stand up in court. What is a major holiday for one may not be for another.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:35 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
Interesting indeed.

Wait. How would the clipboard woman (according to legend, it’s always a woman) in the golf cart get south of 44 to stir up all this angst?

Kinda like Santa. “She’s” everywhere.

Or, is she a convenient scapegoat?
I must have missed the post saying she was seen south of 44. With all the posts on this and the other 2 threads it is very possible some one said she was.
Old 09-09-2019, 08:54 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

My yard is in compliance with the codes so I'm not worried about someone reporting me. One of the reasons we like it here is because of the codes that keep the neighborhoods looking good. My problem is with the anonymous reporting. In my 72 years of life working in civilian and military organizations, the best way to ruin morale and cohesiveness is to have an unknown snitch ratting out people. It builds distrust and suspicion and makes the environment a distasteful place to work or live in. Seeing as how The Villages has set this system in place it belies the motto of the "Friendliest City".
Old 09-09-2019, 09:20 PM

I think we should be apprised of people who "turn us in" because we should be able to face our accusers. For those people who are against the little white crosses, get real! Too many have been turned in for that "infraction" and it's silly. If it offends someone because s/he has no religious belief, why should those who do practice a faith be subjected to the others' hedonistic ways?
Closed Thread

Tags
restrictions, deed, folks, enforce, complain

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.