Softball

Closed Thread
Old 12-13-2017, 09:56 PM
Default Softball

Trying to find out where or who to contact for neighborhood softball league. Help would be appreciated.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:17 PM

Sign up sheets are at Saddlebrook . One must still carry a rating as the teams are by division.
Old 12-14-2017, 12:40 AM

Softball Information

Try this web site --you need to try out before assignment

Good Luck
Old 12-14-2017, 07:50 AM
Veteran member

If you haven't been evaluated, you must go to 3 eval sessions, 2 if you're female (starting back in January). At that time, you can sign up as a sub, since teams for winter season are already set. You will be treated as a priority sub, so your chances of playing are good.
Old 12-14-2017, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Trying to find out where or who to contact for neighborhood softball league. Help would be appreciated.
To cut to the chase, show up Tuesday Morning at 7:30 at the Buffalo Glen Softball Complex on 466 between the high school and middle school. The fields are visible from 466. Bring your glove and shoes and do that 3 times and you'll get evaluated with rating of 1 through 5. Your rating will determine which leagues you qualify to play. Normally the evaluations are held every week except in August the fields close for maintenance. With Christmas and New Years approaching, you might wait until January.
Old 12-14-2017, 09:25 AM

Eval in January or February can be frigid! If You have not been active/y playing for 2-3 weeks prior to evals then start working out now. Muscle pulls from cold weather never seem to away at our age and Your season could be over quickly!
Old 12-14-2017, 11:15 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
To cut to the chase, show up Tuesday Morning at 7:30 at the Buffalo Glen Softball Complex on 466 between the high school and middle school. The fields are visible from 466. Bring your glove and shoes and do that 3 times and you'll get evaluated with rating of 1 through 5. Your rating will determine which leagues you qualify to play. Normally the evaluations are held every week except in August the fields close for maintenance. With Christmas and New Years approaching, you might wait until January.
Do yourself a favor and don't show up at the field Tuesday morning. The fields are closed until the end of the year. See post 4.
Old 12-14-2017, 06:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W
Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
Do yourself a favor and don't show up at the field Tuesday morning. The fields are closed until the end of the year. See post 4.
I did mention in my post to wait until January because of the holidays. However, post #4 shown below, where did you post that the fields are closed until January? I see the rules for woman were changed in January, nothing about the fields. If you have knowledge the fields are closed, just post it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken
If you haven't been evaluated, you must go to 3 eval sessions, 2 if you're female (starting back in January). At that time, you can sign up as a sub, since teams for winter season are already set. You will be treated as a priority sub, so your chances of playing are good.
To add to my original post; getting evaluated after a season starts is not a big problem. I moved here in July of 2011 and went to one evaluation, then had to wait because of August closures, then finished my evaluations in September. I was rated a level 4 and turned in a blue sheet at Saddlebrook and that night, 3 coaches - 2 rec league and 1 neighborhood, called and asked if I wanted to play full time on their team. I took the neighborhood position and it all worked out.
Old 12-16-2017, 12:05 PM

Thanks for the help
Closed Thread

Tags
softball, league, neighborhood, appreciated, find

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.