Another sinkhole

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2014, 05:19 PM
Default Another sinkhole

I just read a Minton article about another sinkhole - this time in Mallory Square. The article didn't anything else on location but stated one house may be uninhabitable. Does anyone have further info? I live in Mallory buy am traveling visiting grandchildren. Article was in the Villages News site.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:30 PM

I have a friend that lives in Liberty park with a sinkhole.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:33 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietman View Post
I just read a Minton article about another sinkhole - this time in Mallory Square. The article didn't anything else on location but stated one house may be uninhabitable. Does anyone have further info? I live in Mallory buy am traveling visiting grandchildren. Article was in the Villages News site.
Yes I saw that article and it didn't give any street address yet. One house is uninhabitable, they said. Stay tuned for further details, I guess.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 04-22-2014, 05:37 PM
Sage

Based on the name of the person interviewed one could search Sumter PA property website and determine that the location was Mallory Hill Drive.

Looks like a totally interior neighborhood...no ponds or golf courses.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:59 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Sinkholes seem more prevalent in TV this spring than I can remember and we first purchased in March, 2006. I wonder if the wet winter has anything to do with more sinkholes?
Old 04-22-2014, 07:17 PM

Sinkhole is NOT on Mallory Hill Drive. We live nearby, and just rode down that street 10 min. ago.

Last edited by ladila2; 04-22-2014 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Maybe on Mallory Hill Drive.....We couldn't see air conditioner from the street!
Old 04-22-2014, 08:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Over Near Cane Garden??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quietman View Post
Coming home from golf this morning I saw a truck and trailer prominently marked as a "sinkhole repair service" pulling out onto either St. Charles or Bailey Trail from one of the streets near Cane Garden CC. I wasn't paying attention to the street, but there are only about a half dozen that egress onto those two streets. I don't know the names of the villages over there.

It could be absolutely nothing, but I wondered what a sinkhole repair service truck would be doing in that neighborhood.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:29 PM
Veteran member

http://www.**************.com/anothe...allory-square/
Old 04-23-2014, 02:57 AM

Where in Liberty Park? What street? When did this happen?
Old 04-23-2014, 08:26 AM

"Where in Liberty Park? What street? When did this happen?"

The one near Buttonwood opened up again this morning. The news channels are already covering it with Helicopter video.

Click on link: Sink hole!
Old 04-23-2014, 08:29 AM

Helicopters flying over head, hovering for over an hour. They were very loud and fairly low.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:00 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

This certainly isn't good news. We are back in Illinois a bit early this year because we were fortunate to get tickets for The Masters. Augusta, put us one third of the way north.

We certainly appreciate updates from TV----really feel awful for those dealing with sinkholes. Apparently it can happen to any of us----double checking my insurance.
Old 04-23-2014, 08:04 PM

Yes, where in Liberty Park? I live there and am not aware of any sinkholes there?
Old 04-24-2014, 01:20 AM
Default Contact your Governors office.

Put sink hole reform on the agenda for the next election (Governor.)

If they want your vote they will listen !
Old 04-24-2014, 05:23 AM
Sage
Default Our thoughts and prayers are with those homeowners

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-sinkhole-reopens-the-villages-20140423,0,3119154.story

This online addition of the Orlando Sentinel was just shared with me......guess the "kids" are concerned for us. It's in this morning's newspaper. April 24, 2014.

If you enlarge the second photo , it leads to a FOX NEWS video.
Knowing you folks truly do not care for the Sentinel, nor read it, thought you'd want to see how that sinkhole reopening is being covered. A lot of people "out of state" do read that major newspaper for Florida news. When you click on the photos they will enlarge. Below all the junk, way down, are comments not particularly favorable to T.V.

It's like "Groundhog Day" for those poor residents........our prayers go out to them.

It's very difficult to not be concerned and chalk it up to just needing good insurance. It must be traumatic to the homeowners, for sure. If it happened here, I'd be quite worried. There is no joke in the world that would set my mind at rest as I do not consider it a funny occurrence......and I do enjoy humor; having a great sense of it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.