Solar Company LUMIO

Old 02-01-2024, 06:53 PM
Default Solar Company LUMIO

Has anyone had any interactions with Lumio? I'm just checking that they are real and not a scam. I looked them up, did research and even though they provided references, I wanted to hear from anyone that has had either installed a solar system with them or any positive or other dealings before I gave them any personal information.
Please people this isn't a thread to discuss if you would or wouldn't want solar on your home. It is about Lumio in particular.
Thank You
Old 02-01-2024, 06:59 PM
Veteran member

They came to my door and I talked to them for a few moments. I'm not really a fan of companies that do door to door sales.

Anyways, I did research out of curiosity and they do seem reputable. I just don't see how the numbers would ever work for a home in TV when our electricity bills are not very high, especially in the newer homes where you have a gas stove/oven and gas dryer. Plus you have to think about if your insurance company makes you replace your roof every 10 years that could make things really tough.
Old 02-01-2024, 09:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

I have never been contacted by them, but be very careful, there have been reports of companies "selling" solar panels at zero cost, the problem was they essentially had a lien on your house, xx years. You did not own the panels, you could not remove the panels, and if you sold your house the new owners had to take on the lease.
IMHO, ask for a copy of the exact contract you would be signing, then go to a lawyer and a financial advisor and have both of them carefully look over the contract, then and only then if it is OK, be sure that you sign the copy they gave you, just in case a future copy and some additional "fine print".
There have been several very good discussions on this site about solar panels in Florida, and the general consensus was it does not make any financial sense to do this. Basically, do your own due diligence in this matter and proceed with caution.
Old 02-01-2024, 10:30 PM

With electricity being so inexpensive I don’t see why anybody goes through with it? It’s not like it was in California where they have four tiers and the lowest is higher than the highest one in Arizona. I had an all electric house and believe me the bills that came in the summer - $600!!!

Tags
solar, lumio, information, personal, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.