Solar Hot Water or Active Solar?

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii
Question Solar Hot Water or Active Solar?

Is the instillation of solar hot water panels (for the heating of domestic hot water ) or Active solar panels allowed in the villages. I know someone in Calif. Who had a lanai added that has solar panels as the roof., It looks normal and provides all the houses electric needs and on sunny days sells power back to the grid. She gets a check for about $50 a month some months from the electric company.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:45 PM
Platinum member

Solar panels are allowed in TV. At least one resident on the Belmont executive golf course has a roof full of them. While I haven't had a chance to speak with him, folks say he is happy to discuss his setup. The real issue is how many years it takes to break even after the initial investment. The new tax breaks and possible utility company rebates may make it much more practical. When I get back, researching that is near the top of my list.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.