Sold by Villages Realtors

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2020, 07:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts
Default Sold by Villages Realtors

so, so disappointing that yet again "The Villages" real estate people had an open house across the street from us...and yet again, they left almost all the lights on in the house after they left

what's with these Villages Real Estate people....this is like the 5th time this has happened...seems like they just don't care...or maybe they are poorly trained

they want to be seen as professionals, yet they can't seem to turn off the lights before they close up the house after hosting an open house

come on....and they want 5 or 6 %

so once again, I've called the guy next door that has a key and once again he'll go in and shut off the lights. Hope the owner gives these sales people a piece of her mind.
Old 08-18-2020, 08:00 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,345 Times in 1,449 Posts

So it's only The Villages agents that leave the lights on? So because of that they don't deserve 5 or 6%?
Old 08-18-2020, 08:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
So it's only The Villages agents that leave the lights on? So because of that they don't deserve 5 or 6%?
yeah...she went with the Villages agents and they are the only ones that have EVER hosted the open houses that they have had so far. After EVERY showing the lights are left on. Never happens in between open houses....this house has been on the market for 3 months now

So you're saying that you're okay with a realtor showing your home and walking away without turning off the lights that they turned on to "show the house" and you think that that's worth paying top money for???

the owner isn't local...leaving the lights on costs her money...

you think this behavior is worth 5-6% when there's an alternative???

Last edited by davem4616; 08-18-2020 at 08:31 PM.
Old 08-18-2020, 08:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

In my experience seems like realtors do not care since they dont pay the electric bill.

When our house was for sale in Va we were asked by various realtors if ok to show the house say 5-6 pm,

We would leave come back after and pretty much all the time a bunch of lights were left on.

Must have happened with at least 8 realtors who showed our house before it sold.
Old 08-18-2020, 10:45 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

The title of this thread is meaningless as there is no such thing as a Villages Realtor. Their in-house agents are not Realtors.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 08-18-2020 at 10:51 PM.
Old 08-19-2020, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
yeah...she went with the Villages agents and they are the only ones that have EVER hosted the open houses that they have had so far. After EVERY showing the lights are left on. Never happens in between open houses....this house has been on the market for 3 months now

So you're saying that you're okay with a realtor showing your home and walking away without turning off the lights that they turned on to "show the house" and you think that that's worth paying top money for???

Such a good point you made and such a good neighbor YOU are since you don't have a key to do what the realty agent is being paid well for ! Some would not bother to go get another person to unlock the house and SAVE big time $$ for your absent neighbor. Give yourself a pat on the back.... and an extra cookie, you deserve it. That's what the "villages" is supposed to be. My personal experience in using a agency to sell a house was not good so I only did it once in four times. I had the lights left on ALL the time... they didn't really mind because it was not coming out of their money. I had my sprinkler system left running once, why shut it off, the agent was not paying for the water, and, I found out, she was in a hurry, was supposed to meet another agent for an early dinner, had cigarette butts crushed on my garage floor once ! Agent said people she was showing home to could never have done it ! She suggested perhaps one of my two grown sons may have come over AFTER the showing, and smoked while they were int he garage.... trouble was, neither of my sons lived in that state (Iowa) and neither smoke....LOL... so, "some" agent, who did NOT want to loose a sale, allowed a person going through my house to go to my garage and smoke, knowingly ! Again, good for you for standing up for your neighbor, an agent is not ever going to care as much as you do.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:10 AM
Veteran member

A sales agent . as bad as car sales people???
Old 08-19-2020, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
The title of this thread is meaningless as there is no such thing as a Villages Realtor. Their in-house agents are not Realtors.
Was of the understanding they must pass the Realtor license of Florida to work there. This they are Realtors.
Old 08-19-2020, 05:51 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

That seems to be the norm.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromNY View Post
Was of the understanding they must pass the Realtor license of Florida to work there. This they are Realtors.
Passing the exam makes them licensed real estate agents. Real estate agents who join the National Association of Realtors (allowing them to post listings on the "multilist") are Realtors.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromNY View Post
They are NOT realtors.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:12 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Smh.........
Old 08-19-2020, 06:23 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Sorry for your loss of sleep. Realtor's nightmare, lights and locks.
Old 08-19-2020, 06:26 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post

Unless the owner has asked you to watch their house, its not your business. You say this happens alot? Well, shame on the owners for continuing to use these realtors
Old 08-19-2020, 06:33 AM

It’s not just the villages, I had REALTY EXECUTIVES they left doors unlocked, lights on, and sliding door open. She also put a extra lock box on the garage so it was not track able. She was the nastiest Realitor, she talked about us to the neighbors and the buyer saying nasty things. I would never recommend them to anyone.
Closed Thread

Tags
house, villages, lights, people, left

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.