Some Consideration Please !!!

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2017, 03:25 AM
Veteran member
Thumbs down America's Friendliest Home Town. Yeah, Right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Babb View Post
Last night, at the tree lighting ceremony, my wife and I arrived at 4 with our own chairs. We ended setting up about 8 rows back where the line dancers dance. Good view, that why we arrived early.

Throughout the evening people were coming late, standing between chairs completely blocking our view and those behind us. The staff was continually trying to remove all those that came late from standing in the aisle completely blocking all views. Then the late comers that tried to put their chairs in the aisle or expand the sitting area into the dance floor. This was followed by friends of those who came early came over proceeded to spend the rest of the evening standing with their friends completely blocking the views. Then all was lost towards the end of the lighting ceremony and even standing the late comers completely blocked all.
Doesn't anyone care enough to honor those sitting and respect theirs views?

Please some consideration!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
These are the same people who go to the Sharon and insist of taking pictures with their phones, lighting up the area and making the show unpleasant- they only think of themselves--very selfish or just plain stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
There actually was a time when going to the town square was a pleasant experience. No more. The Villages is way beyond being over built and with the disappointment of Brownwood pressure is placed on Spanish Springs and especially Lake Sumter Landing.

The Villages idyllic settings captured in photos and video's are unfortunately good only for marketing.
I have lived in two foreign countries and many cities with a population much larger than TV.
Never, and I repeat never, have I met and come across more nasty and rude people than I have here.
The phrase that TV is American's friendliest home town is a terrible misnomer!
And regarding marketing . . . well, that's another topic altogether!

I don't know what it is that makes some of these people feel so entitled.
I don't know what it is that makes them so rude as in "me first and screw you."
Where do they come off treating others like this?
No, it isn't because TV has grown so much.
Do you really think growth has made a difference in their behavior?
Absolutely not! Even in New York City, most people are polite.

I think the developer should pay off duty cops (in uniform) to maintain crowd control at these events. Otherwise, if no one is
taking responsibility for making these deadbeats move, these events shouldn't be held.

A couple of years ago I went to an event at the square at Lake Sumter.
My husband didn't want to go so I went with a friend.
There was one empty chair at the end of a row and a husband and wife were sitting next to this chair.
There also was an empty chair next to the wife.
I politely asked if they would move over one seat so my friend and I could sit together.
You would have thought I four-lettered him, insulted his wife and asked him to do something that took a lot of effort!
To boot, after some not very nice words, his remark to me was to stop bothering him; otherwise he would call the police!
Since that time I have never gone to another event.
It isn't worth getting my dander up because inevitably, someone would exhibit that type of attitude and I can't tolerate the kind of behavior I've mentioned above.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:04 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
How sad for you.
Poster our TOTV history has always been if I said red you would say blue. so here we are again. You misunderstand. I don't tie my happiness or sadness to a place. I am a realist, a pragmatist and a survivor. I simply pointed out that this place is overbuilt. and unlike major cities we all have to share limited space on road, cart paths, crowded facilities (ie we are all going to the same places. and to boot sharing most of the same facilities with communities, also exploding, on the fringe of TV

One poster wrote about the rudeness of people here. One explanation may well be that the marketing by the sales department has faded away into the reality of what TV and the surrounding area has become.

This is no longer a 55+ retirement community. It has long since become a vacation destination where investment companies are buying several homes for renting wherein they can ignore the many rules. Like living up north, come winter I make my adjustments as the renters , et al make their appearance

If your definition of paradise is crowded everything empty food shelves and long waits then from October to May you are going to be one happy bloke
Old 12-01-2017, 06:34 AM

I’m not so sure that rudeness or selfish is the problem. I feel that if you told those standing and blocking the view of others would be apologetic and move immediately. Keep in mind, we are old, many of us over 70; therefore, we have reduced power in the grey matter area. Most want to believe we are as sharp as we were at 40, but we’re not. We all start losing it after 55 or 60. Relax, do your best to be thoughtful and try to understand the limitations we have as we age.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,311 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
I have lived in two foreign countries and many cities with a population much larger than TV.
Never, and I repeat never, have I met and come across more nasty and rude people than I have here.

I think the developer should pay off duty cops (in uniform) to maintain crowd control at these events. Otherwise, if no one is
taking responsibility for making these deadbeats move, these events shouldn't be held.

There was one empty chair at the end of a row and a husband and wife were sitting next to this chair.
I politely asked if they would move over one seat so my friend and I could sit together.
You would have thought I four-lettered him, insulted his wife and asked him to do something that took a lot of effort!
To boot, after some not very nice words, his remark to me was to stop bothering him; otherwise he would call the police!
It isn't worth getting my dander up because inevitably, someone would exhibit that type of attitude and I can't tolerate the kind of behavior I've mentioned above.
Yes beyond a reasonable doubt
Old 12-01-2017, 07:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

Wow! I don’t know what to say. We were at the tree lighting and had no chairs. My husband is wearing a back brace due to recent surgery and someone offered him their chair. There are all kinds of people in this world. I have met both types but I would never let one rude person keep me from enjoying my life.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:35 AM
fw102807

In a perfect world.
We went walked around and thought it was fun.
Old 12-01-2017, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I went to a tree lighting at Brownwood three years ago with a friend. She had to drag me there, because I'm a crowd claustrophobic. We were jam-packed standing, but everyone was polite about it. It was a very nice time, and I kept my eye on the tree and not the crowds. My only fear was we all were going to set each other on fire with all those candles!

Also, I love having miscellaneous conversations with people I don't know and probably will never see again.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:42 AM
Sage

Quote:

Some truth, but you lost credibility at New York City.

The Villages might very well be completely unique, in that so many older people going out and socializing. Truth in the statement that the brain changes.

Elsewhere the sole older person will be given respect and priority by others. In a place where everyone is a senior that can't logically happen. So perhaps ones view, this posters view, is distorted.
Old 12-01-2017, 08:52 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Poster our TOTV history has always been if I said red you would say blue. so here we are again. You misunderstand. I don't tie my happiness or sadness to a place. I am a realist, a pragmatist and a survivor. I simply pointed out that this place is overbuilt. and unlike major cities we all have to share limited space on road, cart paths, crowded facilities (ie we are all going to the same places. and to boot sharing most of the same facilities with communities, also exploding, on the fringe of TV

One poster wrote about the rudeness of people here. One explanation may well be that the marketing by the sales department has faded away into the reality of what TV and the surrounding area has become.

This is no longer a 55+ retirement community. It has long since become a vacation destination where investment companies are buying several homes for renting wherein they can ignore the many rules. Like living up north, come winter I make my adjustments as the renters , et al make their appearance

If your definition of paradise is crowded everything empty food shelves and long waits then from October to May you are going to be one happy bloke
Again, these are just your takes on these issues, not facts. And I didn't misunderstand. I simply stated I thought it was sad for you. I still do.

And I'm not looking for paradise...at least not yet. I'm just looking for a pleasant place to spend my later years. Imo, TV qualifies.

Quote:
...Never, and I repeat never, have I met and come across more nasty and rude people than I have here...
And you don't think this has anything to do with you?

Last edited by Polar Bear; 12-01-2017 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:31 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
Some truth, but you lost credibility at New York City.

The Villages might very well be completely unique, in that so many older people going out and socializing. Truth in the statement that the brain changes.

Elsewhere the sole older person will be given respect and priority by others. In a place where everyone is a senior that can't logically happen. So perhaps ones view, this posters view, is distorted.
I have been to NYC many times and I can say that there were very many rude people there. I have also been to Europe and found they can be very rude as well. This is not a Villages problem, this is a universal problem.

If you so dislike the Villages why do you not move to somewhere you consider more civilized?
Old 12-01-2017, 09:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I have been to NYC many times and I can say that there were very many rude people there. I have also been to Europe and found they can be very rude as well. This is not a Villages problem, this is a universal problem.

If you so dislike the Villages why do you not move to somewhere you consider more civilized?
All absolutely true.
Old 12-01-2017, 09:50 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,784 Times in 3,649 Posts

Wow..............this thread went to hell in less than 30 posts.

An unfortunate event at a Square has really pulled everyone down.

The sun is up, it's a beautiful day and we are all above ground.

Old 12-01-2017, 09:58 AM
Sage

Overcrowding leads people to act in a way they wouldn’t otherwise. All it takes are a few bad apples and the rest will follow the cue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2017, 10:00 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Overcrowding leads people to act in a way they wouldn’t otherwise. All it takes are a few bad apples and the rest will follow the cue.

So does alcohol...
Old 12-01-2017, 10:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
So does alcohol...

That too.

Closed Thread

Tags
late, completely, standing, chairs, views

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.