Some just don’t get it

Closed Thread
Old 09-16-2020, 06:23 AM

That worked before the pandemic but now I put the plastic bags in clean cloth bags in the back of my car so nothing touches my counters except my clean cloth bags. It is similar to sterile technique. Maybe when this is over I will return to the old way, but not before.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,962 Times in 4,153 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryandlinda View Post
The better way is to get away from plastic: it’s ugly and killing all life forms including humans.
Do you really need that many bags?
It’s thoughtless and lazy not to opt out when.
While we commend Florida for being pioneers and one of the few states to enact regulations, it’s nowhere near enough.
You can stop waste and trash (SWAT) starting today https://environmentflorida.org/feature/fle/wildlife-over-waste
While you're at it, could you please save the whales and eradicate climate change?
Old 09-16-2020, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Those plastic bags are a pain to open and understand what one must do to open the darn things. Got to be a better way
Just rub the plastic bag in your hands and it will open.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:45 AM

As a retired critical care & ER nurse, I am constantly educating people and most are quite gracious with my help.
Old 09-16-2020, 06:47 AM

There are some produce that are slightly wet , touch those then open a few bags , problem solved
Old 09-16-2020, 07:01 AM
Location: Chicago area but spend a month every year in The Villages
Default Mask problems

I thought you were going to say it was someone who absolutely refused to wear a mask. Sounds like she just needs a friendly or not so friendly reminder.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
Whether she licked her fingers or not she was going to touch what was put in the bag. You can’t hide from a virus. When are people going to get that? Sooner or later we’re all going to come in contact with this. Just like the flu or the common cold. You’ll either get it or you won’t. Take the masks off. Stop being paranoid. Start living life again. And if you’re too afraid to do that then stay home!
If I get, I get it. But what I don’t want to do is to get it from someone who could avoid giving it to me by simply wearing a mask.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:17 AM

Horrible post. That’s why almost 200,000 Americans are dead. Me, myself and I.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:25 AM
Location: Newburgh NY, Berwick PA, Grand Forks ND, Tampa Fl, Wenatchee Wash, TN, OK, TX, NC, OH, FL

I have been in many countries and seen and lived in places that when I got back to AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL, was tempted to kiss the ground! We all whine and complain at times, but life is just too short, enjoy n be happy! Finding fault with every little thing, just makes life miserable for you! We live in much better conditions than most of the world. Some places are just plain gross. It’s good here! Be friendly!!!
Old 09-16-2020, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
Whether she licked her fingers or not she was going to touch what was put in the bag. You can’t hide from a virus. When are people going to get that? Sooner or later we’re all going to come in contact with this. Just like the flu or the common cold. You’ll either get it or you won’t. Take the masks off. Stop being paranoid. Start living life again. And if you’re too afraid to do that then stay home!
Agree. The deception is continuing.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
You have to know the secret method. If I told you I'd have to kill you.
Produce Bags At Grocery Stores & Covid-19 - How Do You Open Them?
Nice but my biggest problem is with them in the meat department at Sam's Club.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:28 AM
Location: Newburgh NY, Berwick PA, Grand Forks ND, Tampa Fl, Wenatchee Wash, TN, OK, TX, NC, OH, FL

Lol!! Go to many places throughout the world, and I’m not talking about resorts! Maybe Haiti or some African cities. When you land in the great USA, you may be tempted to kiss the ground! As nasty as people think it is here, it’s NOTHING like a lot of the world! We are a nation of little whiny brats! Sometimes I complain also and am no better. However, when I think of where I have lived and worked. It’s a miracle that I was never sick! Please don’t let the little things bother you and rant n rave like a little out of control 5 year old. Life is too short! Be friendly n be happy!!!
Old 09-16-2020, 07:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art cov View Post
I have been in many countries and seen and lived in places that when I got back to AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL, was tempted to kiss the ground! We all whine and complain at times, but life is just too short, enjoy n be happy! Finding fault with every little thing, just makes life miserable for you! We live in much better conditions than most of the world. Some places are just plain gross. It’s good here! Be friendly!!!
I felt the same way after living in Manila for a year. I though things would be better there. When I hear people complaining about this country, I just shake my head.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:32 AM

You don't get it.... Wear a mask for hours on end you can't breathe... An most people need to work. Wear a mask while walking a mile or two see how much air you get. Need to stop believing what media is feeding you
Old 09-16-2020, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Those plastic bags are a pain to open and understand what one must do to open the darn things. Got to be a better way
While shopping, I keep a sanitizing wipe handy and rub my fingers together on it. Then I can open the bag.
Closed Thread

Tags
customers, employee, mask, lick, fingers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.