Was it something I said?

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2019, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts
Default Was it something I said?

The 17 page thread about pulling the trigger too soon was closed today. I was the last person to post a comment. I'm feeling sort of guilty. Was it something I said?
Old 09-03-2019, 09:39 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

My guess it the thread had simply run its course. Folks' admonishing messages were delivered.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 09-03-2019 at 10:59 AM.
Old 09-03-2019, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

I don't think so. I believe it was the non resident/sniping throwing out bait.... triggering thread closure.....then the majority who will typically do or say what is right and respectful of others opinions are disabled along with and because of the very, VERY few.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Could have been any of us. Sometimes I am confused as to how someone who does not own property here think they could run TV better.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Well, since you asked. Calling people stupid may have done it. BTW, many sowbirds leave there 'stuff' out for renters to use.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Well, since you asked. Calling people stupid may have done it. BTW, many sowbirds leave there 'stuff' out for renters to use.
And they have an agreement that if a storm is coming the resident will take care of the furniture....I've done it for years.
Don't always jump to conclusions and blame the snowbirds...…………………..(not you marathonman)
Old 09-03-2019, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Maybe it was shut down because the hurricane is no longer an issue for The Villages.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 09-03-2019, 10:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Old 09-03-2019, 11:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Rec activities and entertainment all up effective Thursday, select golf courses also opened effective Thursday. So it looks like you can call this "case closed!"
Old 09-03-2019, 11:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,168 Times in 1,929 Posts

Quote:
Well, since you asked. Calling people stupid may have done it. BTW, many snowbirds leave there 'stuff' out for renters to use.
This is the post I was responding to in the other thread.......
"Why do "Snowbirds" that leave their homes in the Villages for months at a time are leaving all those potential missile sitting out in their lanai knowing Florida is a hurricane state, then have someone go around picking it up for them?"

My response was not addressing folks who rent out their property. I would imagine folks who rent out their property would have a property management company or a friend or family member who is willing to take care of their property when the property is empty. Otherwise.....the renters should do their do diligence and prepare the outside of the property for a storm.

I actually prefer the word "stupidity" but thought of another pertinent word............."irresponsible".

Hope I have made my point.
Old 09-03-2019, 11:55 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
This is the post I was responding to in the other thread.......
"Why do "Snowbirds" that leave their homes in the Villages for months at a time are leaving all those potential missile sitting out in their lanai knowing Florida is a hurricane state, then have someone go around picking it up for them?"

My response was not addressing folks who rent out their property. I would imagine folks who rent out their property would have a property management company or a friend or family member who is willing to take care of their property when the property is empty. Otherwise.....the renters should do their do diligence and prepare the outside of the property for a storm.

I actually prefer the word "stupidity" but thought of another pertinent word............."irresponsible".

Hope I have made my point.
Our neighbors at house #1 could barely walk out to get their paper. More than once our home watch moved their outdoor furniture in their garage for them, when bad storms were coming. Sometimes they are just not able to move even light weight items, and if no one is willing to help, it’s the best they can do.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Are you trying to get another thread closed?
Old 09-03-2019, 04:12 PM
TOTV Moderator

Threads are closed for a variety of reasons, not always because of the last post.

Discussions can become hopelessly off topic or turn into personal squabbles or feuds. Or, the topic could be no longer relevant or overtaken by events.

Now that you know....this thread will be closed.

Closed Thread

Tags
comment, post, guilty, person, sort

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.