South of 44

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2023, 02:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
I’m envious of those who bought in Lake Denham. They can get to Orlando in 45 min.
The majority of homes in the Villages are one hour away from Orlando. I am not willing to pay the highest property taxes in the Villages, year after year, to save myself an additional 15 minute drive to Orlando. Not bashing those who consider it a perk, just not something I am willing to do

I prefer to be centrally located where amenities, golf courses, shopping, and medical facilities are only 6-8 miles away in any direction. Fortunately, that area has the lowest property taxes in the Villages. To each their own.

Last edited by Randall55; 08-27-2023 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Fix spellng
Old 08-27-2023, 07:08 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default Bond

There is always a bond, even if yours is paid off. Just look at the tax increase in Marion County this year to pay for the restoration of the sewer system.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 08-27-2023, 08:01 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,203 Times in 569 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
I’m envious of those who bought in Lake Denham. They can get to Orlando in 45 min.

And get the privilege to pay Leesburg taxes. Are they more than Wildwood's ?
Old 08-27-2023, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall55 View Post
Bonds have gone up throughout the years because prices to develop land which includes adding roads and bringing in utilities have significantly increased. A bond price is determined by how many homes are built on a parcel of land. The entire price of developing that parcel is divided equally among the homeowners. More homes, lesser bond price. Fewer homes on a parcel, greater bond price. It also depends on how the land was developed. For example, water retention ponds, bridges, and golf courses cost more to develop. A bond has nothing to do with a price of the home.

When purchasing a home consider the bond. As many people who own homes in the northern area have stated, the bonds are significantly smaller or have been paid in the area they live. However, if paying an average of a few hundred dollars extra a month doesn't bother you, then no sense in worrying.
We have about 66 homes in our veranda neighborhood, so I’m aware that’s how the bond is calculated. I was just unaware some new designer homes, especially in a very new village like Richmond had such low bond amounts. We knew exactly what ours would be, and that we had an annual City of Wildwood tax too. We were okay with it because we came to TV with a nice chunk of equity from the sale of our Calif home last year, so we bought our home with cash. The bond is our only monthly “mortgage” payment, and it’s only $170/month. I was just surprised by the low bond amount on a custom built designer home in a new village. It’s all good though with us. Love our new home and location!

Last edited by Nana2Teddy; 09-03-2023 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Correction.
Closed Thread

Tags
south, area, areas, north, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.