South of 44

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2023, 07:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,087 Times in 2,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post

But you should cross 441 again and play Orange Blossom Hills at least once---not the typical Villages course.
The old course, where it all began. Interesting layout, especially the back 9 and specifically 11- 16.
Old 08-19-2023, 08:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,277 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
You already know the answer-----tribalism.

But you should cross 441 again and play Orange Blossom Hills at least once---not the typical Villages course.
I'm still working on playing every course. It's on my list... I might break down and take the car and rent a cart when I get there (I did that the first time I played Glenview...). The hour+ drive to get there by cart does not sound like fun...

Maybe in the fall, when I can start later...

P.S. I played with a guy who plays every single hole of every single course every year...

He'll play multiple exec courses per day...

-Tom Petty
Old 08-19-2023, 09:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,608 Times in 945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post

I think most people spend most of their time within a few miles of their homes. Perfectly normal...
you know how there are sensors for your golf club to see how far you hit each club?
We need that for golf carts - I agree, bet most people travel within a 30 min radius of their house.
Old 08-19-2023, 09:59 PM
Thanked 1,120 Times in 246 Posts

And your point is.....what?
Old 08-19-2023, 10:11 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I am sure there are many people who love their home south of hwy 44. There are more and more amenities available in those areas and some, if not most, of the area is quite beautiful. I have been coming to TV since 2010 and have owned a Villa in Sanibel from 2018-2021 and a designer home in LaBelle North since then. Who knows how long we will continue to be snowflakes, spending Five months in TV and seven months in Kansas City, but for now that works well for us. The point of this post is that, as far as I’m concerned, south of 44 doesn’t exist. I see no reason to go down there, not that there aren’t good things there, but because everything I need or want exists above hwy 44. I am certainly not bashing that area, I realize there are great reasons that people choose to live there and many, if not most, love it. I think I represent a lot of people who would never consider moving south of 44, not out of a dislike or hate for that area, but just because we find nothing about that area that offers anything that appeals to us that we can’t access north. Please know, I’m not a hater of the new areas, just someone who is very fond of the areas north and with zero interest in the areas south. I presume there are some who feel the same as us, just as I am sure there are others who strongly disagree. Let’s hear it.
100% in agreement with you.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 08-20-2023, 12:06 AM

The Villages is the most 'Territorial' place I've ever lived. I have no reason to want to go to Miami or Key West or Ft Lauderdale or Thousands of other places. SO WHAT!
Old 08-20-2023, 04:29 AM
Veteran member

I’m just trying to fathom the rational for the original post. Am I supposed to rate where residents decided to live?? I’m at a loss to understand why this post even started
Old 08-20-2023, 04:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Exactly what is the purpose of this thread? Saturday night trolling? You’ve been around long enough to know it’ll probably turn into a bash the south fest. I’m glad you’re happy where you’re at. I’m guessing most people are happy where they’re at. They just don’t see the need to post about how they like it more than another specific area.
I guess I somewhat repeated what you said before I read your post. In any case I agree
Old 08-20-2023, 04:53 AM
Veteran member

No enjoyment is actually seeing and listening to the turnpike.

Few go south for the walking paths.
Old 08-20-2023, 04:54 AM

Please delete this thread. Totally worthless.
Old 08-20-2023, 05:02 AM

South of 44

Last edited by skippy05; 08-20-2023 at 05:26 AM.
Old 08-20-2023, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
We live north of 44 and often come down south to enjoy your walking/biking trails, your pitch and putt golf courses, your resort pools, and the music at Edna's. We are looking forward to seeing what will be built at Eastport.

Too bad that Sawgrass is such a crummy place. I guess you can't win 'em all.
I love Sawgrass Market area but feel that the restaurants in the market itself have a lot of work in both menu choices and flavor before becoming a place I would frequent.
Old 08-20-2023, 05:22 AM
Veteran member

Why are there so many pre-owned home for sale south of 44?? there must be a good reason for that. Ask yourself why.
Old 08-20-2023, 05:24 AM

My Dad has a better job than your Dad.........
Old 08-20-2023, 05:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Vive la difference!

TV is not "one size fits all". Nor was it ever meant to be. That slogan "Florida's friendliest hometown" gives folks the exact WRONG perception of what we are. We may be (most of the time are, in my opinion) outgoing and friendly but we are NOT citizens of one huge sprawling city that, if what I have read is true, geographically larger than the city of San Francisco. What we are, is a collection of small Villages, with some similarities village to village but with significant differences as well. We share amenities (sometimes at the end of a long drive considering how large TV is) but, if we so choose, not much beyond that.

The village where I live, only one way in or out, has no doubt looked overwhelmingly the same as it did since before Y2K, with the only change being car models. Very quiet here, which is what we like. But that most likely is not everyone's cup of tea, and if not there are villages where the residents are far more active and social-minded. The amenties that we favor are close by: Har-Tru tennis courts at Glenview (walking distance) and Lopez (short drive), several handy golf courses, etc. But tennis, especially on Har-Tru courts, just doesn't appeal to a lot of people. In which case their choice of Village-of-Residence would possibly be differents, depending on what THEY value.

Which is better? North or south? The answer is BOTH, depending on what we, as individuals, want and value.
Closed Thread

Tags
south, area, areas, north, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.