Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
Why?
IF you can't say something nice...
Old 08-20-2023, 05:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,383 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellshack View Post
My Dad has a better job than your Dad.........
But my mum could beat your dad up. So there!
Old 08-20-2023, 05:59 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I am sure there are many people who love their home south of hwy 44. There are more and more amenities available in those areas and some, if not most, of the area is quite beautiful. I have been coming to TV since 2010 and have owned a Villa in Sanibel from 2018-2021 and a designer home in LaBelle North since then. Who knows how long we will continue to be snowflakes, spending Five months in TV and seven months in Kansas City, but for now that works well for us. The point of this post is that, as far as I’m concerned, south of 44 doesn’t exist. I see no reason to go down there, not that there aren’t good things there, but because everything I need or want exists above hwy 44. I am certainly not bashing that area, I realize there are great reasons that people choose to live there and many, if not most, love it. I think I represent a lot of people who would never consider moving south of 44, not out of a dislike or hate for that area, but just because we find nothing about that area that offers anything that appeals to us that we can’t access north. Please know, I’m not a hater of the new areas, just someone who is very fond of the areas north and with zero interest in the areas south. I presume there are some who feel the same as us, just as I am sure there are others who strongly disagree. Let’s hear it.
I agree with you (except that I perform bluegrass at Aviary Rec Center on Morse across from thenVillage of Bradford Sunday nights at 6). However, a couple days ago I talked with a woman into a new home on a circle south of Florida’s Turnpike. She and all her neighbors moved in over a period of just a few weeks, they are more likely to be younger and around the same age, and so they all became friends. By contrast, I’ve moved into two established neighborhoods here, one complete in 1998 and one in 2012. The average age there is closer to eighty, and they. Already have their friends. That seems like a significant reason to buy in a brand new area. It takes me twenty minutes to drive from north of 466A to Aviary. It’s about the same to drive to Spanish Springs from my house. Nearly any restaurant or store I visit is ten or fifteen minutes or more. A number of those places are about the same distance from thousands of homes south of 44. Many are farther, of course.
Old 08-20-2023, 06:03 AM
Default It doesn't take much

It doesn't take much to start a civil war.
Old 08-20-2023, 06:04 AM

I love these type of threads the snow birds post…….The main point of a lot these post is to let everyone know they have two homes and they feel entitled because of it.
Moved into the villages this year I can see why some of the locals despise the villages.
When the entitled come to their other home and act like fools and think they own the place. Inside the villages and outside the bubble.
Old 08-20-2023, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Do you know what a Villages SNOW FLAKE is? Not the "political definition"...

It's someone, who's not yet a Frog, but not a "Snow Bird either. Someone who comes and goes as their schedule allows...

And I agree with the OP. Nothing wrong with the areas south of St Catherines, but I have no reason to go down there. Does it mean I'm "bashing" that area? How could you come to that conclusion? Why should I drive there if there nothing there for me? A dog park? I have one close to me, off Moyer Loop. A pitch & putt? I rarely play them, and if I did, I'd go to the one by Edna's. Closer, and I can have lunch afterwards...

And you support the HS in Middleton? You mean the one that just opened last week? The one that hasn't had a single event for you to "support"?

When Middleton opens, I'll check it out. If we like it, we'll add it to the rotation of places we visit. If not, we won't. Isn't that easy?

Just like Spanish Springs. We go up the for shows at The Sharon and an occasional dinner. There's one or two stores there we like but it's a shlep to take the cart there on a regular basis. LSL and Brownwood serve our needs quite nicely... I would think that those down by you rarely go up to Spanish Springs, due to the distance. Does that mean you're "bashing" the area?

I've been over the bridge that crosses 441 ONCE. It was on a sight seeing ride, a couple of years back, when we first moved in to our home. I doubt I'll ever do it again. Not bashing the area. It's just that I have no reason to go there. Why does this always turn into a "my area is better than your area" battle?
Agree on the Middleton and seats post. The dust hasn't even settled out there yet how can that statement be accurate. Typical of T V over-crowding at varoius events, I bet it will be almost impossible for those without kids attending the H S get tickets to anything in the 800 seat (I believe T V youtube video stated) theater. That remains to be seen.
Old 08-20-2023, 06:23 AM

Not sure what you are looking for in your post. But since we have lived in the northern part of the Villages and most recently the southern part, we have found we stick close to our area for amenities, banking, shopping etc. I suspect most Villagers do the same. Why drive 5 miles to another area to do what you can right next door?
Old 08-20-2023, 06:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
I am sure there are many people who love their home south of hwy 44. There are more and more amenities available in those areas and some, if not most, of the area is quite beautiful. I have been coming to TV since 2010 and have owned a Villa in Sanibel from 2018-2021 and a designer home in LaBelle North since then. Who knows how long we will continue to be snowflakes, spending Five months in TV and seven months in Kansas City, but for now that works well for us. The point of this post is that, as far as I’m concerned, south of 44 doesn’t exist. I see no reason to go down there, not that there aren’t good things there, but because everything I need or want exists above hwy 44. I am certainly not bashing that area, I realize there are great reasons that people choose to live there and many, if not most, love it. I think I represent a lot of people who would never consider moving south of 44, not out of a dislike or hate for that area, but just because we find nothing about that area that offers anything that appeals to us that we can’t access north. Please know, I’m not a hater of the new areas, just someone who is very fond of the areas north and with zero interest in the areas south. I presume there are some who feel the same as us, just as I am sure there are others who strongly disagree. Let’s hear it.
Damn! So glad you posted this!! I probably couldn’t have survived without you doing so!😱😱🤯
Old 08-20-2023, 06:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

OP

you close your post by saying, “Let’s hear it.”
You have been on here long enough to know(or should have) that you were inviting just another bashing conversation. Most of what has been posted already is a rehash of many previous threads.
Hard to determine what your point of starting this thread?
Old 08-20-2023, 06:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,786 Times in 1,248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post

However, a couple days ago I talked with a woman into a new home on a circle south of Florida’s Turnpike. She and all her neighbors moved in over a period of just a few weeks, they are more likely to be younger and around the same age, and so they all became friends.

By contrast, I’ve moved into two established neighborhoods here, one complete in 1998 and one in 2012. The average age there is closer to eighty, and they. Already have their friends. That seems like a significant reason to buy in a brand new area.

This is why many chose to move to the newer areas. Posts like those supporting the OP validate their decision.
Old 08-20-2023, 06:39 AM

Exactly!!!
Old 08-20-2023, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Also, ot sure of the point of the post but to offer a different opinion, I live North near the Polo field (I love our home and neighborhood) and enjoy the variety down south, especially the beautiful nature trails.
Old 08-20-2023, 07:02 AM
Default Why

I had a wild guess that the land below 44, water, roads, swampy areas, just didn't work well for the concentration of golf courses and other amenities as above 44. OR the developer just got cheaper and wanted to make more money from houses and didn't care about the rest. I want a short cart drive to lots of golf and to shopping-restaurants so I went preowned above 44 when I moved back from Texas although I REALLY wanted to build another sycamore.

The developer is watching this and hears all the noise about below 44 I'm curious if he responds to bring it back in line with above 44 for golf, other activities, shopping and restaurants down there.

Like I said he is watching tell him want you really want down there.
Old 08-20-2023, 07:13 AM

I had a choice of moving anywhere in the villages when we moved here and after looking at most of the areas, south of 44 is the best for many reasons. Here are a couple but I can go on for pages:
) we have gas for heat and cooking
) Spanish springs homes are very dated
) average age is 20 years younger down south
) mp paths are so much better designed in the south. We don’t share the streets with golf carts as much as you do in the north
) separate bike/walking paths from golf cart path
) no traffic. Who wants to go to 441?
) new homes, new infrastructure, new golf courses, quiet, worth more
) in a couple of years, we will be the center of the villages

That’s not to say we like both Sumter and Brownwood squares, Spanish springs not so much.
Old 08-20-2023, 07:19 AM
Default Southerner

We live South of 44 and been here for a year and a half now, we enjoy all of The Villages the entire place, and all its amenities that is why we decided to move here. We play golf everywhere, visit all three Town Squares and have been to a lot of the recreation centers. We bought into the entire place not just the Southern portion and plan on continuing to enjoy it all because all Villagers are invested in the entire place not just a portion. We have met a lot of good people from all over The Villages playing golf and just getting out and we plan do so until the day comes, we can no longer physically do it. We are younger than many especially from the North so plan on seeing us everywhere in our Villages for a long time to come!
Too bad everyone doesn't see the glass half full as we do.
Closed Thread

Tags
south, area, areas, north, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.