South Lake Denham

Old 05-26-2024, 01:20 PM
Default South Lake Denham

First off, thanks for all the info on other post.
We are looking at fenced villas and veranda. The southern most part has a full neighborhood with fully fenced yards.

My question is, it's all by itself, no pools, restaurants, golf, or anything.

Does anyone know if they plan to put anymore amenities down there. It seems by golf cart, it's 20 minutes to eastport and 30 minutes to Brownwood?
Old 05-26-2024, 06:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPRICE1234 View Post
We are looking at fenced villas and veranda. The southern most part has a full neighborhood with fully fenced yards.

Does anyone know if they plan to put anymore amenities down there. It seems by golf cart, it's 20 minutes to eastport and 30 minutes to Brownwood?
The Developer is now focused on construction in the Eastport area. It will most likely be several years before he returns to that area.

Fenced in homes are being built in Eastport. The exact same models as Dabney and Lake Denham. The difference? Much more golfing and amenities are well under way in the Eastport area. Take a drive and compare the two areas.

Note: Fenced in Courtyard Villas are available as preowned slightly north of 44. You may find a bargain in that area along with far more golfing and amenities. The homes have much smaller bonds and lower taxes. The location is between Brownwood, Lake Sumter, and Sawgrass Grove. Easy access to Eastport by golf cart.

The older homes are pretty much the same floor plans as new. Preowned have larger back yards with smaller garages. You can add a pool, large mansard, or increase lanai size. Many yards are low maintenance. New models opposite: larger garages smaller yards. It appears most have grass lawns. Expanding in the back is not possible for the majority.

Last edited by Randall55; 05-26-2024 at 09:50 PM.
Old 05-26-2024, 07:56 PM
Veteran member

The Dabney pool is the adult pool for Lake Denham and Dabney. Other than that the golf being put in the Eastport area will be the closest. We have Sawgrass 10 minute cart ride for some entertainment and food.

It seems other things will eventually go in south of 470 but that may be a couple years off. Also a bridge over the turnpike at 470 is likely. But if you want 5 minute cart ride to a square you are probably better off buying a resale near a square, new house near Eastport, or the new section of Richmond, which is close to Brownwood, (not sure if they are building courtyard villas and verandas there).
Old 05-27-2024, 05:45 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

The best part about being that far south is you’re only 45 minutes from Orlando. I live by sawgrass and wish I lived in Dabney.( yes, I could sell and move, I’m aware) my guess is that area will be developed but who knows when.
Old 05-27-2024, 06:49 AM

You might check out the latest Don Wiley (gold wingnut) video on YouTube. They are already starting to build the infrastructure for more neighborhoods south of 470! It is astounding how fast they build. For now, Dunham seems remote but as time goes on it will have more and more things available.
Old 05-27-2024, 07:21 AM

I live in Lake Denham. From the Lake Denham gate off 470, there's restaurants and grocery stores 3 miles east on 470 at Lake Harris Square. Eastport will be 4 miles west. Sawgrass is 6 miles.

There's an adult pool at the Dabney postal station and a family pool at Franklin recreation center which is next to the Lake Denham postal station. There's Mickeylee pitch and putt there.

In the future, there should be retail and possibly a hospital across the road on 470. They are building lot of golf courses on the other side of the turnpike.

It takes me less than 30 minutes to get to Costco in Clermont.
Old 05-27-2024, 07:24 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,799 Times in 483 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
The Dabney pool is the adult pool for Lake Denham and Dabney. Other than that the golf being put in the Eastport area will be the closest. We have Sawgrass 10 minute cart ride for some entertainment and food.

It seems other things will eventually go in south of 470 but that may be a couple years off. Also a bridge over the turnpike at 470 is likely. But if you want 5 minute cart ride to a square you are probably better off buying a resale near a square, new house near Eastport, or the new section of Richmond, which is close to Brownwood, (not sure if they are building courtyard villas and verandas there).
The new part of Richmond will be designers and verandas. These homes will all sell out within hours, just like the northern part of Richmond did in the fall of 2022.
Old 05-27-2024, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,653 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote:

One good thought, squares are very important during lifestyle, and about first year. Then with each year you dwindle down to maybe once a quarter, then it’s because family is in. Even after 17 years our kids won’t go to the square.

We golf everywhere, traveling up to an hour to play even though we had 5 courses within 5 minutes. Courses south are in much better shape at this time.

We eat out maybe once a week, and it’s outside of TV. Kroger is our delivery to front door, no need to drive anywhere…You have better restaurants within minutes or go to Clermont for everything. Then again Disney Springs is 40 minutes.

Pools we built this last house to add a pool, not a fan of public pools, loud music, and everyone’s conversation.

One really needs to stay at least a few days to get what works.

No matter What works for anyone……May not work for you
Old 05-27-2024, 08:41 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,195 Times in 596 Posts
Default Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
The new part of Richmond will be designers and verandas. These homes will all sell out within hours, just like the northern part of Richmond did in the fall of 2022.
Saw the map a couple weeks back in county minutes. It’s all designer / veranda.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 05-27-2024, 10:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
The housing market is changing. It will be interesting to watch what happens.
Old 05-27-2024, 10:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall55 View Post
It is changing, but I agree that the new Richmond will go superfast. Already people waiting. I'd suggest getting in with a VLS agent quickly and letting them know what you want.
Old 05-27-2024, 10:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,653 Times in 1,365 Posts

Quote:
The list for Richmond East has been accumulating before dirt started moving. VLS agents have multiple names on multiple lots and spec even though no idea what model is built.

Then again everyone is also in line with the VLS agents buying investment properties
Old 05-27-2024, 11:16 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckylou152 View Post
You might check out the latest Don Wiley (gold wingnut) video on YouTube. They are already starting to build the infrastructure for more neighborhoods south of 470! It is astounding how fast they build. For now, Dunham seems remote but as time goes on it will have more and more things available.
People in Dabney are mostly younger retirees, many in their 50s, who are “forward-thinking”. I have several good friends who live in Newell/Lake Denham/Dabney, and they all love where they purchased, and I enjoy hanging out in those villages (so beautiful there!). They can get to Clermont (Costco, shopping, restaurants, etc) quicker than it takes to get up to Spanish Springs.

I remember reading posts here and watching you tube videos many years before I moved to TV when Fenney was being built. Read and watched so many Villagers who thought people were “crazy” that bought in Fenney. Now, Fenney is a much-sought -after village, and arguably one of the most scenic and picturesque villages. Those folks were looking forward to the future, when Fenney would be attached by golf cart trails to the rest of the community. And now with McNeil Drive and the cart paths open to Sawgrass, and Eastport coming on line within the next year, Fenney, becomes more and more desirable. Dabney/Lake Denham will be a great location as development both in and the near the “bubble” continues. Those folks are young and are patient.
Old 05-27-2024, 11:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
The list for Richmond East has been accumulating before dirt started moving. VLS agents have multiple names on multiple lots and spec even though no idea what model is built.

Then again everyone is also in line with the VLS agents buying investment properties
I suspect most will be bought by investors. That is the part I am wanting to watch. In the past, I flipped several Villages homes. Now, it seems EVERYONE wants in on the game. It was not like this in the past. IMO, too much competition is not a good thing. I'd rather watch from the sidelines.

Last edited by Randall55; 05-27-2024 at 11:34 AM.
Old 05-27-2024, 11:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I suspect most will be bought by investors. That is the part I am wanting to watch. In the past, I flipped several Villages homes. Now, it seems EVERYONE wants in on the game. It was not like this in the past. IMO, too much competition is not a good thing. I'd rather watch from the sidelines.
I suspect you may be correct - investors will probably be the bulk of those who snatch up Richmond East.

Tags
golf, fenced, minutes, pools, restaurants

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.