South Villages Dusty

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2021, 12:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homer49 View Post
fwiw: Milorganite is actually a byproduct of municipal waste treatment plants that makes a great fertilizer - not human waste per se, but it does have an initial odor.

"Milorganite is composed of heat-dried microbes that have digested the organic material in wastewater. It's manufactured by the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District, which captures waste water from the metropolitan Milwaukee area and uses naturally occurring microbes to digest the nutrients. After the organic matter has been consumed, the cleaned water is returned to Lake Michigan and the resulting material is dried and marketed as Milorganite."
Great, informative post. Kudos!
Old 02-28-2021, 01:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankygrl View Post
It’s outside of TV so no restrictions and you’re right it stinks. I can mell it in Lake Deaton.
that MIGHT be the new water treatment plant they put up last year or so. past couple of days it's been ripe here, but only @ certain times., usually around or after 3pm. soon after it's gone
Old 02-28-2021, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Maybe related, Maybe not.....................What is the big nasty smell by Big Cypress Rec Center?? Last few days. Right behind BC, there are non-Villages homes and they have done a lot of open burning over the years. Not sure if the smell is coming from there. Smells like rotting bodies. Anyone know??
Have you ever driven back in behind Big Cypress rec center you enter off of Powell road. It is the most disgusting thing you've ever seen. I can't believe people have to live in that squalor. They literally have garbage trash stacked to the point of no return to their trailer houses. There is barely a visible path to these houses some don't have Windows doors it is unbelievable that the health department doesn't condemn this whole area
Old 02-28-2021, 02:24 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I have a dark-painted car and I often see lots of large size yellow pollen on it. That pollen MAY (?) be too large to affect human lungs? I am not a Physician so I am just posing that question. Maybe we-all should wear masks all through the Spring and Summer? My lungs seem to function less well in the summer. I am probably more allergic than most. But, be wary because allergies seem to increase with age.
I had bad pollen allergies starting when I was around 5 years old, so bad my eyes would swell almost completely closed and I could hardly breath. I was given what was available back in the very early 50's to help but what they gave me usually made me very tired. As time went on I used over the counter meds such as Contact which worked very well. As I got older the symptoms gradually disappeared and now at 74 pollen does not bother me, I haven't taken meds for it in years so it doesn't always get worse when you get older.
Old 02-28-2021, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Maybe related, Maybe not.....................What is the big nasty smell by Big Cypress Rec Center?? Last few days. Right behind BC, there are non-Villages homes and they have done a lot of open burning over the years. Not sure if the smell is coming from there. Smells like rotting
bodies. Anyone know??
Anyone seen Johnny?🧐
Old 02-28-2021, 03:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
I had bad pollen allergies starting when I was around 5 years old, so bad my eyes would swell almost completely closed and I could hardly breath. I was given what was available back in the very early 50's to help but what they gave me usually made me very tired. As time went on I used over the counter meds such as Contact which worked very well. As I got older the symptoms gradually disappeared and now at 74 pollen does not bother me, I haven't taken meds for it in years so it doesn't always get worse when you get older.
Thanks, children tend to have allergies. As to older retired people, I wonder if there is a pattern? Maybe people move south as they retire and run into MORE pollen and DEVELOP pollen allergies? I have heard that people are having more immune system problems and that may (?) be related to our aging population?
Old 02-28-2021, 03:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
Like so many things in life, you can choose not to go. We did not go.

It is choice. I look at my garden and see flowers, fruit etc. Other see only weeds.
How could you choose not to go if you didn't know there was dirt and dust there before you went? Not everyone making a negative comment is coming from a glass-half-empty frame of mind.
Old 03-01-2021, 05:51 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
I was at the Strawberry Festival last night which was excellent! If we have a Super spreader event this would be it! We wore masks just to stop the nasty dusty air from entering our old fragile lungs! It seems that the new construction has created some sort of Dust Cloud over the South End of Town! The cars were covered in dust and not pollen! Definitely carries a strange odor down there!
Super spreader event? I love that ridiculous terminology, as though you can hide from a virus. Sooner or later everyone in this country will be exposed to this virus, just like you are the cold virus or the flu virus. Except in this case the media and other supposed Government experts, have turned otherwise intelligent people into bumbling idiots with their faces covered maybe for the rest of their lives?
Old 03-01-2021, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
Super spreader event? I love that ridiculous terminology, as though you can hide from a virus. Sooner or later everyone in this country will be exposed to this virus, just like you are the cold virus or the flu virus. Except in this case the media and other supposed Government experts, have turned otherwise intelligent people into bumbling idiots with their faces covered maybe for the rest of their lives?
Yeah we’ve heard that a hundred times this past year about anything with a crowd held here at TVs and nothing has become of their hysteria...but you know they still love throwing it out there....Like them following the science...haha
Old 03-01-2021, 06:50 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.R.I.T.S. View Post
There's a water treatment plant next to Bonifay CC. Could be that.
Thanks, but it's right next to Big Cypress & the two starter shacks.....doesn't go too far.
Old 03-01-2021, 06:52 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator View Post
Have you ever driven back in behind Big Cypress rec center you enter off of Powell road. It is the most disgusting thing you've ever seen. I can't believe people have to live in that squalor. They literally have garbage trash stacked to the point of no return to their trailer houses. There is barely a visible path to these houses some don't have Windows doors it is unbelievable that the health department doesn't condemn this whole area
Where are the ladies with the boards??
Old 03-01-2021, 07:04 AM

What happens in the south wind.
Old 03-01-2021, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I go to Brownwood a few times a week for MVP. If you wanted to see dust, you should have been in the south area in 2017 when they excavating Trailwinds Commercial Park 165 acres of land. That was farm land before and for months they removed all the trees except in the very back and leveled the ground and turned over every blade of grass until it was one huge dirt site. Installed sewage, street lights, curbs and streets, it was probably a 9 month project and I drove 466A west almost every day and that a dust cloud for sure.

Those who lived directly behind in St. James and Tamarind Grove and across 466A in Pinellas suffered the worse. I'm a 1/2 mile away and I couldn't keep my car clean all that time. I couldn't wait until that was done and Lowes opened. The home in the right corner are in St. James.

Wildwood Rising - Lake & Sumter STYLE

The Villages Florida
I feel bad for my neighbor(s), whose backyards back up to Lowes, and now the new apartment complex being built. The CONSTANT noise of nail guns for 10hrs a day?! We can hear it from our front stoop, and we're down the street. I can't imagine having that right outside your house?! Good times!
Old 03-01-2021, 11:13 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EviesGP View Post
I feel bad for my neighbor(s), whose backyards back up to Lowes, and now the new apartment complex being built. The CONSTANT noise of nail guns for 10hrs a day?! We can hear it from our front stoop, and we're down the street. I can't imagine having that right outside your house?! Good times!
If TV was building over there all of the homes would have been completed by now. They have started and completed at least 6 villages since that began.
Old 03-01-2021, 12:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
I disagree with every sentence there. I find that "super spreader event" to be a nice descriptive terminology for an event (often in Fl.) where people ignore social distance and ignore mask-wearing. Many fine productive American citizens have died from contracting CV at such an event, like the one held yesterday. And those attending such an event may have KILLED themselves and, who knows how many others. That those unrealistic attitudes are WRONG can be proven by the world statistics where the US has the most (# 1) CV infection and has had the worst response to the CV Pandemic. There PROVEN wrong! The other sentence about CV being comparable to the flu and colds is a laughable comparison - it's like comparing a monster truck to a go-cart or a bicycle.
Closed Thread

Tags
south, dusty, dust, sort, cloud

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.