Speeders

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2017, 06:34 AM
Eternal Member

I have seen many similar threads regarding speeding by contractors and regular drivers.

Then, when speed enforcement does begin, there are threads started about being caught for exceeding the speed limits and Villages being a "cash cow" for the police.

There was even a thread by a Villager who got his own radar gun and would write down plate numbers of speeders and notify the police.

You can't make everyone happy.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:46 AM
Gold member

I wish the sheriff would consider TV to be a cash cow and place a radar unit on Morse Blvd. several hours a day, every day. The speeding is really out of control where I live north of 466, and seldom do we see a sheriff's car anymore. I'm betting there will be a golf cart fatality soon, as the speeders can't seem to keep their right wheels out of the cart lanes on Morse. I continually see speeders traveling at 50 in the 30 zone, who drive right up to the bumper of the car in front of them doing 30, then they hit their brakes. Idiots.
Old 05-25-2017, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
I think they should put some speed bumps there about every 5 or 10 feet, that will slow them down.
But slow up the ambulances, fire marshal, and fire trucks too. Fire marshal - Wikipedia
Old 05-25-2017, 03:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBaron View Post
Who would we write to about the workers who are speeding through our area? Also, isn't there a time before which they can't begin working? I walk my dog every morning at 5:30 and this a.m., the workers were already out with their bright spot lights and loud digging equipment behind this beautiful home near me, working away. I felt so bad for the homeowner.
The law enforcement agencies can control the speeding of the workers just as they can residents. But, you have to make a complaint.

If you feel the contractors are beginning work inordinately early, perhaps the Developer, who has the work being done, can limit their starting time. Construction work in Florida traditionally begins around 7AM.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57ChevyFI View Post
Sheriff Buford T. Justice would be my first option.
Second would be Barney Fife.
Old 05-25-2017, 03:58 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,344 Times in 1,449 Posts

I saw three cars pulled over by police on Morse this week so they are out there. I also saw someone driving his unlicensed golf car south of 466A on Morse (not on the cart path) while talking on his phone. I also have noticed there are just as many really slow drivers as there are those that go really fast. I do agree that the workers trucks seem to speed from job to job and don't yield at the round a bouts. I set my cruise at whatever the speed limit is and rarely have anyone on my bumper, more often I have to turn it off for very slow drivers.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:23 PM
Sage

I nearly got cut off by a lady in a red porsche today at the round-about on Canal St. near TooJay's at LSL. She seemed to be in a great hurry but got "stopped" in traffic at the roundabout at BV. Saw a guy going FAST on Morse/south and made a very fast left hand turn from the straight left lane going south at 466a. He turned in front of traffic as well as the person legally in the left turning lane. Some day Karma will (or might) be their lot in life.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:14 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
Yes -- speed bumps will slow you down
However, worse than that, they wreck your car, even at a slow speed.

Boo-Boo, Hiss-Hiss to speed bumps!
What is your suggestion ? This was kind of tongue in cheek. Most people want speed controlled but don't want speed bumps in their neighborhoods.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
What is your suggestion ? This was kind of tongue in cheek. Most people want speed controlled but don't want speed bumps in their neighborhoods.
The problem with speed bumps is the fact that they are so darned inconvenient...and make you slow down to go over them!

Oh wait.....

Old 05-26-2017, 03:57 PM

Where in the country does everyone come from where no one speeds? Why do you expect no speeding in the villages?
Old 05-26-2017, 04:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,914 Times in 4,142 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
I wish the sheriff would consider TV to be a cash cow and place a radar unit on Morse Blvd. several hours a day, every day. The speeding is really out of control where I live north of 466, and seldom do we see a sheriff's car anymore. I'm betting there will be a golf cart fatality soon, as the speeders can't seem to keep their right wheels out of the cart lanes on Morse. I continually see speeders traveling at 50 in the 30 zone, who drive right up to the bumper of the car in front of them doing 30, then they hit their brakes. Idiots.
I agree in principle, but it is also all relative. When driving a cart on Morse, I'd much rather have an attentive 30 year old coming up from behind at 45 mph than a 95 year old going 20. Or worse yet, a 60 year old who has been attending "happy hour" for the last 8 hours, at any speed.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:02 PM

How do you know they are speeding? If the police wanted to stop it, they will. If you are in danger that is a different story, but if not, best to mind own business and let the professionals do their job. Have trust, if they are that bad, they would have so much points on their license that it would revoked. You don't know the situations.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjasc1411 View Post
They speed from the gate coming into the property and speed to the gate while exiting. Would sure like some reasonable suggestions.
My suggestion is to accept other people as they are and learn to deal with it.

I am a slow driver and never exceed the speed limit. I just cruise along at a comfortable pace and let the faster drivers do whatever they want to do.

People who exceed the speed limit never cause me any problems and I do not understand how they cause a problem for you.
Old 05-27-2017, 04:52 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirknor View Post
Where in the country does everyone come from where no one speeds? Why do you expect no speeding in the villages?
Old 05-27-2017, 06:26 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirknor View Post
BINGO!! We have the winner here folks.

There is little you can do to stop habitual speeders.
Closed Thread

Tags
pinellas, gate, vehicles, speed, basis

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.