Spiders, HELP

Old 04-15-2024, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondboy View Post
I’m wondering where you’re getting your spiders.

If it’s in the house, then there’s a way they’re getting in….and you should find it and seal it up. Are you leaving door / windows open ?

If your spiders are in the garage or the Lanai, and you’re using those inhumane sticky traps, then get rid of the traps. The Anoles will take care of the bugs in those areas better than the traps. But you can’t kill the Anoles.

Are you leaving all your outdoor light on? That’s a magnet for insects which means the spiders are having a feast and all of them are swarming to your house. Turn off the outdoor lights…or at least put them on a timer for an hour or two.

Stop with all those bug sprays. If it kills bugs for weeks on end, have you ever wondered what it does to you ?
I don’t have any in the lanai and I don’t see any on the outside of the house. I didn’t see any for the first month and I don’t have any bugs inside , living in Florida. You know what to look for. the one thing I didn’t do, I sprayed the windows Every month that Massey didn’t come, but I didn’t think of doing at the bottom where that cement is I’m gonna try that and call Massey. I don’t keep my windows open because of this problem and there are no spiderwebs on my eaves or inside my house. I keep it pretty spotless in here. I have a simple philosophy. I don’t kill anything outside and I think sticky traps are cruel, but if you come in my house, you’re gonna die. I think treating the attic is going to work. I’ve sprayed behind the pocket doors, but let’s face it. It’s just an open area.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princeton View Post
I need help with spiders. I moved into my new home the end of January in Dabney. I have a big problem with spiders. I kill at least two a day. I have a bug service and they’re not fixing the problem. This is very serious since I am terrified of spiders. I’ve lived in Florida for 25 years so I know about
all kinds of bugs down here, I’ve never had a situation like this. I am at the point where I’m going to sell my house, at a loss, just get out of here and I am not a rich retiree. PLEASE, PLEASE help.
Thanks everyone for all your great ideas. I’m gonna try several of these.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:43 AM
Default Stop killing the spiders - they eat THE nasty bugs

Quote:
I need help with spiders. I moved into my new home the end of January in Dabney. I have a big problem with spiders. I kill at least two a day. I have a bug service and they’re not fixing the problem. This is very serious since I am terrified of spiders. I’ve lived in Florida for 25 years so I know about
all kinds of bugs down here, I’ve never had a situation like this. I am at the point where I’m going to sell my house, at a loss, just get out of here and I am not a rich retiree. PLEASE, PLEASE help.
Stop killing the spiders - they eat THE nasty bugs
Old 04-15-2024, 10:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,035 Times in 1,751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRACEALLEMAN View Post
Stop killing the spiders - they eat THE nasty bugs
Yes, bugs too. Ain’t nothing moving in my house if they don’t pay property tax… (I have no pets at this time).
Old 04-15-2024, 02:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,539 Times in 3,115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
excellent reply. i too, hate spiders & use Orkin. i signed a contract, they come out every 4- 6 weeks or so, check the house & property, & spray again. i've been using them for sometime, & do a great job-haven't seen a spider since!
I like spiders. As long as they're not crawling on me, or inside my house. And even if they're in my house - if they're the mexican jumping spiders, I don't mind them at all, and I let them entertain me by being so colorful and pretty and bopping around the kitchen counter. Haven't seen any of those here in Florida but one of them hitched a ride on my arm when I was driving from CT to NYC one day. I noticed it after I'd gotten as far as Stamford so I just let it be.

The bigger spiders, are not invited into my house, so they will either be squished, or moved outside on a piece of cardboard. Depends on what they look like. When I'm gardening I always apologize to them if I have to disturb their webs and try to work around them when possible. They work hard to make those things!
Old 04-15-2024, 04:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,953 Times in 2,464 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I wonder what the "spraying at night" does to human lungs?

Been here decade have never seen or smelled them spraying. Has anyone seen this?
Old 04-15-2024, 04:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,953 Times in 2,464 Posts

IMO for immediate action and results bug bombs immediate relief taking 4 hours.
Old 04-17-2024, 02:57 PM

Quote:
I also suffer from Arachnophobia. We have Zoysia Green 352-323-8454 treat the outside on a regular schedule and had pine straw for 9 years and I can honestly say I have seen fewer than 12 spiders in 10 years. Our house is poured concrete, so that might make the difference. Good luck!
Old 04-19-2024, 01:27 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Thanks everyone for all your great ideas. I’m gonna try several of these.
Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Tags
spiders, i’ve, problem, kinds, bugs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.