Spiders, HELP

Old 04-14-2024, 07:14 AM

Buy what the professional bug guys use. They told me they use Tempo SC ultra. You can buy it on Amazon for about 50$. I’ve been using it for years. Great stuff. Stop buying the home defense stuff. You can make several gallons of Temp SC and spray everything. Doesn’t stain and is an awesome product. You will not need to pay a lot of money to those other guys.
Old 04-14-2024, 07:22 AM
Default Bifen

I use Bifen at our NC home. It's actually a termicide for termites but will kill any critter around. Mix 1 to 2 oz with a gallon of water and spray the perimeter of your house outside about a foot or two wide. Wouldn't hurt to do inside around the edge of the garage also. I have never used it inside the house. I have also heard that new construction homes have more spiders for the first year due to all the costruction disturbing the natural habitat for them.
I would bet it will settle down over time. Good luck.
Old 04-14-2024, 07:25 AM

I hired Fertigator about a year ago for weeds, pest control, etc. Call them before you take drastic action with your home or move.
Old 04-14-2024, 07:27 AM
Default Spiders

The first year in a new development the bug problem is bad for mosquitoes and spiders until the spraying at night gets them under control. You got to remember that that was land that was solid bugs before they Built on it. Once they get the Mosquito population under control the spider will leave because they won’t have anything to eat. Just be patient. Wipe down the eaves of your house. That’s where the spiders like to build their nests.
Old 04-14-2024, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princeton View Post
I have Massey, I think I’m gonna try to get rid of all this pine straw and put stones down. And maybe see if they can spray my attic with something. I think they’re coming in through the pocket doors because those pocket doors lead right into the frame of your house.
I’ve had pine straw for 20 years and have never had a problem with spiders. Spiders crawl on stones, too. Killing the indoor bugs will eventually relegate the spiders to the exterior…don’t kill them outside. I’m terrified of them but love having them. Outside.
Old 04-14-2024, 07:59 AM
Default Suggestion

[We had some 3 years ago. Since using GreenSmiths we've had none.

=Princeton;2321364]I need help with spiders. I moved into my new home the end of January in Dabney. I have a big problem with spiders. I kill at least two a day. I have a bug service and they’re not fixing the problem. This is very serious since I am terrified of spiders. I’ve lived in Florida for 25 years so I know about
all kinds of bugs down here, I’ve never had a situation like this. I am at the point where I’m going to sell my house, at a loss, just get out of here and I am not a rich retiree. PLEASE, PLEASE help.[/QUOTE]
Old 04-14-2024, 08:06 AM

You have my deepest sympathy. I too am an arachnophobe. My husband sprayed the perimeter of our house paying special attention to windows, doorways, thresholds, lanai and garage. Our house was new construction as well. I only saw two spiders in three years. If do-it-yourself spraying is not an option fire your current company and find another. Best of luck.
Old 04-14-2024, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoWhiskers View Post
OP REALLY REALLY TERRIFIED NOW.

I had bugs in my new home in DeLuna and evidence of bugs in 2nd home. I spray Termodor SC outside of the home on eves and base every 6 months. Never have bugs. I also do a line across the inside of the garage door opening and any other "ways in"

Directions say DO NOT use it inside the home (but I do spray behind my washer and dryer and stove and fridge at base boards. Any areas that humans and pets do not go. That's just me and Ive been using it for years that way)

Works great. I also sprayed in attic where I can spray from ladder toward eves with pump sprayer. No bugs!
I do something similar. I alternate with termidor SC and Talspar P every 4 months. I spray 4 feet up and 4 feet out around the exterior of the house, around the windows and doors, and hit the soffits that I can reach from the ground.

Termidor has a delayed reaction so it gets brought back to a nest (good for termites, ants, etc.) Talspar kills soon after contact.

I don't have any issues with bugs.

I have never had good results with Ortho home defense and other store-bought stuff.
Old 04-14-2024, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeda View Post
I too am terrified of spiders - and bugs. For years we have had plugin Riddux devices several places inside our home. They emit an electronic signal that humans don't notice, but that critters can't tolerate, so they stay away. My husband also sprays around the perimeter of the house; I don't know the product but I'll ask him and update here. He doesn't spray inside the house. We haven't seen a bug or spider in the house or garage for years; nor did we at a previous home where we used these devices.
Do you think this device would work with the little flying gnats that are abundant right now? At least in our area.
Old 04-14-2024, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,958 Times in 2,466 Posts

Quote:
I need help with spiders. I moved into my new home the end of January in Dabney. I have a big problem with spiders. I kill at least two a day. I have a bug service and they’re not fixing the problem. This is very serious since I am terrified of spiders. I’ve lived in Florida for 25 years so I know about
all kinds of bugs down here, I’ve never had a situation like this. I am at the point where I’m going to sell my house, at a loss, just get out of here and I am not a rich retiree. PLEASE, PLEASE help.

Buy you six pack bug bombs. Read instructions follow them. Bug bombs will kill anything that suck in air. I even bug bomb my attic, some spiders are wondering spiders and only come out at night, they don’t make webs.
Old 04-14-2024, 12:00 PM

We have Deans. They do a great job. Any time we find something inside they come right out and take care of it. Very responsive providers.
Old 04-14-2024, 01:16 PM

I’m wondering where you’re getting your spiders.

If it’s in the house, then there’s a way they’re getting in….and you should find it and seal it up. Are you leaving door / windows open ?

If your spiders are in the garage or the Lanai, and you’re using those inhumane sticky traps, then get rid of the traps. The Anoles will take care of the bugs in those areas better than the traps. But you can’t kill the Anoles.

Are you leaving all your outdoor light on? That’s a magnet for insects which means the spiders are having a feast and all of them are swarming to your house. Turn off the outdoor lights…or at least put them on a timer for an hour or two.

Stop with all those bug sprays. If it kills bugs for weeks on end, have you ever wondered what it does to you ?

Last edited by Pondboy; 04-14-2024 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-14-2024, 01:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,529 Posts

Quote:
I have Massey, I think I’m gonna try to get rid of all this pine straw and put stones down. And maybe see if they can spray my attic with something. I think they’re coming in through the pocket doors because those pocket doors lead right into the frame of your house.
I think that is a GOOD idea to go with white stones outside and forget the pine straw. The herds of white birds and small songbirds will be able to spot the spiders better in stones than in mulch.Also any spider eggs would do better in mulch. Speaking of birds - a bird feeder in both front and back yard could help.
I would also think that what I call "chameleons" (I know they have some other name , but I like the word - chameleons) would love to eat spiders. They are EVERYWHERE in my yard. So, if for some unknown reason, you do NOT have many........maybe you could get info from some state expert.
Old 04-14-2024, 01:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,911 Times in 1,529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsritchey View Post
The first year in a new development the bug problem is bad for mosquitoes and spiders until the spraying at night gets them under control. You got to remember that that was land that was solid bugs before they Built on it. Once they get the Mosquito population under control the spider will leave because they won’t have anything to eat. Just be patient. Wipe down the eaves of your house. That’s where the spiders like to build their nests.
I wonder what the "spraying at night" does to human lungs?
Old 04-14-2024, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeda View Post
I too am terrified of spiders - and bugs. For years we have had plugin Riddux devices several places inside our home. They emit an electronic signal that humans don't notice, but that critters can't tolerate, so they stay away. My husband also sprays around the perimeter of the house; I don't know the product but I'll ask him and update here. He doesn't spray inside the house. We haven't seen a bug or spider in the house or garage for years; nor did we at a previous home where we used these devices.
We also use the electronic devices around inside our home and have never seen a bug inside our house in the now four years since we moved here. Dean's may spray for bug outside perimeter of home but inside I will never use anything due to poisons. I have used the electronic devices since moving to Texas in 1995! In our home and my husbands small warehouse office. Used there first for roaches and the effect was amazing.....used ever since.

Tags
spiders, i’ve, problem, kinds, bugs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.