Spiders, HELP

Old 04-14-2024, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,958 Times in 2,466 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondboy View Post
I’m wondering where you’re getting your spiders.

If it’s in the house, then there’s a way they’re getting in….and you should find it and seal it up. Are you leaving door / windows open ?

If your spiders are in the garage or the Lanai, and you’re using those inhumane sticky traps, then get rid of the traps. The Anoles will take care of the bugs in those areas better than the traps. But you can’t kill the Anoles.

Are you leaving all your outdoor light on? That’s a magnet for insects which means the spiders are having a feast and all of them are swarming to your house. Turn off the outdoor lights…or at least put them on a timer for an hour or two.

Stop with all those bug sprays. If it kills bugs for weeks on end, have you ever wondered what it does to you ?
Probably came in during the build?
Old 04-14-2024, 05:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,958 Times in 2,466 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoWhiskers View Post
OP REALLY REALLY TERRIFIED NOW.

I had bugs in my new home in DeLuna and evidence of bugs in 2nd home. I spray Termodor SC outside of the home on eves and base every 6 months. Never have bugs. I also do a line across the inside of the garage door opening and any other "ways in"

Directions say DO NOT use it inside the home (but I do spray behind my washer and dryer and stove and fridge at base boards. Any areas that humans and pets do not go. That's just me and Ive been using it for myears that way)

Works great. I also sprayed in attic where I can spray from ladder toward eves with pump sprayer. No bugs!
Just be glad not red widow I read where they are most poisonous spider in USA and they are in central Florida. There also brown widows.
Old 04-14-2024, 06:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I wonder what the "spraying at night" does to human lungs?
Well, for one thing it keeps mosquitoes out of them...

-Tom Petty
Old 04-14-2024, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princeton View Post
I need help with spiders. I moved into my new home the end of January in Dabney. I have a big problem with spiders. I kill at least two a day. I have a bug service and they’re not fixing the problem. This is very serious since I am terrified of spiders. I’ve lived in Florida for 25 years so I know about
all kinds of bugs down here, I’ve never had a situation like this. I am at the point where I’m going to sell my house, at a loss, just get out of here and I am not a rich retiree. PLEASE, PLEASE help.
The first few months after I first moved in I saw 1 brown widow in my garage and I had 1 which became 3 setting up web traps in my front hallway. Ever since I hired Arrow Exterminators I never saw spiders again. Those guys are good I've had 0 bugs in my house. They spray the ground around the house and lay 2 traps in the garage and come by every 3 months.
Old 04-14-2024, 08:39 PM
Veteran member

As others have suggested, spray the perimeter of your home with a professional spray designed to kill spiders. The cost is around $22. Much cheaper than selling your home for a loss.
Old 04-14-2024, 09:54 PM

We're also in Dabney, back up to preserve, use Dean's and have no bug issues. In TX, we used Home Defense around the house for spiders, etc., scorpions can drink it without issue it appeared ;-). In our TX house we used the box glue traps behind doors, in corners behind furniture, etc. They catch everything and bugs frequently run the walls, which means they'll transit the corners and hit the glue traps.
Old 04-15-2024, 05:46 AM

Arrow exterminator- they solved our ant problem in two visits. They know what they are doing
Old 04-15-2024, 05:59 AM

Quote:
I need help with spiders. I moved into my new home the end of January in Dabney. I have a big problem with spiders. I kill at least two a day. I have a bug service and they’re not fixing the problem. This is very serious since I am terrified of spiders. I’ve lived in Florida for 25 years so I know about
all kinds of bugs down here, I’ve never had a situation like this. I am at the point where I’m going to sell my house, at a loss, just get out of here and I am not a rich retiree. PLEASE, PLEASE help.
spring time crawlers, newly developed Village area/ground /farmland/infested / wish I knew of a fix /besides spraying the yard/inside of home.
Old 04-15-2024, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switter View Post
I do something similar. I alternate with termidor SC and Talspar P every 4 months. I spray 4 feet up and 4 feet out around the exterior of the house, around the windows and doors, and hit the soffits that I can reach from the ground.

Termidor has a delayed reaction so it gets brought back to a nest (good for termites, ants, etc.) Talspar kills soon after contact.

I don't have any issues with bugs.

I have never had good results with Ortho home defense and other store-bought stuff.
The quoted post above is excellent advice.
To add to it, also spray around all external light fixtures.
I also use Bifen from domyown(dot)com here: Bifen IT | Bifenthrin 7.9% Insecticide | Fast, Free Shipping
These are all commercial level treatments. They are what you pay a lot of money for the hired guys to spray. They have a residual property - they keep acting long after sprayed.
Also they are effective against a lot of other bugs.
Old 04-15-2024, 07:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I have Massey, I think I’m gonna try to get rid of all this pine straw and put stones down. And maybe see if they can spray my attic with something. I think they’re coming in through the pocket doors because those pocket doors lead right into the frame of your house.
almost -

Get rid of the Pine straw, do NOT put stones down, put cypress mulch down a few inches thick with weed barrier underneath it. lots of cretters do no like the cypress mulch. do NOT use a 'main line' provider like Massey or Deans. Find a mom and pop or better. I'm using Green smith and they have been great. Also go around outside and spray your window inside edge (where it meets the stucco) with WD40.
Old 04-15-2024, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
If you have a lot of spiders, then you have a lot of other bugs. Spiders go where they can get food. You might want to invest in an exterminator to completely fumigate your house and garage - which means you'll need to cover your dishes and eating utensils and stay at a hotel for a few days.

Once all the OTHER bugs are dead, you'll stop seeing so many spiders. At that point, just maintain good pest control.
excellent reply. i too, hate spiders & use Orkin. i signed a contract, they come out every 4- 6 weeks or so, check the house & property, & spray again. i've been using them for sometime, & do a great job-haven't seen a spider since!
Old 04-15-2024, 08:03 AM
Default Spiders

Put glue traps down and some under dressers that you can access. This should show where they come from and document how many. Call the warranty department maybe they can do something. I have had great luck with them. They can contact the builder and he can come out and meet with you.
Old 04-15-2024, 08:05 AM

We use Tempo SC. We discovered it in Minnesota. It is safe to use indoors. My husband sprays the inside and outside perimeter of our homes. He sprays around the dock and our boat on the Mississippi. No spiders - ever.
Old 04-15-2024, 08:17 AM
Default Spiders

Quote:
Get rid of pine straw as spiders love it. Deans got rid of our spiders and we replaced pine straw with stones then no more spiders.
Old 04-15-2024, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Don't forget about that storage crawl space over your garage.

Also. My cat eats anything that moves. You may want one

Tags
spiders, i’ve, problem, kinds, bugs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.