Sprinklers damaged by construction traffic

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2016, 06:17 AM
Default Sprinklers damaged by construction traffic

We have had new construction going on across the street from our house for two months. Four houses are being built there. When we moved in, I installed irrigation donuts around all my sprinkler heads. The five along the street have been driven over four times. Yesterday, I noticed a tire track, the width of a truck tire, going the width of my yard along the street. Due to trucks parking in front of the houses across from us, that leaves one lane for traffic going by. There still should be enough room to pass without driving in my yard.

Once again three of the five donuts had been smashed into the ground to the level of the street. Two of the sprinkler heads were completely covered with dirt. After resetting the donuts and uncovering the sprinkler heads, I turned on zone one to check the sprinklers' function. One rotator would not rotate and seemed to leak water. Another one took a long time before it started to rotate and did not rotate smoothly.

I am planning to call the warranty department to report this and to hopefully get the building contractor to pay for a sprinkler inspection and to pay for any needed repairs. Is there someone else I should contact? I did not see the vehicle drive over my yard, so I do not know exactly who did it.
Old 10-13-2016, 08:30 AM
Eternal Member

Your idea of calling the warranty dept is probably the best idea.

Things like this happen when moving into new construction zones. Tires get punctured by nails, dirt blowing around, construction noise, etc.

Those are some reasons I always advise the best place to buy is a resale home in an established neighborhood.

Other reasons include a lower or no bond, no surprises at what might be built next to you, and established landscaping.

Best of luck to you.
Closed Thread

Tags
sprinkler, street, heads, donuts, rotate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.