Sprouts ?

Old 03-18-2024, 05:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We stop weekly, right after fresh market baking on site, (best pies for $5-7) if one needs a quick sandwich on homemade bread.

Those who need to shop for special dietary items it’s the only place to do one stop shopping.

We buy ready to bake, Or skillet dinners with vegetables and all the seasonings 2-3 times a week. Depending on what you like dinner for two can be $8-$15 sometimes with leftovers for lunch. Their shrimp fajitas and salmon dinners are very good. Meatloaf dinner is not as good as moms but better than mine. Fresh meatballs ready for sauce are excellent

All meals come in a microwave or oven ready container.

Zero parking spots early morning when we shop. Mid to late day parking not a problem.

If cost for groceries, is a concern than we need to revamp our budget.

Hard to bash a business is one has never stepped foot in the door, but then again it’s a hobby for some

Last edited by asianthree; 03-18-2024 at 06:34 AM.
Old 03-18-2024, 06:01 AM
Default Sprouts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
It's worth the trip, but you better hurry. I predict that the store will close because they have very few customers. Charging 10 cents for a plastic bag turns me off, but I am easily turned off by environmental wackos. One good thing is that you can buy a lot of ready-to-eat items. Another plus is that there is a Jersey Mike's sub shop nearby.
I agree, I enjoyed the alternative to Fresh Market and was spending about $75-100 a week on produce and specialty items. Once they started charging $.10 a bag, haven’t been back.
Old 03-18-2024, 06:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcammel View Post
I agree, I enjoyed the alternative to Fresh Market and was spending about $75-100 a week on produce and specialty items. Once they started charging $.10 a bag, haven’t been back.
My guess is you don’t shop at Sam’s, BJs, Costco or Aldi, who have never had free bags.

We always take our own bags to all grocery stores. Not a fan of plastic bags so thin they rip open. But then again I don’t shop at Aldi because bags aren’t free, I just don’t like their products.

I will say I did buy one bag at sprouts and it rivals a couple of my reusable bags, sturdy and handles that don’t rip off
Old 03-18-2024, 06:29 AM

We have tried to give this store a chance. Some good produce and specialty goods not found in some other stores, but very expensive, especially compared to items you can find at Winn-Dixie. The produce section does not seem to be culled as often as other local groceries. Watch out for frequent molded or rotten items. Also we often find that sale prices posted on the shelves do not register at checkout, and due to limited number of staff when the cashier sends another employee for a price check it can seem to take forever. The parking and bag situations are aggravating but not a deal breaker. Given the nearby competition, I'm afraid this store is not likely to make it financially.
Old 03-18-2024, 06:29 AM

Not worth the price, especially for produce. Limited selection. Nice people though
Old 03-18-2024, 06:37 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,640 Times in 444 Posts

I'm thankful we have a Sprouts. Not the same as Whole Foods, but a decent alternative to find specialty items that are unavailable at Publix or Winn Dixie. I regularly shop Publix, Fresh Market and Sprouts. It's great to have grocery options.
Old 03-18-2024, 06:46 AM
Veteran member

Better than Safeway?

Grocery store worker caught on video committing lewd acts on food
Old 03-18-2024, 07:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by N44125 View Post
I know that Sprouts has been open for awhile, but I haven’t shopped there yet. Anyone have an opinion on it? Worth the trip?

Thanks
Good for some items. My wife likes the bulk spices and IMO they are the only place in TV that we've found so far that sells Polish sausage that is pretty close to the real thing. Pomelos too: much better quality at about 1/2 the price of Publix, and many stores don't sell them at all. Also Thai cooking is heavy on mushrooms and Sprouts has a good variety.

Overall pricing seems pretty high though, and like some who post here I am turned of by the $.10 per plastic bag that they charge.
Old 03-18-2024, 07:23 AM

I like Sprouts, but honestly shop there only once every few months and buy just the few things I enjoy but can't fine anywhere else. There pricing is quite high.
Old 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Sage

IF one has a food sensitivity, is gluten, this store is a great option as they carry items others don't carry. Groceries are expensive ALL over! Do you shop Publix?? Even "discount" ones such as Walmart are ridiculous. I wish Sprouts well. As for bags---others on this link have stated that it's no different than Aldi or Sam's and probably BJ's. You all should realize that Sprouts is more of a "specialty" store and maybe prices are elevated a bit. Fresh Market falls into that line as well. As I stated in another thread---there are folks who would complain if hung with a new rope.
Old 03-18-2024, 07:57 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,066 Times in 534 Posts

I didn't realize that 10¢ was such a hardship for people, but then I didn't realize that anyone still doesn't bring their own bags to the store when they shop. I get a lot of exercise just walking to the store door, and remembering that I left my bag in the car........ Hahahaha
Old 03-18-2024, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
I think Sprouts is fine. It's one of those places that is going to come down to personal preference. Not quite a love it or hate it type place, but close.

I like the prepared or semi-prepared foods there. Their steaks and fresh fish are too pricey for what you get. The produce is good though. They carry a bunch of items that most other places don't carry including Three Wishes and Magic Spoon cereal which I like.

Nice selection of sauces and condiments.
Fresh Market also has Three Wishes cereal. But Sprouts runs better sales on it.
Old 03-18-2024, 08:06 AM
Soaring Eagle member

That’s what I thought it’s a little high priced & price are getting high even without Spouts. But whatever you buy you can bet it’ll be good!
Old 03-18-2024, 08:09 AM

I’ve ordered groceries online from then, and had them delivered since I live down south. There food has been fabulous and many healthy brands you can’t get elsewhere
Old 03-18-2024, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
I didn't realize that 10¢ was such a hardship for people, but then I didn't realize that anyone still doesn't bring their own bags to the store when they shop. I get a lot of exercise just walking to the store door, and remembering that I left my bag in the car........ Hahahaha
Seriously? It's not a hardship, but when almost every other grocery store provides free bags, it's a bad policy to charge for them. Most people do not bring their own bags.

Tags
sprouts, trip, worth, opinion, shopped

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.