Sprouts ?

Old 03-18-2024, 08:27 AM

I enjoy shopping there. The produce is fresh. I love their ahi poke. Great selection of different products.
Old 03-18-2024, 08:34 AM

We're fairly new to TV and really liked Sprouts until we went to Fresh Market. If we need good meats or produce, we now go to Fresh Market exclusively.
Old 03-18-2024, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N44125 View Post
I know that Sprouts has been open for awhile, but I haven’t shopped there yet. Anyone have an opinion on it? Worth the trip?

Thanks
Not impressed
Old 03-18-2024, 08:59 AM

That location would’ve been perfect for a Trader Joe’s.
Old 03-18-2024, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berwin View Post
When I was stationed in Germany in the early 1980s (Army), every German grocery store charged a few pfennigs for plastic bags. We lived 'on the economy' and did most of our shopping in the local stores. We just got into the habit of bringing our own bags.
Its one thing to charge a few pfennigs but here they charge real money.
Old 03-18-2024, 09:07 AM
Default My go tos

Sprouts - great place to pickup a cooked plastic carton of a dinner (go early) or various vegetables.
Fresh Market - awesome cookie and bakery plus old style meat counter and like a deli counter to get the usual stuff. And ice cream you cannot get anywhere else
Old 03-18-2024, 09:33 AM

I finally made it up there from way down south. Half hour drive. Had a few specialty items I liked. But the chicken I bought was rancid so I will not be returning. I googled if there was a recall on the chicken and what I got was that a fair of the meat sold their is spoiled.
Old 03-18-2024, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcammel View Post
I agree, I enjoyed the alternative to Fresh Market and was spending about $75-100 a week on produce and specialty items. Once they started charging $.10 a bag, haven’t been back.
Just bring your own bags. That's the entire point of it. We have used reusable bags for years. Buy the washable kind and they will last for years and years.
Old 03-18-2024, 09:46 AM

We love Sprouts. Its a mini type Whole Foods. For those of you complaining about buying bags just buy the reusable ones. We have been using those for years. Get the type that are washable and wash them when needed and they still last for years. That is what we do.
Old 03-18-2024, 09:47 AM
Default unique offering

we like sprouts for things we can't get from other stores like certain dried fruits, we also like their wild caught frozen shrimp, reasonably priced pink salt and some other things

hate to see stores/businesses fail, I buy extra when we do go hoping that will help the store catch on, hope it will not close

do agree with the comment that its set back too far off 466 - visibility
Old 03-18-2024, 10:04 AM
Default Reuse bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
It's worth the trip, but you better hurry. I predict that the store will close because they have very few customers. Charging 10 cents for a plastic bag turns me off, but I am easily turned off by environmental wackos. One good thing is that you can buy a lot of ready-to-eat items. Another plus is that there is a Jersey Mike's sub shop nearby.
I’m glad Sprouts charges for their reusable shopping bags. Their bags are much thicker than the regular plastic bags. I have reused my Sprout bags for months. All stores should charge for bags. Small things like these bags help to improve our environment. Small things add up.
Old 03-18-2024, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueAorB View Post
I’m glad Sprouts charges for their reusable shopping bags. Their bags are much thicker than the regular plastic bags. I have reused my Sprout bags for months. All stores should charge for bags. Small things like these bags help to improve our environment. Small things add up.
Uh-huh. Yep. I was thinking that also (Sarcasm, Sheldon, sarcasm)
Old 03-18-2024, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,522 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeN View Post
Not worth the price, especially for produce. Limited selection. Nice people though
Limited selection? I think maybe you're not going to Sprouts, but some other store. Honey mangos, dragon fruit, no idea if they still have it but they've had durian. Cotton Candy grapes, mineola tangelos, in addition to the usual 10 varieties of apples, 5 varieties of pears, every berry you can think of when available in season, two sections just for greens of all types from lettuce to endive and everything in between, PLUS the Villages Grown section, on top of all of the stuff that Publix has.

And the prices are generally less for the usual stuff than you'd pay at Publix.
Old 03-18-2024, 10:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,739 Times in 5,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueAorB View Post
You are free to bring reusable bags to any store, and to do whatever you want to improve the environment. Charging 10 cents for a bag is not about the money. But, a lot of people are turned off by those who want to force other people's behavior. The Sprouts policy to charge for bags is just a stupid idea that is costing them business because a lot of people resent being told what to do. If they actually wanted to reduce the amount of plastic, why do they package most of their products in plastic?
Old 03-18-2024, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
You are free to bring reusable bags to any store, and to do whatever you want to improve the environment. Charging 10 cents for a bag is not about the money. But, a lot of people are turned off by those who want to force other people's behavior. The Sprouts policy to charge for bags is just a stupid idea that is costing them business because a lot of people resent being told what to do. If they actually wanted to reduce the amount of plastic, why do they package most of their products in plastic?
Totally agree. If I went there I'd make a statement by bringing my plastic bags from Publix.
I also get all my statements, bills and correspondence by e-mail, except for one. That business did not ask to go paperless because of convenience or because it was saving money. It was to "reduce their carbon footprint"---the perfect phrase for me to continue to get paper from them until I die. And this business is not stupid---they're simply catering to the stupid people who think the global warming sky is falling.

Tags
sprouts, trip, worth, opinion, shopped

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.