Sprouts ?

Old 03-18-2024, 10:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,200 Times in 5,411 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Totally agree. If I went there I'd make a statement by bringing my plastic bags from Publix.
I also get all my statements, bills and correspondence by e-mail, except for one. That business did not ask to go paperless because of convenience or because it was saving money. It was to "reduce their carbon footprint"---the perfect phrase for me to continue to get paper from them until I die. And this business is not stupid---they're simply catering to the stupid people who think the global warming sky is falling.
I do believe the business that want to go paperless are doing it to save money. Less printing to be done and savings on paper.

Why should they pay the cost of printing statements when they can email and let their customer print them out.
Old 03-18-2024, 10:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,585 Times in 1,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Totally agree. If I went there I'd make a statement by bringing my plastic bags from Publix.
I also get all my statements, bills and correspondence by e-mail, except for one. That business did not ask to go paperless because of convenience or because it was saving money. It was to "reduce their carbon footprint"---the perfect phrase for me to continue to get paper from them until I die. And this business is not stupid---they're simply catering to the stupid people who think the global warming sky is falling.
They are catering to people who have serious digestive issues and allergies. Bags are an afterthought
Old 03-18-2024, 11:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,018 Times in 4,178 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
I do believe the business that want to go paperless are doing it to save money. Less printing to be done and savings on paper.

Why should they pay the cost of printing statements when they can email and let their customer print them out.
Which is why, as I stated, everything I do is paperless----EXCEPT this one that threw that "reduce our carbon footprint" garbage out as a reason.
Old 03-18-2024, 11:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
They are catering to people who have serious digestive issues and allergies. Bags are an afterthought
I don't see what one has to do with the other. Regardless, if they stated we are charging $0.10/bag to reduce costs, fine. When they throw that "saving the planet" garbage out there, I'm out.
Old 03-18-2024, 11:23 AM
Default Love Sprouts

I love Sprouts. It is worth the trip and it is the only store in and near the Villages that has some foods that I buy

I certainly don’t need to bring plastic bags into my house that are found later in waterways and on streets I carry many reusable bags in my car. I find it ridiculous when I see the number of plastic bags that some people use in one shopping trip at some stores. Absurd

And I much prefer self check out.

Really love the store Easy in and easy out from the road
Old 03-18-2024, 11:30 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Thoroughly enjoy Sprouts. I am normally a Publix shopper and i would compare Sprouts pricing for groceries to be close in price. Sprouts has great brands for snacks you cannot find elsewhere.
Highly recommend the Nelly's peanut butter quinoa bars in the back left corner in the freezer areas

(352)748-6251
Old 03-18-2024, 12:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,834 Times in 5,299 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponygirl View Post
I love Sprouts. It is worth the trip and it is the only store in and near the Villages that has some foods that I buy

I certainly don’t need to bring plastic bags into my house that are found later in waterways and on streets I carry many reusable bags in my car. I find it ridiculous when I see the number of plastic bags that some people use in one shopping trip at some stores. Absurd

And I much prefer self check out.

Really love the store Easy in and easy out from the road
As I understand it, all the trash collected in The Villages is burned, so none of the bags end up in a waterway.
Old 03-18-2024, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Sprouts is becoming more and more my go to place for a variety of items. I keep one of their bags in my car and golf cart. 20 cents well spent.
Old 03-18-2024, 01:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,920 Times in 1,538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Because I don't live very close, I always bring a thermal bag when I go to Sprouts or Fresh Market. Aldi's charges for bags too, they always did. You also have to have a quarter available to get a shopping cart (you get it back when you return the cart to the corral). No one ever made a fuss about Aldi charging for bags, UNTIL other stores started doing it as a way to reduce plastic waste.
Plastic bags and bottles are ending up in the Gulf and Atlantic Ocean and hurting the vanishing living CORAL.
Old 03-18-2024, 01:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaw8700@outlook.com View Post
Recently I read something about California’s ban on plastic bags not doing what they promised it would do. Shocker. And what happens to the money people pay for plastic bags?
Well, people can start getting ready to complain about California requiring all new car sales to be ELECTRIC by 2035.
Old 03-18-2024, 02:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,585 Times in 1,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Well, people can start getting ready to complain about California requiring all new car sales to be ELECTRIC by 2035.
Percentage in TV will be taking a dirt nap by then so no worries
Old 03-18-2024, 02:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Plastic bags and bottles are ending up in the Gulf and Atlantic Ocean and hurting the vanishing living CORAL.
Sure. Our trash collectors are taking the plastic bags and bottles out of the garbage, preventing them from going to the plasma burn incinerator in Ocala, and driving them to the ocean to dump them and kill coral. (Although I question any "research" that shows something as inert as plastic is killing coral)
Old 03-18-2024, 02:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Yes, another idiotic law from an idiotic state run by idiots. Perhaps we can dump all the used lithium on the governor's property.
Old 03-18-2024, 02:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
You are free to bring reusable bags to any store, and to do whatever you want to improve the environment. Charging 10 cents for a bag is not about the money. But, a lot of people are turned off by those who want to force other people's behavior. The Sprouts policy to charge for bags is just a stupid idea that is costing them business because a lot of people resent being told what to do. If they actually wanted to reduce the amount of plastic, why do they package most of their products in plastic?
I think that thin plastic bags are more likely to be blown around and end up in a lake or the ocean than the foam plastic food containers which are heavier. I wonder which would deteriorate faster paper of plastic bags.
Old 03-18-2024, 02:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
I think that thin plastic bags are more likely to be blown around and end up in a lake or the ocean than the foam plastic food containers which are heavier. I wonder which would deteriorate faster paper of plastic bags.
Paper will get broken down faster than plastic or Styrofoam. Perhaps the ban you seek should be "no plastic bags allowed near the beach"

Tags
sprouts, trip, worth, opinion, shopped

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.