Square 1 really dropped the ball

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2016, 12:37 PM
Veteran member
Thumbs down Square 1 really dropped the ball

at the Senior games athlete lunch.
Event was from 11-2. Tickets are free for the athlete, $10 for non-participants.
All they served was sliders (beef or turkey), coleslaw, baked beans and bottled water. After 1 hour, they ran out of slaw and said they wouldn't be getting any more. After 2 hours, they ran out of baked beans and bottled water. Somehow, some coleslaw got brought in for the last hour.
I felt really bad for the people who paid $10 for that disaster.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:46 PM
Sage

At Rohan, the lunch was a box lunch from McAlisters deli...very big, tasty sandwich (many choices of bread and meat), bag of chips, pickle, and huge chocolate chip cookie. Bottled water to drink. I thought it was an excellent lunch for participants and probably a decent value at $10 for guests. I guess they used different vendors at different venues. Sorry yours wasn't so good....
Old 03-14-2016, 09:44 PM
Sage

I got a cole slaw once. It took a long time to go away. I know what you mean.
Old 03-14-2016, 11:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,938 Times in 2,458 Posts

IMO the schedule was where the ball was dropped. Too many racket like sports scheduled on the same day at the same time same age group. Seniors games IMO should be about the seniors participating not condensing it into 4 or 5 days to get it over with.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
at the Senior games athlete lunch.
Event was from 11-2. Tickets are free for the athlete, $10 for non-participants.
All they served was sliders (beef or turkey), coleslaw, baked beans and bottled water. After 1 hour, they ran out of slaw and said they wouldn't be getting any more. After 2 hours, they ran out of baked beans and bottled water. Somehow, some coleslaw got brought in for the last hour.
I felt really bad for the people who paid $10 for that disaster.
I agree . Arrived @12:45 about 2 dozen waiting in line...and waiting, person brings out about a dozen or so sliders...most people took one, while others two.

That scenario was repeated..finally my turn, informed by the Sq.#1 Rep. that Cole Slaw, Beans ran out about 45 min. ago..So here's what ya got for $10.00...one or two cold sliders. Oh and they ran out of water.

Sales Office (sponsors) of the Senior Games. Square #1 Burgers..Really Dropped the ball..Not prepared at all, plus downright Stingy...and Cheap !!
Old 03-15-2016, 07:09 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
IMO the schedule was where the ball was dropped. Too many racket like sports scheduled on the same day at the same time same age group. Seniors games IMO should be about the seniors participating not condensing it into 4 or 5 days to get it over with.
Absolutely agree. They are causing a lot of people to have to travel to other cities to qualify for state games.
It's a shame that they show so little interest in the athletes any more. Remember when The Villages hosted the State games? Back when they were trying to sell houses, they showed some interest. Now they want no part of it.
Closed Thread

Tags
baked, coleslaw, $10, bottled, ran, hour, water, beans, athlete, hours, brought, paid, disaster, people, bad, felt, beef, turkey, event, sliders, served, non-participants, 11-2, lunch, square

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.