Squares opening

Closed Thread
Old 09-24-2020, 07:50 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Been wondering about what happens when the snow birds fly back
I don't know but there will be a lot fewer of them since the Canadian border is closed as well as the ban on entry from Europe.
Old 09-24-2020, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Get ready.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1600951629794.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	86381  
Old 09-24-2020, 07:58 AM
Gold member

I see the developer's paper made it official today that the squares will reopen October 5th. One entrance and exit ( I hope they are different), limited amount of people daily (must have ticket from Villages entertainment for the day and location), must bring your own chair, no happy hour drink specials. What could possibly go wrong? Watch eBay and FB for ticket resales from scalpers. Sidewalks all around the squares will be packed. The same people who hoarded toilet paper will somehow end up with most of the tickets. Ought to be interesting.
Old 09-24-2020, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Some see a bushel of apples and are happy.
Others see the one and only bruised apple.....and the bruised apple becomes the focus!!
Old 09-24-2020, 08:12 AM
Veteran member

"They're nuts! They're nuts! They know nothing!"
Who recognizes this quote?
Old 09-24-2020, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
I see the developer's paper made it official today that the squares will reopen October 5th. One entrance and exit ( I hope they are different), limited amount of people daily (must have ticket from Villages entertainment for the day and location), must bring your own chair, no happy hour drink specials. What could possibly go wrong? Watch eBay and FB for ticket resales from scalpers. Sidewalks all around the squares will be packed. The same people who hoarded toilet paper will somehow end up with most of the tickets. Ought to be interesting.
Hopefully the powers to be will prevent scalping of free tickets Surprised everything is opening now.

Can only hope they know what they are doing.
Old 09-24-2020, 10:12 AM

This ought to be good. Was trying to think of a way to VIEW and LISTEN from above. Having worked in the Villages for years I can honestly say there are MANY people by the name of Demanda, that reside in the Villages, any they will inform any gatekeeper of their rights that they pay for.
Now I KNOW the reply posts will say they DON’T pay for the entertainment in the squares, I KNOW that, but who actually thinks Demandas’ won’t be out in force?
Old 09-24-2020, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

well who knew that the OP actually had the inside track and was protecting his sources by refusing to give up who it was that told him

we need to play it safe though...there's lot's of new cases of covid-19 showing up in the tri-county area

masks and social distancing is still the right thing to do
Old 09-24-2020, 10:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Seems like every year about this time people complain that I am coming back to my home in TVs that I have owned for many years.

Always makes me fell so welcome.12 months a year I pay taxes, trash fees, etc.
I've always wondered about that. I would think people would be happy about snowbirds. If it wasn't for snowbirds The Villages would be packed year round instead of just part of the year. So even though we won't be in The Villages for a few more months, I thank you for being a snowbird.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 09-24-2020, 10:36 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Seems like every year about this time people complain that I am coming back to my home in TVs that I have owned for many years.

Always makes me fell so welcome.12 months a year I pay taxes, trash fees, etc.
We look forward to having our snowbird neighbors back and usually throw a driveway party to celebrate.
Old 09-24-2020, 12:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,169 Times in 1,930 Posts

We went to Edna's on the Green last night to see the Johnny Wild and the Delights Trio (Johnny and the two Delights). Social distancing was attempted by most. There are plenty of folks who sit together shoulder to shoulder and I assume they have all invited each other into their social group. Hubby and I still have only ourselves in our social group when we go out to a restaurant to dine indoors or listen to music outside.

There was no social distancing while waiting on line for the bar and very few masks. I don't know how this is going to work out with the squares opening.
Old 09-24-2020, 01:29 PM

There was an article in today's Daily S7n explaining how the squares will open if you continued reading the back pages. Persons wishing to attend will need to get a free ticket at the box office for 1 Square per night. The squares will have 1 entrance and exit where tickets will need to be shown. Persons must also bring their own chairs. Don't worry about lines at the drink shacks as there will be NO Happy Hour pricing to avoid the line up hassle. The entertainment for the first night of Oct 5 is also listed in this article, Jimmy Buffet not among them lol. So the only place that will have lines for the limited tickets will be the box offices, either in person or online. For those interested I wish good luck and good health. I will be watching on the web cam to see how this all works out.
Old 09-24-2020, 01:37 PM
Gold member

Reserve your apartment where Katie Belle’s used to be. Nightly entertainment off your Veranda!
Old 09-24-2020, 01:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfergirl1 View Post
There was an article in today's Daily S7n explaining how the squares will open if you continued reading the back pages. Persons wishing to attend will need to get a free ticket at the box office for 1 Square per night. The squares will have 1 entrance and exit where tickets will need to be shown. Persons must also bring their own chairs. Don't worry about lines at the drink shacks as there will be NO Happy Hour pricing to avoid the line up hassle. The entertainment for the first night of Oct 5 is also listed in this article, Jimmy Buffet not among them lol. So the only place that will have lines for the limited tickets will be the box offices, either in person or online. For those interested I wish good luck and good health. I will be watching on the web cam to see how this all works out.
We will wait and see how this plays out before getting in line for tickets
Old 09-24-2020, 03:24 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie1950 View Post
This ought to be good. Was trying to think of a way to VIEW and LISTEN from above.
Sure would be nice to have one of those proposed apartments around the square...
Closed Thread

Tags
squares, opening, october, yea, stay

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.