State count for Village residences

Old 04-17-2024, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
Every year we receive a big Residential Directory for The Villages.A big part of that is names, telephone numbers (including cell phones), addresses, and where people came from. Nice to have! The next section is the names of residents (single or couples) BY STATE. This section doesn’t give the numbers, but it’s easy to count the columns or in some cases the actual numbers. For example, there are four columns of names per page. Only half of a column are people from North Dakota. There are fewer—33–entries for people from Utah. Rhode Island has six columns of residents! There is one column of residents from Arkansas. There are 3.5 columns of residents from Delaware. By contrast, there are almost nine columns of residents from California (same for Iowa) and thirty-two columns of residents from New Jersey.

This book also has a lot of useful maps of The Villages and its shopping areas at the beginning of the book.
You have to opt into the directory so it's only a fraction of the residents. In addition, the deadline to get into the directory is nine months before it comes out so all of Newell, Lake Denham, and Dabney aren't even in it.

Garden City, Long Island, NY
West Islip, Long Island, NY
Village of Citrus Grove (2021)
Village of Newell (2023)
Old 04-17-2024, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisanp@aol.com View Post
Since the Daily Sun is the printer of the phone book, I would think that this is where the state stats come from. However, at closing you can elect to not be in the phone book, thus would not be included in these state stats. Also, all MLS closings would not be included unless the new owner contacts the daily sun and requests to be included in the phone book. Go to the phone book and count the number of Villagers in a specific state and see if it is close to what is in your spreadsheet/printed in the paper.
You don't opt out of the directory; you have to opt in. Filling out a form is required.

Garden City, Long Island, NY
West Islip, Long Island, NY
Village of Citrus Grove (2021)
Village of Newell (2023)
Old 04-17-2024, 12:46 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredMitchell View Post
For this year - sometime in 2023 to today:

Arkansas 147
Delaware 318
Rhode Island - not reported
Utah 61

Rhode Island was 461 the previous year. I have not figured out on what date they switch to new data, but they have not done it yet.

Also missing this past year were
Washington DC (20 the previous year)
Puerto Rico (not reported last year either)
I see Wisconsin is still missing.... Apparently 13 NFL Championship/Super Bowls do not count
Old 04-18-2024, 03:35 AM

New data starting today.
Old 04-19-2024, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHitch View Post
Hi all,
I posed this question directly to the editors of the Villages Daily Sun newspaper but got no reply, so trying here:

Each day, on page 4 of the newspaper there are stories from several states along with demographics of the number of houses from each state...

I have been keeping a master summary list of those state-by-state numbers here (Demographics - The Villages 101)

I'm missing all owner demographics from Arkansas, Delaware, Rhode Island, and Utah. Are there no owners from those four states?

The newspaper has not updated those numbers for well over a year. Yet the boards in the sales offices have daily/weekly new owner demographics. Doesn't make sense.

Random thoughts welcome, but not as important as other pressing issues.....
I have been here almost 14 years. When we moved here they asked “where did you come from”. That’s a funny question for me as we lived many places in USA. We moved here from TX BUT I have always considered myself a New Yorker where I was born and grew up.

Tags
demographics, newspaper, state, states, owner

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.