Looking for someone who speaks 'Thailand' language(s)

Old 05-04-2024, 09:04 AM
Default Looking for someone who speaks 'Thailand' language(s)

I'm trying to find someone who speaks language(s) used in Thailand. My friend served in Thailand during the Vietnam war. He used to eat the native Thai dishes regularly and remembers a VERY spicy condiment that he liked. He said it looked somewhat like Crisco shortening. He doesn't remember exactly what it was called, but he said it sounded like "paopiasalat".
Old 05-04-2024, 01:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,236 Times in 5,430 Posts

Several Chinese restaurants here like Kiame and Kungfu have a number of Thai dishes on menu go there at an off hour
Old 05-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 2,285 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunesmith View Post
I'm trying to find someone who speaks language(s) used in Thailand. My friend served in Thailand during the Vietnam war. He used to eat the native Thai dishes regularly and remembers a VERY spicy condiment that he liked. He said it looked somewhat like Crisco shortening. He doesn't remember exactly what it was called, but he said it sounded like "paopiasalat".
Check out the Thai Ruby restaurant in Lake Sumter Landing. Most employees there speak Thai and they might even have the flavoring you’re looking for.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 05-04-2024, 02:57 PM
Gold member

Prik-Nam-Pla?
Old 05-04-2024, 05:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member

From AI - might try asking a few different ways
It seems like you’re referring to a Thai dish or condiment that sounds like “paopiasalat.” While I couldn’t find an exact match for this term, it’s possible that you might be thinking of a spicy Thai condiment or perhaps a variation of the famous Thai dish, Som Tam, which is a green papaya salad1. Som Tam is a blend of sweet, sour, and spicy flavors, made with shredded unripe papaya and other ingredients like tomatoes, garlic, and chilies. It’s a refreshing dish often enjoyed in Thailand and other Southeast Asian countries.

If “paopiasalat” is a specific regional condiment or a less common variation of a dish, it might be best to consult a Thai cookbook or a Thai cuisine expert for more precise information. Alternatively, you could visit a Thai restaurant and describe the condiment to see if they can provide you with the dish you’re looking for.

Tags
thailand, languages, speaks, looked, crisco

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.