Steps for Dispute Resolution with Builder

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2014, 10:12 PM

Try the POA for results with a class action lawsuit.....the President is "well connected" and their recommended Lawyers have had success....President is former Union Leader....
Old 04-26-2014, 04:39 AM
Sage

A homeowner with a puddle is not a "class " action.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,513 Times in 1,912 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
I've known homeowners who got things fixed by the builder -- sometimes nice and easy, sometimes a long, drawn-out process with bad feelings on at least the homeowner's side. I've known homeowners who never got their drainage issues resolved -- some gave up and paid to have French drains installed themselves. It isn't always easy to get things done even when the repairs are obvious and "easy peasy", especially when it comes to landscaping/ground/irrigation issues.

Two homes within my view had drainage problems and they were fixed, even after the warranty was up. At the expense of the developer.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:14 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Two homes within my view had drainage problems and they were fixed, even after the warranty was up. At the expense of the developer.
The ironic thing is that my next door neighbor as well as the the two home next to him had a drain lines installed and their drainage issues were not as bad or as complicated as I am experiencing. They however had a different builder. I am using this as a precedent has been initiated in the neighborhood and the solution is obvious.........just look next door!!!!

Stay tuned.
Retirement has been a discovery of beauty for me. I never had enough time before to truly appreciate the beauty of my grandchild, my wife, the tree outside my very own front door. And, the beauty of time itself.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,930 Times in 787 Posts

The question that hasn't been answered is... is your house is less than a year old, and if so, have you contacted Home Warranty about the problem?

I know they want you to try to work it out yourselves first, but when we kept being stalled by the slider people about scratched windows, we finally called HW and said Look, we tried. Now you need to take over.

They did, and the problem was fixed.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrich61 View Post
Try the POA for results with a class action lawsuit.....the President is "well connected" and their recommended Lawyers have had success....President is former Union Leader....
Class action for a poor drain is a big stretch.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
The question that hasn't been answered is... is your house is less than a year old, and if so, have you contacted Home Warranty about the problem?

I know they want you to try to work it out yourselves first, but when we kept being stalled by the slider people about scratched windows, we finally called HW and said Look, we tried. Now you need to take over.

They did, and the problem was fixed.
We are at the one year mark.......and we raised this issue in September 2013 and again in March 2014 when we retained a Professional Home Inspection service who submitted a formal report to the Warranty Department.

Stay tuned.
Retirement has been a discovery of beauty for me. I never had enough time before to truly appreciate the beauty of my grandchild, my wife, the tree outside my very own front door. And, the beauty of time itself.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,405 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriaGrandparents2013 View Post
We are at the one year mark.......and we raised this issue in September 2013 and again in March 2014 when we retained a Professional Home Inspection service who submitted a formal report to the Warranty Department.

Stay tuned.
Have you personally talked to anyone at Home Warranty?
Old 05-04-2014, 06:34 PM

What if a property is uninsurable does that have to be disclosed not under florida state law.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,930 Times in 787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSwofford147@comcast.net View Post
What if a property is uninsurable does that have to be disclosed not under florida state law.
What does this have to do with the OP's problem?
Old 05-04-2014, 08:43 PM
Veteran member

u can get this resolved in about 45 mins,,, just show up at the sales office with a picket in ur hand, stand outside, make sure ur on the sidewalk,, believe me , the morrises will send some minion out and ask u to come inside they will resolve this, and no u shuld not have to pay for there ongoing shoddy workmanship! who knows u culd have the start of a sinkhole! if they dont resolve it continue showing up at the sales office ,,, dont be bullied! keep us posted!
Old 07-29-2014, 07:25 AM
Veteran member

Well here is what happened........the builders representative came and met me with me on site. He was basically humoring me as he had no intention of addressing the drainage and said so after listening to me describe the issue. He was a bit arrogant in his attitude and indifferent. Subsequent to this meeting I developed a health issue that required me to return to Massachusetts to address.

So at this point the builder feels like it's been resolved.......am scheduled to return to The Villages in September and am not sure whether to continue the "fight". Any suggestions?

All comments appreciated.

Last edited by AriaGrandparents2013; 07-29-2014 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Fix typos
Old 07-29-2014, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,513 Times in 1,912 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadu View Post
I am aware of many people who have drainage issues that the warranty dept. and builders will not fix.
Possibly putting out a thread to start some type of class action as a group might get the ball rolling.

Good luck!

We had three minor drainage problems in our village of 53 homes and The Villages fixed them, spit-spot. Go to WARRANTY. Warranty is the boss of all contractors. The builder builds the house, it is the person that graded it who needs to be focused on, and warranty can do that....Don't spend money on a lawyer for an inexpensive fix. WARRANTY will get it done.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.