Stock Market Info

Closed Thread
Old 10-19-2021, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Of course they lose sleep over it. Why wouldn't they? They have been and continue to be forced to support multiple generations worthless shiftless cheats.
Well, since most federal tax money goes for defense, social security, and medicare do we assume that is where the shiftless cheats are?
Old 10-19-2021, 02:31 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdulej View Post
Well, since most federal tax money goes for defense, social security, and medicare do we assume that is where the shiftless cheats are?
It is not just federal tax; it is every form of tax. Ill conceived assistance programs, their enormous over staffed and overpaid inefficient bureaucracy, people who cheat the system, Medicaid, poor school systems with huge numbers of overhead supervisors, welfare deadbeats, lots of pork.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 10-19-2021 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-19-2021, 02:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothyimitchell View Post
I am very cautious in regard to the stock market today, and anything related to it.
Everyone is. Even people who think they have no money in the stock market may not realize that if they have a pension, it is surely paid for by stock market investments.

My view, due to manipulated interest rates and inflation, we have no other choice.
Old 10-19-2021, 03:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Wow, now I really feel bad for the rich. All the money they spend buying politicians and influence, and they still get screwed over on taxes. They are either very unlucky or very stupid.
We are being manipulated. The rich. That concept is sadly simple. Actually it has existed throughout history. Take from him and give to me. The definition of rich for most people is anyone who has more than I do.
Old 10-19-2021, 03:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Personal experience, it is everywhere. As said elsewhere people think cut him not me.
Defense-oh no don't cut me. Social security-oh no don't cut me. Medicare-oh no don't cut me. We are so overspent, we toss about numbers of trillions. I am one of the few that realize I do not comprehend one trillion let alone 30 of them.

It has gotten so out of control that a million, a few million is petty cash.
Old 10-19-2021, 03:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

All this doesn't mean a hill of beans to me cuz once your government comes and takes
all your savings, CD's 401K's, and savings all this will be history.
Old 10-19-2021, 03:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,715 Times in 5,244 Posts

Quote:
I worked as an Inspector General for the Federal Government, and those are the three biggies in terms of waste, fraud, and abuse. Medicare fraud and waste is rampant, many Social Security disability claims are fraudulent, and there is enormous wasteful spending in defense.
Old 10-19-2021, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I worked as an Inspector General for the Federal Government, and those are the three biggies in terms of waste, fraud, and abuse. Medicare fraud and waste is rampant, many Social Security disability claims are fraudulent, and there is enormous wasteful spending in defense.
I agree, there is plenty of waste and cheating. Yet, currently there is an effort to get more IRS agents to enforce the law and guess who is screaming bloody murder? (hint - it isn't the Dems)
Old 10-19-2021, 03:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
What did you do to stop this….?
Old 10-19-2021, 04:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
What did you do to stop this….?
An Inspector General has full reign to investigate and inspect all aspects of an organization, and to compile a detailed report outlining the facts, events, and circumstances, and to make recommendations. Unfortunately, the IG has no enforcement power to compel an organization or individual to implement the recommendations. So, I wrote a lot of embarrassing reports and refused to sugarcoat anything, but the recommendations were often ignored by the bureaucrats. Also, much of what many IG reports reveal is wasteful Government spending, which is not illegal. That is how the system works.
Old 10-19-2021, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
All this doesn't mean a hill of beans to me cuz once your government comes and takes
all your savings, CD's 401K's, and savings all this will be history.
Just.
Might.
Happen.
Old 10-19-2021, 05:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
An Inspector General has full reign to investigate and inspect all aspects of an organization, and to compile a detailed report outlining the facts, events, and circumstances, and to make recommendations. Unfortunately, the IG has no enforcement power to compel an organization or individual to implement the recommendations. So, I wrote a lot of embarrassing reports and refused to sugarcoat anything, but the recommendations were often ignored by the bureaucrats. Also, much of what many IG reports reveal is wasteful Government spending, which is not illegal. That is how the system works.
So, did you ever have a sense of accomplishment? Or just pushing paper?
Old 10-19-2021, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothyimitchell View Post
Just.
Might.
Happen.
I truly hope people don't lose any sleep over these fears. It simply isn't going to happen. At least, as long as you are not a crook.
Old 10-19-2021, 05:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
So, did you ever have a sense of accomplishment? Or just pushing paper?
Yes, occasionally, when I received a complaint from an employee who was getting the runaround or feet dragging by a lazy financial or human resources person who wouldn't do their job and approve a valid travel voucher or other request. Those people were were very sorry they ever got a call from me. One advantage to being an IG is that they have full access to everyone and everything in the organization. You cannot blow off the IG.
Old 10-19-2021, 07:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
I agree, there is plenty of waste and cheating. Yet, currently there is an effort to get more IRS agents to enforce the law and guess who is screaming bloody murder? (hint - it isn't the Dems)
Interesting to me-reality. Remember Herman Cain and his 999 slogan? The reality he pilfered that from Steve Forbes who said the number was 12-12-12. Cain went on to change his flat tax to allow the don't take from me sacred mortgage deduction.

I've read that our tax system employs over a million people. A flat tax would eliminate not only a major source of power but say half those jobs. Opinion, mine is we need a far simpler tax code. It is now 86,000 pages. I was in my own business. I had several inquiries, they were simple to explain and went away. A full audit, you can bet they will find something in the 86,000 pages. If, not you can claim harassment.

Few know there is a line on the tax form where you can choose to pay more than you owe. I wonder if anyone uses that line. This IRS, probably would question the mental competence, sanity, of the person completing the form.
Closed Thread

Tags
stock, market, info, interesting, read

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.