Stonecrest

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2015, 09:42 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy-Guy View Post
Houses in The Villages continue to appreciate at a rate that is perhaps higher than any other area of the country. In all of the comparisons of other areas outside The Villages I have not seen any mention of home appreciation.

It has been well established over the years that you get more home for your buck in Stonecrest and other developments in the area.

Many homes in The Villages have appreciated over $50,000 in the last 4 years. And that could be a conservative estimate.

Home appreciation is perhaps a strong reason that you can get more home for your buck outside The Villages as those homes may have not enjoyed the appreciation The Villages has. Because of the high demand of homes in The Villages the value of the current homes built in The Villages continue to rise.

All of that being said I wonder how much a 4 year home in Stonecrest has appreciated.
At this rate of appreciation , by the time I retire, I will be living in a bus, down by the river.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 03-21-2015, 11:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
At this rate of appreciation , by the time I retire, I will be living in a bus, down by the river.
I hear the abandoned school buses are appreciating quite a bit.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
I know that, that's why I'm asking. TV has tons of homes for sale as well. I'm just trying to find out if there is a reason for the amount of sales in Stonecrest. I guess probably the same reasons for the homes for sale here?
People die or move back north for health reasons..
Old 03-21-2015, 01:55 PM
Veteran member

These retirement communities will have anywhere from 5% to 15% of homes for sale at any given time. Just depends. Out of our neighborhood of 50 homes there are only about 10 of us that are the original owners. They move for all sorts of reasons.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:01 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
Never looked at any houses outside of TV. But, like Rubicon, I love the ambiance of Harbor Hills. Just couldn't stand to be so far from the grocery store.
Hi Carla: That was my wife's complaint here and every place we ever moved. I was a quite a hero when I found her a nice home in the Minneapolis area just 15 minutes from the Mall of America, 5 minutes to Eden Prairie Mall and 10 minutes to the Southdale Mall
Old 03-21-2015, 02:09 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Houses in The Villages continue to appreciate at a rate that is perhaps higher than any other area of the country. In all of the comparisons of other areas outside The Villages I have not seen any mention of home appreciation.

It has been well established over the years that you get more home for your buck in Stonecrest and other developments in the area.

Many homes in The Villages have appreciated over $50,000 in the last 4 years. And that could be a conservative estimate.

Home appreciation is perhaps a strong reason that you can get more home for your buck outside The Villages as those homes may have not enjoyed the appreciation The Villages has. Because of the high demand of homes in The Villages the value of the current homes built in The Villages continue to rise.

All of that being said I wonder how much a 4 year home in Stonecrest has appreciated.
Hi Indy Guy My wife and I have a dispute about the issue of appreciation in TV...but its personal in that I do not believe my 2006 designer on a championship golf course has appreciated to even a breakeven point. I am tempted to call my original realtor for an assessment but then it opens the door and I very much like my house, my location and especially my neighbors whom I believe are just top shelf
Old 03-21-2015, 05:01 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Hi Indy Guy My wife and I have a dispute about the issue of appreciation in TV...but its personal in that I do not believe my 2006 designer on a championship golf course has appreciated to even a breakeven point. I am tempted to call my original realtor for an assessment but then it opens the door and I very much like my house, my location and especially my neighbors whom I believe are just top shelf
I think you would be very surprised at your homes appreciation. I bought my court yard villa in 2012. 12 months later, I sold it for $50,000 more. 6 months later it sold again for 14,000 more. It is now for sale again for $133,000 more than I paid for it originally. That is all in a 2 1/2 year time frame. That's crazy, I know.

Have you looked at resales of your model on the villages site? Personally, I'm looking outside of TV because I feel that the prices here have gone unrealisticly too high. If they keep going up, I won't be able to afford to purchase here.

When I initially was looking at homes here, the colony patio villa was $139,000. That was in 2011. New ones now are $189,000. That's ridiculous.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
And if your wife feels the same way get a market analysis and settle the dispute. No harm done and maybe you'll get to pat yourself on the back for a smart move!
Old 03-21-2015, 08:49 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I understand what you are stating. I have been told that 2006 was the top year for sales of new homes in The villages. There was a waiting list for many models and people purchased homes that they had not even seen. This may sound silly but many very well educated people that I know did exactly this.

Homes in my Villa section that were purchased in 2005 were flipped for as much as $70,000. more than they were purchased for a year earlier.

I have a friend that purchased in early 2006 after she sold her previous home. Her home that she sold up north is now worth about $60,000 less than she sold it for and her Villages home is worth about $10,000 more that she purchased it for in 2006. She is well ahead of the game. The looser is the buyer of her home up north.

My main point about appreciation is that no one has still stated any facts about the appreciation of homes in Stonecrest. No one has stated that they are aware of anyone that purchased and sold at any margin of gain. I feel that some may have and many have not. I could be incorrect.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:03 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
I think you would be very surprised at your homes appreciation. I bought my court yard villa in 2012. 12 months later, I sold it for $50,000 more. 6 months later it sold again for 14,000 more. It is now for sale again for $133,000 more than I paid for it originally. That is all in a 2 1/2 year time frame. That's crazy, I know.

Have you looked at resales of your model on the villages site? Personally, I'm looking outside of TV because I feel that the prices here have gone unrealisticly too high. If they keep going up, I won't be able to afford to purchase here.

When I initially was looking at homes here, the colony patio villa was $139,000. That was in 2011. New ones now are $189,000. That's ridiculous.
We started looking in 2010 but couldn't retire until 2014. We watched home prices escalate at a rate that we thought the only thing we would be able to buy would be a 20 to 30 year old house or manufactured home. The good Lord was looking out for this old fool and we feel very Blessed.
Old 03-22-2015, 02:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I understand what you are stating. I have been told that 2006 was the top year for sales of new homes in The villages. There was a waiting list for many models and people purchased homes that they had not even seen. This may sound silly but many very well educated people that I know did exactly this.

Homes in my Villa section that were purchased in 2005 were flipped for as much as $70,000. more than they were purchased for a year earlier.

I have a friend that purchased in early 2006 after she sold her previous home. Her home that she sold up north is now worth about $60,000 less than she sold it for and her Villages home is worth about $10,000 more that she purchased it for in 2006. She is well ahead of the game. The looser is the buyer of her home up north.

My main point about appreciation is that no one has still stated any facts about the appreciation of homes in Stonecrest. No one has stated that they are aware of anyone that purchased and sold at any margin of gain. I feel that some may have and many have not. I could be incorrect.
Just might be we are not interested in flipping houses. You can make more money by investing wisely then flipping houses. When you add up all the real cost of owning a home the actual return on capital invested is not what you think.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.