Strange home insurance quote

Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2023, 02:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,912 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
$1300 off of what price and for what size home? Full quote may be way high without details.
read all the replies, I got the best answer already
in post #3 and #6 from VT and RG123

as acknowledged in post #7

satisfied guy
Old 07-14-2023, 09:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
in posts #3 and #6 from VT and RG123

satisfied guy
Sorry to disagree but a home can be struck by lightning, a tornado, hurricanes, etc even if a home is unoccupied for a while. Vacancy has nothing to do with an insurance policy. It is about who is occupying the home.

I believe the reason for the $1300 discount is that the homeowner is living in the home part-time. Homeowners insurance only covers personal loss. When the owner leases the home, the policy will no longer be valid.

During the time the home is leased to a renter, you will need to obtain insurance that covers a business property. Each year, you would have to purchase two policies- homeowners for the personal use of the home, business insurance for the business use of the home. If you have the wrong policy, your claim will be denied.

Last edited by margaretmattson; 07-15-2023 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Add more info
Old 07-15-2023, 09:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,912 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
Sorry to disagree but a home can be struck by lightning, a tornado, hurricanes, etc even if a home is unoccupied for a while. Vacancy has nothing to do with an insurance policy. It is about who is occupying the home.

I believe the reason for the $1300 discount is that the homeowner is living in the home part-time. Homeowners insurance only covers personal loss. When the owner leases the home, the policy will no longer be valid.

During the time the home is leased to a renter, you will need to obtain insurance that covers a business property. Each year, you would have to purchase two policies- homeowners for the personal use of the home, business insurance for the business use of the home. If you have the wrong policy, your claim will be denied.
in post #3 and #6 from VT and RG123

It's not my house as stated, and couldn't care less about how our friends manage their house expenses nor insurances.

but please keep explaining how insurances work in case others have never bought it before.

satisfied guy
Old 07-15-2023, 02:28 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,091 Times in 298 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by margaretmattson View Post
Wasn't the concept of the OP that if you rent your home part-time you get a discounted premium? I understand your frustration about high premiums, but the OP was asking why would there be a $1300 premium deduction if you rent your home. I think perhaps this is why you are being teased. Your response is not about the post.
EXACTLY.

Wade though that previous "histrionic" post of mine, if you don't understand why any sane, non-crooked insurance company who understands The Villages ought to jump at the chance to discount a house in the Villages that's vacant most of the time. I listed the reasons. The first insurance company that figures this out will run the rest of those crooks out of business!

The question isn't "why" it's WHO? WHO IS THIS HONEST INSURANCE COMPANY? WE NEED A NAME!

The fact that the OP hasn't responded with that name tells me the guy isn't serious. Instead, he called me "histrionic" and threatened to block me -- for giving him a dozen reasons for that quote and asking for a name.

That's not someone asking a serious question. That's just someone stirring the pot.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, insurance, offered, quotes, company

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.