Good News/Bad News

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2018, 10:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Good News/Bad News

First the good news: Cart Battery failed and needed to replace it. Called The Battery Boys and they were very responsive and their price had not changed since I bought the batteries on the cart in 2012. Great customer support and attitude. Bad News: went to Public Market in Wedgwood and first noted goat cheese I was going to buy had a do not sell date for May 2018. Clerk removed it. Then saw Pepperage Farms cookies were on sale at 2 for 1 with signs on the racks in from of them Purchased 2 only to get to the cash register where I was told there were a couple of types that were not included. You had to be careful when following signs as they are intentionaly misleading. Moral of the story: 50% of Business were above board and good and 50% try anything including tricks to get you to buy..
Old 08-20-2018, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
First the good news: Cart Battery failed and needed to replace it. Called The Battery Boys and they were very responsive and their price had not changed since I bought the batteries on the cart in 2012. Great customer support and attitude. Bad News: went to Public Market in Wedgwood and first noted goat cheese I was going to buy had a do not sell date for May 2018. Clerk removed it. Then saw Pepperage Farms cookies were on sale at 2 for 1 with signs on the racks in from of them Purchased 2 only to get to the cash register where I was told there were a couple of types that were not included. You had to be careful when following signs as they are intentionaly misleading. Moral of the story: 50% of Business were above board and good and 50% try anything including tricks to get you to buy..

Hold off on buying lottery tickets and getting married.

Just teasin' you a little Mr. Penn. You are a good person.
Old 08-20-2018, 01:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
You had to be careful when following signs as they are intentionaly misleading. Moral of the story: 50% of Business were above board and good and 50% try anything including tricks to get you to buy..
I don’t know about anyone else, but I find it hard to discern someone’s intent unless I ask the person in charge some questions. If I don’t ask questions, I usually turn out to be wrong about my assumption and embarrass myself.
Old 08-20-2018, 01:44 PM

I love Goat Cheese. It's great in pasta dishes. I probably would have eaten it anyway.
Old 08-20-2018, 03:01 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Sometimes one is the pigeon; other times one is the statue.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
good, news, 50%, signs, buy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.