Streaming Television

Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2020, 09:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmeans View Post
I bought a Freestream box from local Villager, Jerry Dillen, and am very, VERY happy with it. I get live television, local channels, sports and movies galore. Essentially I can search up ANYthing that has ever been broadcast. All that is required is an internet connection (which you have to have anyway, right, for email, surfing and such). So for the one time price of $350.00...you're done. Search Jerry up on Facebook or email him at mrdills96@gmail.com. He is nice as can be and will come install the device and tutor you on using it.
That's called a jail break Firestick, you should get 6,000 channels, Already noted earlier on post #38 by heyitsrick, that's illegal, you probably won't ever get caught but you're getting loads of programming without paying a fee. BTW, the jailbreak firestick they sell at Market of Marion by 3 vendors for $140, or you buy a firestick from from Amazon and go on youtube and learn how to do it yourself.

Here's what heyitsrick posted earlier, he says it a lot better than I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsrick
I'm not the morality police - trust me.

But I think you need to be upfront about what you're recommending here. Sportziptv is known as an "iptv" service that carries "streams" of what would ordinarily be premium-based ($$$) content. In other words, for a small monthly fee, the home viewer would have "free" access to tons of content regular users would have to pay the normal subscription fee for. If a content provider (movie studio or company that owns the distribution rights to premium content like movies/tv shows/sports) finds people have been accessing it in this way, those people could be on the hook for a lot money in damages.

Now, will users of such a service get caught? Probably not, if they take the proper precautions. Even the sportziptv web page warns people should get a "VPN" (virtual private network) that masks/hides one's real internet address. No one needs to do that for legal services.

You're also posting your own affiliate link here - the "aff=1044" part of the URL you're linking to, which means you get some kind of cash back or free access or whatever their affiliate relationship is. You should be making that obvious, too.

A lot of people are newbies where it comes to streaming online services. Throw out a "you can get everything you want for $9.95 / month" to new people looking to cut costs and they think they've found TV/Movie/Sports nirvana. What they've found is "theft of service", and common sense would tell anyone that if these services like YouTube TV or Hulu or Disney+, etc., are charging up to or over $60 / month what you're promoting for $9.95, something's not kosher.

If people want a "service" like iptv, go for it. But know in advance exactly what it is you're going for, because there is some potential legal/financial jeopardy in doing so. What I'm concerned about is uninformed people who just think this is some kind of crazy "secret" legit deal that just happens to get them the viewing options they want much, much cheaper than their neighbors. "If it's too good to be true..." applies.

Last edited by John_W; 11-27-2020 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedalton View Post
you're better off with firestick 4-K and streaming service. service cost $9.95/mth and gives you 5,000 channels. all local, all sports and much more. Contact me and I can set you up. jedalton@gmail.com. The Villages Firestick guy. min of 35 Mbs for streaming.

Dalton Consulting Services
you may want to try this streaming service
Google
due to overwhelming response here is what I have decided to do.
I recommend you purchase your own router instead of renting from cable company for $12-15/mth.. The netgear c7000 v2 works very well. If you would like a demo I can come out and show you the demo for $70 (takes about 1 hour) and if you decide to go with it I will deduct it from your bill. I am booked until next week, Available next week on Wed, Thurs, Fri and Sat. Let me know what works for you. I live in Duval.
Spectrum
100 Mbps Internet
(wireless speeds may vary)
FREE internet modem
No data caps
$49.99/mth
I have (3) TV's do you need a firestick for each?
Old 11-27-2020, 07:19 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES
Default dead wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyitsrick View Post
I'm not the morality police - trust me.

But I think you need to be upfront about what you're recommending here. Sportziptv is known as an "iptv" service that carries "streams" of what would ordinarily be premium-based ($$$) content. In other words, for a small monthly fee, the home viewer would have "free" access to tons of content regular users would have to pay the normal subscription fee for. If a content provider (movie studio or company that owns the distribution rights to premium content like movies/tv shows/sports) finds people have been accessing it in this way, those people could be on the hook for a lot money in damages.

Now, will users of such a service get caught? Probably not, if they take the proper precautions. Even the sportziptv web page warns people should get a "VPN" (virtual private network) that masks/hides one's real internet address. No one needs to do that for legal services.

You're also posting your own affiliate link here - the "aff=1044" part of the URL you're linking to, which means you get some kind of cash back or free access or whatever their affiliate relationship is. You should be making that obvious, too.

A lot of people are newbies where it comes to streaming online services. Throw out a "you can get everything you want for $9.95 / month" to new people looking to cut costs and they think they've found TV/Movie/Sports nirvana. What they've found is "theft of service", and common sense would tell anyone that if these services like YouTube TV or Hulu or Disney+, etc., are charging up to or over $60 / month what you're promoting for $9.95, something's not kosher.

If people want a "service" like iptv, go for it. But know in advance exactly what it is you're going for, because there is some potential legal/financial jeopardy in doing so. What I'm concerned about is uninformed people who just think this is some kind of crazy "secret" legit deal that just happens to get them the viewing options they want much, much cheaper than their neighbors. "If it's too good to be true..." applies.
the service is not for downloading, just watching. As long as you don't download anything it's legal.
So for example, viewing content from an IPTV service is technically not disobeying the DMCA. However, downloading such content and then sending the files to others or posting it online would, in fact, be in violation of the DMCA.

Last edited by jedalton; 11-27-2020 at 07:27 AM. Reason: update
Old 11-27-2020, 07:21 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES
Default yes, you need a firestick for each tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydavid View Post
yes, you need a firestick for each television
Old 11-27-2020, 07:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,779 Times in 5,277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydavid View Post
Yes. But, I would recommend the Roku stick instead of a Fire stick. I think it is the best of the streaming devices. But, in any case, you will need a separate stick for each television.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:29 AM
Default very legal

[QUOTE=John_W;1866456]That's called a jail break Firestock, you should get 6,000 channels, Already noted earlier on post #38 by heyitsrick, that's illegal, you probably won't ever get caught but you're getting loads of programming without paying a fee. BTW, the jailbreak firestick they sell at Market of Marion by 3 vendors for $140, or you buy a firestick from from Amazon and go on youtube and learn how to do it yourself.

the service is not for downloading, just watching. As long as you don't download anything it's legal. So for example, viewing content from an IPTV service is technically not disobeying the DMCA. However, downloading such content and then sending the files to others or posting it online would, in fact, be in violation of the DMCA.
Old 11-27-2020, 08:20 AM

We moved in 3 weeks ago and opted for the Disney + bundle (Disney plus, hulu and ESPN+.) We bought our own router modem (Netgear) and so far it's working great (as long as you don't mind being a day late on everything). We used to DVR all our shows so it's the same for us. The only exception-no Jeopardy.
Old 11-27-2020, 08:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyborn View Post
We moved in 3 weeks ago and opted for the Disney + bundle (Disney plus, hulu and ESPN+.) We bought our own router modem (Netgear) and so far it's working great (as long as you don't mind being a day late on everything). We used to DVR all our shows so it's the same for us. The only exception-no Jeopardy.
That’s pretty much what we have too. That and CBS all access.

Last edited by Mrprez; 11-27-2020 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-27-2020, 08:53 AM
Smile Youtube TV

We are using Youtube TV and are very satisfied with it. We get 83 channels for $72 per month, including tax, including all of the local network channels, national news channels and The golf channel which gives us pretty much all we want.

I believe it is download speed rather than upload speed which impacts streaming quality. We use Centurylink for internet service and get 80 megabytes per second for $45 per month for life which is more than enough to provide high quality reliable streaming. I believe the minimum requirement is about 25 MBPS.

We also have a supplemental Netgear Orbi 20 wifi router system (Amazon) which provides a strong signal to all of our four tv sets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob47 View Post
We're probably going to streaming television. Would appreciate recent experience from folks who are doing this already.

Between Hulu + Live TV and YouTube TV, is one clearly better than the other?

What is the minimum internet upload stream for successful streaming?

Thanks.
Old 11-27-2020, 09:01 AM

We only have smart TV's and Spectrum internet which is great for everything. No TV service needed, there are plenty of free channels.
Old 11-27-2020, 09:06 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Uncle Pepe

Quote:
We're probably going to streaming television. Would appreciate recent experience from folks who are doing this already.

Thanks.
Hi. I am not an expert but I stream with no monthly cost. I have both g-box and Firestick. Once you have whichever hardware you want download the Filelinked apk. When you have that you search for the filelinked codes and use them to find other aps such as CinemaHD BeeTV and Mobdro to play movies and TV shows to your hearts content for free.
Old 11-27-2020, 10:18 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,074 Times in 538 Posts

It's cheaper to bundle Spectrum Internet and TV.
Old 11-27-2020, 10:20 AM
Default Hulu

Quote:

Thanks.
Grab Hulu today. Black Friday deal $1.99 month for a year
Old 11-27-2020, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeodonnell73 View Post
We went over to streaming with YouTube TV about 5 months ago and wouldn’t go back. I cut my monthly bill down by $150 and I can still DVR all the shows I had before and all the stations I watched.
How do you use the DVR if you no longer have the cable service? Don’t they want that equipment back if you cancel cable service and only keep Internet?
Old 11-27-2020, 11:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,779 Times in 5,277 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pommom91 View Post
How do you use the DVR if you no longer have the cable service? Don’t they want that equipment back if you cancel cable service and only keep Internet?
Many streaming services have a cloud based DVR service that requires no equipment. Actually, I think most of the cable TV services now use a cloud based system also.
Closed Thread

Tags
streaming, television, upload, internet, minimum

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.