Suggestion Box for TV Developer

Closed Thread
Old 07-13-2008, 02:28 AM
Veteran member
Default Re: Suggestion Box for TV Developer

I'm already sold on the TV Lifestyle but it would be the icing on the cake if I knew that there were community swimming pools with SHADE......... umbrellas ? trees ? canopies ? partial roof ? some place to hang out at the pool without baking & roasting my skin :

Old 07-13-2008, 02:48 AM
Send a message via AIM to pwdasher

The pools do have shade under the arbors, and ceiling fans too, all that I have used anyway.

I would love to see a concession stand/snack bar, at the family pools, and a bartender at the adult pools. I know, that brings us back to the rat issue.. ???
Old 07-13-2008, 04:21 AM

I don't care how the gates open...as long as they don't open for my brother-in-law. But that's another story.

Seriously. The type pass now used would probably be OK with most people if the machine that reads the card could read through a closed window. However, as mentioned already, any change will come with a price. How much will it cost vs how important is the convenience?
Old 07-13-2008, 04:33 AM

Shade over some of the water in the pools. The shade is in the corners of the decks. I want to use the pools and exercise without full sun beating down on me.
Also, build some more wellness centers with indoor pools.
Or just build some indoor pools.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:43 PM

Maybe it's just me....but i don't get it!! We visited last Sept for 3 weeks and we found nothing wrong with the gate system. so you get your pass out and flash it if you are in a cart or roll down your window. So what!! What's the big deal. If there are not any other more serious issue's than that.....we all are in pretty good shape. don't you think?

The pools....again...we loved them...the one we went to on a regular basis...Chula Vista is clean, well kept...some shade and nice chairs. It is true that we did not visit any others except we did try to get into Orange Blossom Hills....and that looked great and even had a TIKI Bar. It seemed really nice to us!! Out guest pass would not allow us to go in but we understand how that works now.

Minor league baseball in TV? A great, great idea....and probably enough population within TV and the other town nearby to support it well. What a feather in the cap that would be!

The Post Office thing.......well sure it would be nice to have a real one, but i do not see that as a major issue. I don't think i have mailed a letter in years....everything is now electronic! So a few times a year you go over to one of the Post Offices that someone else mentioned in an earlier post if you have a package. Not a big deal!

What we found to be lacking in the time we spent in TV , was lack of dedicated walking paths. We thought we would see more folks out walking, jogging, walking dogs etc., and we did not see that. We were staying on the Spanish side so maybe there are paths over by LSL? Does anyone know? That would be a great improvement and maybe not to expensive to create some great nature walking trails...just for people...no carts. What do you all think about that?

Carlent
Old 07-13-2008, 07:45 PM
Platinum member

I vote for walking/jogging/biking paths south of 466 and for better fitness facilities.
Old 07-14-2008, 01:32 AM
Sage

Before we moved to TV, I asked the Village realtors about walking paths. I was told "They're not needed, everyone golfs here". :dontknow:

I believe the Springdale Walking Trail in the North/west corner is the only path that is "dedicated" to walkers. I would love to see more, as I don't golf!
Old 07-14-2008, 01:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Bare

Where is the Springdale walking path? North of 466?
Old 07-14-2008, 02:19 AM

There is a full service post office in the old part of The Villages. It is small but whenever I have used it they had just as many people working there as at some of the bigger post office. It is behind Rio Ranchero Restaraunt off of 441. It is golf cart accessible for anyone on the old side.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

There is a newer post office behind the town hall around the corner from the police and fire stations off 27/441 and south of Home Depot. There is never a wait and the postal workers are the friendliest you will ever find! One of them even sings while he works...lol.
Old 07-14-2008, 03:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightspot01
Bare Where is the Springdale walking path? North of 466?
Bright, it is way, way north of 466. You can see it on the large Villages map. Have you ever been to Brusters in the Mulberry Center for ice cream? If you take Buena Vista North from 466, the Springdale walking path is located just before you get to 42 .. the most northerly edge of TV. The path runs south east .. I think mostly under the hydro wires.

Old 07-14-2008, 04:03 AM
Default Re: PO

I was going to write a letter to the Editor but someone stoled my thunder regarding sizes of nearby towns that have post offices. How about Weirsdale and UGGGGGH Altoona!? I have no idea what their populations are but the're both very small and yet both have a full service PO.
What I would like to see built and I'd pay some bucks to help is a Performing Arts Center
but NOT on village property. Maybe in one of those cow pastures near where the new VA Hospital is going up on 42 or someplace on 301. Close enough to TV that we could all attend yet not be under their thumb.

Jerry Jackson

Jerry Jackson (Summerhill)

Neat bumper sticker. Went like this: "It's God's job to judge terrorists. Our job is to arrange the meeting!"

Be a gentleman, remove your hat/cap when entering a building and dining out!
Old 07-14-2008, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlent
Maybe it's just me....but i don't get it!! We visited last Sept for 3 weeks and we found nothing wrong with the gate system. so you get your pass out and flash it if you are in a cart or roll down your window. So what!! What's the big deal. If there are not any other more serious issue's than that.....we all are in pretty good shape. don't you think?

The pools....again...we loved them...the one we went to on a regular basis...Chula Vista is clean, well kept...some shade and nice chairs. It is true that we did not visit any others except we did try to get into Orange Blossom Hills....and that looked great and even had a TIKI Bar. It seemed really nice to us!! Out guest pass would not allow us to go in but we understand how that works now.

Minor league baseball in TV? A great, great idea....and probably enough population within TV and the other town nearby to support it well. What a feather in the cap that would be!

The Post Office thing.......well sure it would be nice to have a real one, but i do not see that as a major issue. I don't think i have mailed a letter in years....everything is now electronic! So a few times a year you go over to one of the Post Offices that someone else mentioned in an earlier post if you have a package. Not a big deal!

What we found to be lacking in the time we spent in TV , was lack of dedicated walking paths. We thought we would see more folks out walking, jogging, walking dogs etc., and we did not see that. We were staying on the Spanish side so maybe there are paths over by LSL? Does anyone know? That would be a great improvement and maybe not to expensive to create some great nature walking trails...just for people...no carts. What do you all think about that?

Carlent

Carlent,
Sorry I guess I wasn't clear. I certainly don't mind pushing my window button to open it. That is not the problem. After about a bazillion times going through the gates, it stops working, and the window refuses to close, and getting it repaired is expensive. The mechanics have to take your door assembly completely apart to repair it. I had to get this done on my previous car, and now it's starting to happen with my current car. Maybe this doesn't bother you, but most of us would find this an inconvenience at least.

Also the hot (unprotected) pools issue that has been discussed sounds real to me. I can't imagine how uncomfortable that must be. And dangerous for those of us who are light-skinned and sun-sensitive. I just don't go to pools because of that.

We do need our own Post Office. I've stood in line in the Lady Lake P.O. many times when there were 2 lines with 10-12 people in each line.

Re-read Kahuna's examples above, comparing the population of many small towns that have their own PO --- very disturbing, considering the population here in TV, and to quote part of his post:

"What have we done to get crapped on so badly by the Postmaster General? Geez, The Morse family gave George Bush close to a million dollars so he could get elected for two terms. What'd they get for the community they built? Zippo!"

I like the idea about more and longer walking paths where there would be no golf carts.
PJ
Old 07-14-2008, 04:51 AM
Eternal Member
Default Re: PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SABRMnLgs
I was going to write a letter to the Editor but someone stoled my thunder regarding sizes of nearby towns that have post offices. How about Weirsdale and UGGGGGH Altoona!? I have no idea what their populations are but the're both very small and yet both have a full service PO.
What I would like to see built and I'd pay some bucks to help is a Performing Arts Center
but NOT on village property. Maybe in one of those cow pastures near where the new VA Hospital is going up on 42 or someplace on 301. Close enough to TV that we could all attend yet not be under their thumb.

Jerry Jackson
You've cited a couple locations of post offices and others in this thread have named many more. If you'll notice a couple similarities about those sites, it is that they are all municipalities of some sort and they've all been there for a long time, especially relative to TV. Until recently (in gov't time), TV was mostly located in and around Lady Lake and was served by that office. As we know, the USPS is a semi-independent government agency. It reports neither to Congress nor the president. It is supposed to be revenue neutral, but it does rely somewhat on our tax dollars. The USPS retains the power to build, operate, lease and maintain buildings and facilities. It's not done by Congress or the president. And they do operate on gov't time. They don't build like the Morses. They have a long range schedule for construction and hopefully with actions like the massive petition and pressure from the local Reps, TV can get on that schedule. But keep in mind -- it's still gov't time.

And these are the folks to whom so many want to turn all heath care.

Re your Performing Arts Center, see http://www.vpaa.org/
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 07-14-2008, 05:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlent

Carlent

Why wouldn't they let you in Orange Blossom Pool with a guest pass? I have been in there with guests many, many times.

Also, the Tiki Bar and Orange Blossom Restaurant and Bar are open to the general public.
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.