Closed Thread
Old 07-16-2008, 03:22 AM
Sage
Default Re: Suggestion Box for TV Developer

Pollyanna, Pollyanna 1rnfl 1rnfl
I agree with you , Chels

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24
Call me a Pollyanna, but, except for the Post Office situation, I love The Villages just the way they are -- gators and all! :#1:
Old 07-16-2008, 04:17 AM
Eternal Member

My doctor recently told me that whenever I felt up to it, I could play golf (which would surprise the heck out of the guys I've been hacking with the last couple years.). Her only caveat was that I was to avoid the sun. Since that time, I've been looking all over TV for a course with night lights or one with a roof. It's obvious the developer is not doing enough to satisfy people with needs like mine. Maybe he could sell a couple of his yachts and put a shaded dome over Bogart & Bacall? Is that too much to ask after he's made all his money sticking it to people like me.

Warning: opinions expressed above are not necessarily those of the author and are included for the sake of cynicism. The bit about avoiding the sun while playing golf is true, however.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 07-16-2008, 06:41 AM
Sage

I doubt if any developer will address the special needs of any one individual. As I said, I would like captioning on VNN for my hubby. But, sorry and with all due respect, I still feel the developer is doing one heck of a job. I'm so sick of people beating down the developer because the family has the brains and gumption to make money! I don't know anyone here that's being deprived of anything. (oops - Mark Morse didn't serve me breakfast today!) C'mon, get a grip. Honestly, he shouldn't have to sell "his yachts" as you say, for anyone or anything.

To the Morse Family: For all you do, this one's for you!
Old 07-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Sage

In my 51 years I don't think I've ever encountered a pool that purposely had shade included. Sometimes it happens if a tree grows up too big near a pool but let's get realistic here please. We sat in the shade for the most part while at the pool (skin protection etc.) but when it was time to take a dip we really enjoyed the sun.

CIB - Respectfully, after reviewing your posts I do think that TV might not be your cup of tea. I'd suggest a month long rental to get a feel for TV life and then go from there.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

The Odell pool which is the one closest to our house has lovely shade with five tables in the alcove under the extended roof of the rec :dontknow: center. It is similar to all other rec center pools. What's the beef?

Muncle. Take care of yourself and slather up on sun screen. Another side effect of that "KickaPooJoyJuice" you must be taking is that it makes you tired. I hate to see you miss golf but we are all looking for the day you will be our Tiger Woods again.

I am not sure but I suspect that you are wrestling with the big "C". Both our daughter Helene and I are survivors.

I will personally call Mark Morse and tell him to cover the Hemingway golf course.

It's the least I can do.

Take care.

GG

Old 07-16-2008, 12:58 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl

I will personally call Mark Morse and tell him to cover the Hemingway golf course.

It's the least I can do.

Take care.

GG
Gracie, I really appreciate that. I hadn't even considered a Championship Course, which is why I stuck with B&B. But I do love Hemingway. I shot my best ever 9 hole adult course score there, albeit from the Whites. You might suggest to Mark that he may have to sell on the planes as well to cover the cost.

Cynicism and sarcasm are dangerous things that some folks don't pick up on, even when you label them as such. One of the previous posters evidently didn't really read the original note before responding. I'm glad you caught it.

And on the other thing, I almost 62 and fat. I'm always tired anyway. No big whoop there --- he says naively.

An aside -- if you ever unsure of how to spell naive (or naively), just think of Evian bottled water and go backwards.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Sage

Muncle, In all honestly, I did see your previous posts, but am too forgetful to remember them! :dontknow: My post wasn't specifically geared just toward you though. (Well, maybe the yacht line ) It's just annoying and quite baffling to me to read some people constantly jumping on the developer. No, no one or nothing is perfect, but dang, The Villages is the closest I've ever seen.

Wishing you well, chels
Old 07-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Eternal Member

Chels --- I apologize.
I have attempted three different replies which were witty, charming, a bit edgy, and completely explained my points. I spoke highly of you --yes -- and agreed heavily with your disdain for the financial ***** envy folks who blame the Morse family for everything. I explained the purpose and composition of my post. In each case, I was well into the 3rd para when I hit the magic keys and deleted the whole :edit: thing. So I quit.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Sage

:yikes: Uncle Muncle! I never though I'd hear those words. You know I love your snarly old butt! Please take care of yourself. We have many mixed words ahead. big hug, chels
Old 07-22-2008, 08:37 PM

Ok - *rant mode on* The developer is just that - a property developer. They have provided more amenities for the residents here than you will find anywhere else, yet some people always seem to think that if they decide they want something more, "the developer" should build it or make it or install it or change it or whatever for them. I'm sometimes amazed that the Morse family doesn't just say that they've done all they are going to do and to stop the constant whining about what YOU want. *rant mode off*

The developer has no control regarding where the USPS decides to put or not put another post office; if you want one more convenient to where you live, petition the USPS. But - don't complain later when there's more traffic coming down your street to get there.

Here comes an opinion - I like the gates. No, they don't stop anyone from getting in, but they at least slow people down and (again, IMHO) offer some deterrant to those who might otherwise drive in the neighorhoods with malice aforethought.

Okay - I felt compelled to comment. I can usually recognize (and appreciate) sarcasm; I've even been known to use it myself on occasion!
Old 07-22-2008, 09:46 PM
Gold member

My suggestion is that for the current program that allows you to "personalize" your house by selecting from various packages that they provide some pricing information to go along with the packages. While our agent said that the costs fluctuate on a daily basis and hence they could not do that, I wonder how every other developer that we have ever visited manages to do just that. Even if they couldn't give precise price information, having a plus/minus range would go a long way to ease the purchasing process.

In our case, the developer missed out on selling some additional options because, not knowing how much the price tag was going up, we opted to leave out certain options and upgrades that we wanted. As it turned out, the final price was within our comfort zone but then, to get the items added in, we would have had to resubmit the quote with no assurance that the prices for the options already included wouldn't have changed in the meantime. Because of this and the fact that other clocks were ticking in terms of developer-imposed deadlines, we opted to just stick with the original quote and not get the extras. A simple sheet listing the options/packages and their approximate price would have made the buying process a lot easier and would have made for happier customers.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:56 AM

At my office building in Tampa, we have a "card" that is in a plastic case on your windshield to get in our gates. Gave up on the plastic case a couple years ago, just keep it in one of the compartments by the gear shift, and wave it at the machine. So, a card system with a good electric eye would work.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:56 AM
Veteran member
Default Miniature Golf Anyone?

Oh how I'd love to play some miniature golf on a beautiful evening! Knowing The Villages, it would be unique and fun. A great place to add to this lovely community, and a great place to take the grandkids.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:49 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
"I also thought about a windshield sticker but then I thought about the times I'm here with a rental car. A sticker is not the answer."

Brightspot, yes I understand the problem if we're using rental cars, or if we haven't moved in yet, and don't have a gate pass. But there must be a better way besides constantly rolling our windows up & down. Maybe they could have a sticker that is removeable? There must be a better way.
Actually, whats the problem of rolling down your window with the rental car? It's not like your going to have the rental car, for a long time? I like the idea of a sticker ( or something like E Z Pass) for our cars in The Villages. BUT??? Whats the cost factor?? Anything to have to roll down our windows. Actually I like rolling down window when there is a person at the gate, so I can tell them "Have a nice day"
Old 03-31-2012, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Centrally located walking path

I'll second that. I'm getting tired of having to jump up onto people's lawns to avoid traffic early in the morning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.