Suggestion re roofing problems...

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2017, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulascorpio View Post
McHale Roofing in Fruitland Park is great!
Roof fixed? Expensive?
Old 09-18-2017, 03:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Contractor : habla usted Inglés ?

Day worker : no senor

Contractor : No matter, I have a job for you. Get in the back, we're gonna go roofing !

Day worker : gracias senor
I am guessing that you meant to say, I wonder why only non English speaking people are willing to climb up on a roof and work through the heat of the day or cold for a small wage.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
I am guessing that you meant to say, I wonder why only non English speaking people are willing to climb up on a roof and work through the heat of the day or cold for a small wage.
Well said. Bless their work ethic.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:55 PM
Sage
Default Suggestion re roofing problems...

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post

Your guess is wrong. It meant to illustrate that every day throughout the country contractors pick day workers up to perform various construction tasks with little regard to how much knowledge these day workers possess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-18-2017, 07:38 PM
Veteran member

Sacks roofing did our roof on a new Ivy 3 1/2 yrs ago and we lost shingles after a year. Contacted the Villages and the told me to contact Sacks roofing. They came out and fixed the shingles but told me it was the Fl weather and shingles didn't stick/ last here (WOW glad they didn't do my roof up north). Now after Irma we lost several more shingles again, called The Villages Warranty dept and they told me roof shingles aren't covered for hurricane loss and contact Sacks roofing. Tried to contact Sacks roofing all last week and their answering machine is full and you can't leave a message. Finally today I was able to talk to a person at Sacks roofing and they said they were very busy and would put me on the list but couldn't give me a date. I really question the quality of the roof and work they do and their customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Sure seems like you shouldn't have roofing problems on new homes. The Villages doesn't seem to care I guess.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Your guess is wrong. It meant to illustrate that every day throughout the country contractors pick day workers up to perform various construction tasks with little regard to how much knowledge these day workers possess.
I immediately knew what you meant by my previous response to you.

You are correct. And what you said isn't just limited to roofs, as I am sure you know.

Yes. Welcome to The Villages and keep your fingers crossed.

Tags
roofing, shingles, ridge, home, today

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.