Suggestions for Paddock Square

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2018, 03:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Suggestion for all town squares. Only golf cart parking in streets adjacent to the squares I.E. the four streets touching the square.
1. Eliminates gawking with tourist driving around the square - very dangerous
2. Increases the amount of parking 4 - 5X.
3. Gives residents a little perk for buying here even though squares are public. Had this conversation with friends and the only flaw they found was what about handicap parking, My response if you made every parking spot around the square handicap it would still not accommodate the amount of placards around here.
Lot to agree with in your post.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Suggestions for Paddock Square.

Dismantle it.
Re-erect it in Fenney.
Build a nice new one in Brownwood, with all of the better ideas in this post.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I am so glad that the Morses are in charge of design and building. God knows what we would have with this idea or that from the residents. Star Wars? Hall of Republican Presidents? A group of five star restaurants where the entrees start at fifty bucks?

It comforts me to know that the folks behind the curtain pay careful attention to what they have done, what worked and what didn't and keep making it better. It is an amazing success story.

One that apparently makes some people jealous. Someday, after we have all moved to the village of heavenly, the world will continue to marvel what private enterprise accomplished.
Old 03-18-2018, 06:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am so glad that the Morses are in charge of design and building. God knows what we would have with this idea or that from the residents. Star Wars? Hall of Republican Presidents? A group of five star restaurants where the entrees start at fifty bucks?

It comforts me to know that the folks behind the curtain pay careful attention to what they have done, what worked and what didn't and keep making it better. It is an amazing success story.

One that apparently makes some people jealous. Someday, after we have all moved to the village of heavenly, the world will continue to marvel what private enterprise accomplished.

All good, except for Brownwood. Failure by any other name is still failure. No one family is perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2018, 06:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Suggestion for all town squares. Only golf cart parking in streets adjacent to the squares I.E. the four streets touching the square.
3. Gives residents a little perk for buying here even though squares are public. Had this conversation with friends and the only flaw they found was what about handicap parking, My response if you made every parking spot around the square handicap it would still not accommodate the amount of placards around here.
makes sense to me
Old 03-18-2018, 07:17 AM
Sage
Default Suggestions for Paddock Square

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthOfTheBorder View Post
"Originally Posted by Wiotte

Tear it down, sell the cattle, layoff the cowboys and start from scratch. This is what happens when money and someone’s dream, family history and memories become reality. Grown adults don’t need a cattle themed micro mall sans no water features, no town square ( paddock is NOT a town square, it is a very very small musical venue), devoid of life before 5PM. IMHO Brownwood is embarrassing and we never take family or visiting friends there, ever. As far as I’m concerned there are only two Town Squares in TV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk"

Don't confuse the OP by posting facts.

Don

Here are 2 photos from 50’ altitude.

Square at LSL
The Villages Florida

Square at BW
The Villages Florida

Facts first

Last edited by Wiotte; 03-18-2018 at 07:28 AM.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
I really like this idea. I agree that all the cars driving around the squares can be quite dangerous. The parking lots are not that inconvenient and are of good size to accommodate the auto traffic. You might consider suggesting this on the yearly survey.
Old 03-18-2018, 07:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby10 View Post
I really like this idea. I agree that all the cars driving around the squares can be quite dangerous. The parking lots are not that inconvenient and are of good size to accommodate the auto traffic. You might consider suggesting this on the yearly survey.

An automobile free zone is a tough sell even in the most resident centered cities. Since a resident here has no right to stand upon a soapbox to advocate for such in our town squares, the powers that be will not succumb to this, a retail sales killer.

Old 03-18-2018, 08:57 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
And what did the manager say when you pointed this out to him/her?

Why bother pointing out the obvious ? If the manager cared it wouldn’t be an issue, now would it ?

Old 03-18-2018, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
Why bother pointing out the obvious ? If the manager cared it wouldn’t be an issue, now would it ?

On the contrary.

A major reason why so many restaurants in TV remain mediocre.

Is the so called issue any more valid to be complaining here on TOTV?
Old 03-18-2018, 10:06 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
On the contrary.

A major reason why so many restaurants in TV remain mediocre.

Is the so called issue any more valid to be complaining here on TOTV?

Restaurants remain mediocre inherently so. Patrons have no control other then their own petty issues. If the food or service is inadequate simply walk. Let the execs confer while looking at declining profitability charts. This is what they will do. Look for alternative suppliers, close the most unprofitable and decrease corporate and retail staff. 25 years from now, or sooner, they will be long forgotten and another mediocre restaurant will take its place. The beat goes on and on.

Old 03-18-2018, 01:40 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Tear it down, sell the cattle, layoff the cowboys and start from scratch. This is what happens when money and someone’s dream, family history and memories become reality. Grown adults don’t need a cattle themed micro mall sans no water features, no town square ( paddock is NOT a town square, it is a very very small musical venue), devoid of life before 5PM. IMHO Brownwood is embarrassing and we never take family or visiting friends there, ever. As far as I’m concerned there are only two Town Squares in TV.

Was in McAlisters for lunch last week at 1:00pm. Stood in line for 10 minutes, all the tables were taken, inside and out, and the ordering line did not decrease while we were there. Not quite “devoid of life”!
Old 03-18-2018, 01:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Was in McAlisters for lunch last week at 1:00pm. Stood in line for 10 minutes, all the tables were taken, inside and out, and the ordering line did not decrease while we were there. Not quite “devoid of life”!

The “town square” is devoid of life.

Old 03-18-2018, 02:28 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
The “town square” is devoid of life.

And McAlisters is not part of the town square?
Old 03-18-2018, 02:38 PM
Sage
Default Suggestions for Paddock Square

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
And McAlisters is not part of the town square?

Nope. The town square is Paddock Square within Brownwood. I should have said Paddock Square is devoid of life.

Closed Thread

Tags
add, nice, middle, great, north

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.