Sumter County Early Voting

Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2020, 04:13 PM
Default Sumter County Early Voting

We voted today at the Sumter Co Govt Center. Everyone had on masks. We presented our ID, registered and signed digitally with a cotton swab we were provided. They printed each ballot, and gave us a new pen from a box, which they told us to take home with us. There was hand sanitizer available.

It took less than 10 minutes, and I felt safe. For people who would rather not enter the building, there was a drive-up area available.

Don't let CoVid keep you from expressing your wants. Go ahead and vote!
Old 08-10-2020, 04:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,049 Times in 5,337 Posts

This will be our first election since we moved here and definitely plan to vote.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Nice of you to present your experience.
It should influence those who read it.
Old 08-10-2020, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedivergirl View Post
We voted today at the Sumter Co Govt Center. Everyone had on masks. We presented our ID, registered and signed digitally with a cotton swab we were provided. They printed each ballot, and gave us a new pen from a box, which they told us to take home with us. There was hand sanitizer available.

It took less than 10 minutes, and I felt safe. For people who would rather not enter the building, there was a drive-up area available.

Don't let CoVid keep you from expressing your wants. Go ahead and vote!
We had a similar experience at Rohan today. Very well done! The lady who checked my ID was wearing gloves (everyone was masked) and took my ID using a clothes pin - she never touched it. Each person got a new swab to sign the digital pad and a new pen to mark the ballot - “please take it with you”.

Big thanks to all the volunteers and county officials who are making this work in a very safe manner!
Old 08-10-2020, 10:07 PM
Sage

We voted early Saturday afternoon at Rohan. Someone above me posted what the experience is like. VERY safe and it went by very quickly. In and out in about 10 minutes. I don't know why anyone wouldn't vote early rather than leaving it to the last minute.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:49 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
We voted early Saturday afternoon at Rohan. Someone above me posted what the experience is like. VERY safe and it went by very quickly. In and out in about 10 minutes. I don't know why anyone wouldn't vote early rather than leaving it to the last minute.
In the past, I always enjoyed the patriotic, we're-all-doing-our-part feel of voting, but it just doesn't make sense right now. Better to vote early, and spread out the voters.

Make yourself heard!
Closed Thread

Tags
sumter, hand, sanitizer, vote, ahead

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.