Sage
Thanked 3,345 Times in 2,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh 08 View Post
Beat me to it, Posh8.

This is also good. http://www.gunsandammo.com/2011/11/2...ome-invasions/
Old 11-11-2012, 09:24 PM
Veteran member

I've had people come up to e with the same story in parking lots. I look at them and say I am sorry, but I did money for food.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:45 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to Joaniesmom
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
It is more likely that he is casing the neighborhood. The gas story is just in case someone actually answers the door.
Good point! Never thought of that. I'm probably too gullible to ever be a good burglar!

Joanie's mom
Pennsylvania, Ohio, The Villages
So happy to be here!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,784 Times in 1,387 Posts

do you and your spouse know what each is to do in the event of a happening as discussed in this thread?

My wife knows that if something like this should happen that I will get my gun and head for where the sound comes from. Her job is to get the phone in her hand and enter 911 on the phone. If I yell out call 911, she pushes the button to execute the call.

In our 57 years we have not had to do any of the above!!!

btk
Old 11-12-2012, 09:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
do you and your spouse know what each is to do in the event of a happening as discussed in this thread?

My wife knows that if something like this should happen that I will get my gun and head for where the sound comes from. Her job is to get the phone in her hand and enter 911 on the phone. If I yell out call 911, she pushes the button to execute the call.

In our 57 years we have not had to do any of the above!!!

btk
Not a bad idea to have your car remote handy too. Hit the panic button and the horn will start blasting and the lights will start flashing. It may scare them away and that's really what you want.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC1947 View Post
Not a bad idea to have your car remote handy too. Hit the panic button and the horn will start blasting and the lights will start flashing. It may scare them away and that's really what you want.
Very good idea!

Although I can certainly relate and agree with what Billythekid said, as a holder of a CWP I may get my weapon, but the last thing I want is a confrontation.
Scare them off and call the police!
Old 11-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Sage

Yup....I think they're casing the neighborhoods to try to find homes where folks are gone! I've thought about motion sensor lights so that might deter someone. What neighborhoods have they been focusing on? That hasn't been stated here. Is it where designer homes are? Or do they focus on wherever it looks good and quiet??
Old 11-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Veteran member

As someone who has actually stood at the door with loaded gun in my hand twice in my life, I will tell you: 1) I'm very glad I didn't have to use the gun, and 2) it has quite an effect on the person who knocked on the door.

In case #1 the person who was trying to break in gave up before I had to confront him (1972-in the days before 911) and in case# 2 the person froze when I opened the door; the handgun was behind my back, but he knew I was armed. Said he was looking for an old friend and got the wrong house (at 10 o'clock on a cold winter night).

God forbid anyone of us ever has to use a firearm in self-defense.

"Live life while you're alive, because when you're dead, you're dead a long time".- Roland Michael Curtis
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.