Stupid People

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2007, 07:57 PM
Default Stupid People

I just heard something that makes my blood boil. A female golfer was caught dunking her headband [b]into[b] a water cooler at the Heron golf course. The ambassador that caught her told her if he could he would ban her from the courses for life! Of course now they have to go to the expense of installing locks on all the stands that hold the water coolers. We were driving on Belevedere this morning and passing the Pilmico golf course and saw a worker installing a lock on one of those coolers today.

Another of my pet peeves would be the constant damage being done to those white posts that mark the golf cart trails. I wonder how much it costs to be replacing those because of stupid driving. We all have to pay in the end to replace those things.

Old 10-19-2007, 05:46 AM
Founder
Default Re: Stupid People

Doesn't it just defy one's imagination that any person would do such a thing? She should have been banned, or better yet arrested for posing a public health hazard. A question would be, "why didn't her playing partners say something to her." I know that my friends would say something to me.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:05 AM
Sage

Note to self:

BRING YOUR OWN WATER!

That's unimaginable but I know that most courses up north have taken to either putting the coolers in locked housing or installing piped water or worse - no water until the turn!
Old 10-19-2007, 07:22 AM

God must love stupid people ! ! He made a lot of them ! !
Old 10-19-2007, 07:31 AM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to Donna Send a message via Yahoo to Donna

Some people are so lucky, they have looks and brains!! :bigthumbsup:

"Some People Live An Entire Lifetime and Wonder If They Have Ever Made a Difference In The World,
The Marines Don't Have That Problem" "Semper Fi"

"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous" Albert Einstein
Old 10-19-2007, 07:49 AM
Founder

The more I think about this, the more it sounds like Villages "urban legand." Why would somebody take the time to go into the big box, move the container and take the lid off of it when they can just push the spigot to get water? As "urban legands" go, I like this one. It has the potential to spread all across the Villages.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host
The more I think about this, the more it sounds like Villages "urban legand." Why would somebody take the time to go into the big box, move the container and take the lid off of it when they can just push the spigot to get water? As "urban legands" go, I like this one. It has the potential to spread all across the Villages.
Not an urban legand if it is relayed by the people in the know and also why the locks? I'm more interested in how many times she got away with it before getting caught?
Old 10-19-2007, 04:13 PM
Veteran member

Talk-Host. You hit the nail on the head. A lot simpler just pressing the button. And most of the water containers I've seen would be a real pain in the a** to uncover and put something into.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Villager
Not an urban legend if it is relayed by the people in the know and also why the locks? I'm more interested in how many times she got away with it before getting caught?
Did you see this Happy Villager? Or is it second hand --as told to you by someone else? Could be other reasons for the locks? :dontknow:
Old 10-19-2007, 07:17 PM

This originally happened a couple of summers ago when some one was caught by the ambassador dunking his towel in the water cooler. They started putting locks on the coolers right after that incident. Didn't realize that they hadn't done that on the new courses.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Thanks Donna

Shucks
Old 10-20-2007, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac
Did you see this Happy Villager? Or is it second hand --as told to you by someone else? Could be other reasons for the locks? :dontknow:
This was second hand to me "BUT" it was told by an Ambassador at Heron to our best friend who golfed there last week. I wouldn't think an ambassador would be telling untruths. As I said in my earlier post I saw them installing locks at the Pimlico golf course and that is not a new course.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:32 PM
Veteran member

Another stupid thing is grandparents allowing their under age grand kids to drive their golf cart while sitting in grandpa's lap or beside them. I have seen, with my own eyes, several cases where really young children were smiling away and driving the golf cart while grandpa held them in his lap.

Stupid, stupid, stupid....or as Forrest Gump would say, stupid is as stupid does !!!!! :edit: :edit:
Old 10-20-2007, 06:53 PM

What was this idoit thinking? I usually bring my own water, but now I will for sure. :
Old 10-30-2007, 05:58 PM
Taltarzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frangyomory
Another stupid thing is grandparents allowing their under age grand kids to drive their golf cart while sitting in grandpa's lap or beside them. I have seen, with my own eyes, several cases where really young children were smiling away and driving the golf cart while grandpa held them in his lap.

Stupid, stupid, stupid....or as Forrest Gump would say, stupid is as stupid does !!!!! :edit: :edit:
Good point. Frangyomory. They also sometimes have their dogs along while the kids are driving. Not a good idea unless the dog has its own safety seat which I rarely see. I do not know why they would not also put the kids in a safety seat if only the the pooch has one.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.