SweetBay leaving the Villages???

Closed Thread
Old 02-10-2014, 10:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
I agree. Winn Dixie to me means from prior experience having to go thru can goods to find ones that are not expired.
I hate their ads that apply only those carrying their card. If i go into Publix their sale prices are for everyone but Winn Dixie will charge me more than the person behind me because I don't carry their card.
Actually, if you don't have their card, the checkout person will use their "store" card to get you the discounts.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:51 AM
Veteran member

I absolutely HATE the "set" of your garden variety Winn Dixie.

By that I mean the lay out of where products are located within the store. They seem to make a concerted effort to NOT group related products together. The peanut butter is on isle 2 and the jelly is on isle 22! Frozen is dead in the middle so that it is sure to be partially unfrozen when you check out. The produce dept is a crazy maze of randomly placed gondolas, creating cart chaos. No rhyme, no reason, no LndLocked

Count me in those that loath having to carry around a special card to get sale prices. Not only do I not what to have one in my wallet or on my key chain .... I am not going to give them ANY personal info to get one. As for the fuel savings ... I have done the math of those savings and rarely, if ever, see a product I want that's price (including fuel savings) is better than I can get on that same item elsewhere. Plus you have to spend $50.00 (as I remember) before you can qualify and the fuels savings max out at 20 gallons per month. Too much hassle for too little savings on too few items I want, to work for me.

BTW ... I am also NOT a fan of the new reset at the Mulberry Publix.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default For Me, No Great Loss

Sweetbay had to be the most poorly managed grocery store I've ever shopped. It became almost laughable. If I went in with a list of five items, they'd be almost certain to be out if two of them. I'm not talking about unique items here--Cheerios, Extra Chunky Jif peanut butter, Ritz crackers. Then my wife caught them selling outdated meat. Enough!

I hope Winn Dixie does better.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janmcn View Post
All the merchants that have affinity cards; Walgreen's, CVS, Winn-Dixie, Wegmans, etc, have key chain size cards for your convenience. Use them to save money, or don't use them and pay more, or avoid these retailers.
OR . . . leave the card at home and give them your phone number. In most places that have these cards, it will work.
Old 02-11-2014, 07:08 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LndLocked View Post
BTW ... I am also NOT a fan of the new reset at the Mulberry Publix.
I Will definitely agree with you on that! Apparently a committee of non-shoppers set up the new layout.

But that will have to be a topic on another thread.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.