swimming laps by guests

Closed Thread
Old 11-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Platinum member
Default swimming laps by guests

I there a pool where a guest can swim laps in TV?
Old 11-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
I there a pool where a guest can swim laps in TV?
No, because the sports pools are restricted to residents only. Of course, if a person finds a neighborhood pool without anyone in it, that person could swim laps but it wouldn't be very challenging.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:36 AM
Platinum member

That is what I thought the rules were. Thanks!

Any suggestions for pools that might not be as busy as others?
Old 11-04-2012, 01:31 PM
Sage

Alot of the neighborhood and family pools have the spill-over from the sports pools for water-walkers. As we grow here it seems more exercise classes and volley-ball groups are being added lessening the times for lap-swimmers and walkers. Can't tell you which pools aren't busy especially as we get into the "high" season....

Time of day might make a difference---like late in the day for instance.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:30 PM
Gold member

You might try asking at the Rec Center for special consideration to let guest swim in sports pools if no one else is waiting, etc...don't know if there is any lencieny on this issue.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I swim in the sport pools 4 - 5 times per week and have never been ID'd. I suspect if you found a non-busy time, your guest could just go in. If for some reason a rec center employee did stop them, they could claim ignorance. Just make sure to get them a guest ID. If you're in the water they don't ID you anyways, only when you're up on deck.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
That is what I thought the rules were. Thanks! Any suggestions for pools that might not be as busy as others?
The pools in our Village empty out around 4 PM as people head home to get ready for the evening's activities. I've seen a few lap swimmers regularly appear around that time.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:52 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey100 View Post
I swim in the sport pools 4 - 5 times per week and have never been ID'd. . .
That is correct. I am in the sports pool 7 days a week and I have NEVER seen a lap swimmer questioned by a Rec. employee.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder View Post
You might try asking at the Rec Center for special consideration to let guest swim in sports pools if no one else is waiting, etc...don't know if there is any lencieny on this issue.
The rules are clearly stated on the wall at the rec pools. IF they'd make a concession for one person...imagine what the ripple effect would be. Someone else on this link said just go do it. I don't think that is fair neither. I've seen folks try that and eventually it will come back to bite...believe me. They do so police the pools....I've been to the neighborhood pool AND to my district sport pool when they've come to check I.D.'s. It's random, yes, but it is done! Now I'd ask, don't you want to do the right thing?? I'm just asking!
Old 11-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
The rules are clearly stated on the wall at the rec pools. IF they'd make a concession for one person...imagine what the ripple effect would be. Someone else on this link said just go do it. I don't think that is fair neither. I've seen folks try that and eventually it will come back to bite...believe me. They do so police the pools....I've been to the neighborhood pool AND to my district sport pool when they've come to check I.D.'s. It's random, yes, but it is done! Now I'd ask, don't you want to do the right thing?? I'm just asking!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.