Swimming pool repair companies in tv

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2022, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I agree.

Wait till you have to replace the salt cell!
The chlorinator cell is expensive because it uses two rare metals. The plates are titanium, coated with iridium.

The secrete to getting long cell life is to buy the largest cell available and run it at reduced output. Currently that would be the 45,000 gal size. Or T-15. I run the T-15 cell on my 16,000 gal pool at 50%.

As the cell approches the end of it's normal life expectancy, it may report an unreliable salt level in the pool. Usually, several hundred ppm lower then the actual salt level. So, don't rely on the salt level reported on the control box screen.

Use a salt test strip to measure the salt level in the pool water or have the water tested for salt level at Pinch a Penny before adding salt to the pool.

Accidently Increasing the salt level beyond the recomended 3400 ppm level can increase the cell current level and damage the clorinator control board.which is very expensive.

The cost of the control board plus the cost of a new T-15, 45,000 gal cell, plus labor to replace the board, is more then the cost of new chlorianator and a T-15 cell.

That is what recently happened to me and I ended up replacing the entire system along with a new cell.

Replacing the cholorinator and the cell is not difficult. Mounting the new cabinet and attaching four color coded wires took about a half hour. Replacing the cell took 15 minutes.

You should also replace the fllow switch which comes with the new chlorinator. Be certain to insalll the flow swich in the correct direction. The flow switch comes with a wire and plug that plugs into the bottom of the chorlinator cabinet. There is an arrow on the switch that indicaes the water flow direction.

You could be working with 240 volts AC, so be certain to turn off the power to the pool at the circuit breaker box before removing the wires.

Last edited by worahm; 07-07-2022 at 12:15 PM.
Old 07-07-2022, 12:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I agree.

Wait till you have to replace the salt cell!
Quote:
Originally Posted by worahm View Post
The chlorinator cell is expensive because it uses two rare metals. The plates are titanium, coated with iridium.

The secrete to getting long cell life is to buy the largest cell available and run it at reduced output. Currently that would be the 45,000 gal size. Or T-15. I run the T-15 cell on my 16,000 gal pool at 50%.

As the cell approches the end of it's normal life expectancy, it may report an unreliable salt level in the pool. Usually, several hundred ppm lower then the actual salt level. So, don't rely on the salt level reported on the screen.

Use a salt test strip to measure the salt level in the pool water or have the water tested for salt level at Pinch a Penny before adding salt to the pool.

Accidently Increasing the salt level beyond the recomended 3400 ppm level can increase the cell current level and damage the clorinator control board.which is very expensive.

The cost of the control board and the cost of a new T-15, 45,000 gal cell plus labor to replace the board, is more then the cost of new chlorianator and a T-15 cell.

That is what recently happened to me and I ended up replacing the entire system and cell.

Replacing the cholorinator and the cell is not difficult. Mounting the new cabinet and attaching four color coded wires took about a half hour. Replacing the cell took 15 minutes.

You should also replace the fllow switch which comes with the new chlorinator. Be certain to insalll the flow swich in the correct direction. The flow switch comes with a wire and plug that plugs into the gottom of the chorlinator cabinet. There is an arrow on the switch that indicaes the water flow direction.

You could be working with 240 volts AC, so be certain to turn off the power to the pool at the circuit breaker box before removing the wires.
Sure this will be helpful to others………all of the above was completed on mine.
Old 07-07-2022, 12:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMo50 View Post
I'm guessing you haven't engaged the services of a lawyer in many years.
I know. I wanna' know where these $125/hr lawyers are!

-Tom Petty
Old 07-07-2022, 05:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Another vote for Trident Pools.
We switched to them when T&D earned being dumped for lack of service/follow up/being there!!
Old 07-08-2022, 06:00 AM
Default Salt Cell

Salt cell's are not that expensive. I bought my Hayward cell from Amazon with full 3 yr warranty. All you do is unplug the old cell and plug in the new one. Last time we replaced the pool pump it was a about $1,800 total.
Old 07-08-2022, 07:52 AM

Who held a gun to your head and forced you to pay that price! Don't complain shop around first,get estimates! First of all when you worked did anybody ask you to work for less, I doubt it! If you can't afford basic maintenance maybe it's time to reconsider things like paying your investment broker more!
There's always a homeless guy at rt44 in Wildwood, bet ya he's cheaper!!!!
It's 2022 people can't work or own a business for $10.00 a hour!
Old 07-08-2022, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeroger View Post
Salt cell's are not that expensive. I bought my Hayward cell from Amazon with full 3 yr warranty. All you do is unplug the old cell and plug in the new one. Last time we replaced the pool pump it was a about $1,800 total.
Depends in the size. 40,000 gal. $900.

Tags
repair, company, motor, pool, labor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.