AT&T coverage in northern part of TV

Closed Thread
Old 06-17-2021, 08:14 AM
Default AT&T coverage in northern part of TV

I live near the Lopez CC. I usually only get one bar and many times no bars for my cell phone. I use WIFI calling so the only issues I have is when it's down.

About a week ago, I noticed I'm getting 5 bars of service. I don't recall a new cell tower in the area. I'm wondering if it's a temporary situation.

Anyone seeing the same thing? I was actually considering Verizon due to the poor AT&T service.
Old 06-17-2021, 09:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

It's the Vaccine... It increases your ability to get 5G reception...

(And yes, that's a joke. But maybe they did finally put up a new tower. I certainly hope so, because my AT&T was seriously lacking...)

-Tom Petty
Old 06-17-2021, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

It's possible there was some kind of update to your service, or maybe even your device (firmware or software update) that gave you the access that most people already had. I've never had any trouble with AT&T mobile services up near Legacy, my husband used to work AT Legacy and he never had any trouble with his either.
Old 06-17-2021, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,734 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misky1951 View Post
I live near the Lopez CC. I usually only get one bar and many times no bars for my cell phone. I use WIFI calling so the only issues I have is when it's down.

About a week ago, I noticed I'm getting 5 bars of service. I don't recall a new cell tower in the area. I'm wondering if it's a temporary situation.

Anyone seeing the same thing? I was actually considering Verizon due to the poor AT&T service.
I don't understand why anyone would use any of the national cell networks other than Verizon. It is consistently rated as the best of the 4 national networks. And, there are plenty of cell phone services that use the Verizon network, so cost is not an issue. I use Xfinity Mobile on the Verizon network, and my monthy bill is $13.78.
Old 06-17-2021, 12:38 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I don't understand why anyone would use any of the national cell networks other than Verizon. It is consistently rated as the best of the 4 national networks. And, there are plenty of cell phone services that use the Verizon network, so cost is not an issue. I use Xfinity Mobile on the Verizon network, and my monthy bill is $13.78.
Hubs and I have T-mobile with their 55+ service, 2 lines (unlimited everything) for $60 month including all taxes. In addition, when we are overseas we get free (slow) internet service, free texting, and 10c per minute phone calls. If you travel a lot and need to be connected for work or family reasons, the overseas service is great.

kathy
Old 06-17-2021, 02:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misky1951 View Post

Far from an expert but if you leave your cell phone on it will stay on one tower. If you see a weak signal ie one bar, turn your phone off and back on. It will pick the strongest signal that is available in your immediate area.

You may also find due to stuff like metal framing, other stuff around you that the signal is stronger in some parts of your home.
Old 06-18-2021, 04:44 AM
Location: Mt. AIRY NC, NORFOLK VA, VA BEACH, VA, FT WAYNE,IN, CINCINNATI, OH, ROSWELL, GA, THE VILLAGES

Just switched to t-mobile and it sucks. Going back to verizon
Old 06-18-2021, 06:05 AM

There are a lot of bars in The Villages.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:26 AM

We use AT&T and have no problems in Lake Deaton. There are other major companies besides Verizon that work well. It’s a choice
Old 06-18-2021, 06:32 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
I had verizon for many many years and what a rip off. I had wifi/internet,, home and cell phone service with them. My bill was $500 monthly and sometimes more if I used additional gigs. Buggest rip off Ive ever dealt with. I use AT&T now for my cell and xfinity for home phone and wifi/internet have perfect service without an ungodly cost
Old 06-18-2021, 07:11 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,141 Times in 883 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFER54 View Post
There are a lot of bars in The Villages.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:15 AM
Default Try Xfinity for Cellular service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
I had verizon for many many years and what a rip off. I had wifi/internet,, home and cell phone service with them. My bill was $500 monthly and sometimes more if I used additional gigs. Buggest rip off Ive ever dealt with. I use AT&T now for my cell and xfinity for home phone and wifi/internet have perfect service without an ungodly cost
We use Xfinity for WiFi, T.V and cellular, we went from Verizon cellular to Xfinity cellular, was worried that I had made the wrong decision, however after 2 years with them, zero calls dropped and as good of cell service as I had with Verizon, we made the right decision, by the way with 2 lines of service my monthly bill is $13.78, I was paying Verizon over $80.00 per month.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:32 AM

Quote:
That sounds like it’s worth exploring. Do you go through Xfinity or Verizon? Thanks!
Old 06-18-2021, 07:36 AM
Default Consumer Cellular

Does anyone have positive feedback using Consumer Cellular?
Old 06-18-2021, 08:03 AM
Default AT&T is a rip off and terrible service in Florida

AT&T is terrible in the Villages and around Florida. Was with them since their cellular inception but moved to FL. Finally when I had enough of their poor service and expense I moved over to Verizon. Comcast uses Verizon. If you have their internet service they run specials that will get you the mobile part that you can save a ton. I now have 4 phones on the service and pay by the gig. 10 gigs for $30.00. That's right....I only pay $30.00 for 4 phones using Comcast (which is Verizon) instead of paying AT&T for lousy service and expense. NO this is not an add for Verizon but I got sick of dropped calls and not being able to call or receive calls using AT&T. If you can leave them do it.
Closed Thread

Tags
at&t, service, cell, bars, week

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.