The Village idiot at the gate

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2017, 01:06 PM
Default The Village idiot at the gate

Approached the gate a few moments ago and had one of those people fly behind another person getting through the gate instead of waiting for the gate to close and then using their card to open it again.

First mumbled a few words to myself about the lack of respect some people have but then thought perhaps it was an emergency at home or nature calling unexpectedly and that person couldn’t wait.

Low and behold 90 seconds later I️ met the Village Idiot at the mailboxes. No emergency, just proof that it takes a Village to have an idiot and I’m sure they are not an endangered species.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:15 PM

I saw the same thing the other day. I just don't understand the rush
Old 11-09-2017, 01:22 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,663 Times in 1,778 Posts

How was his parking?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 11-09-2017, 01:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,495 Times in 2,286 Posts

I ran across this on YouTube.. lol

Villages Golf Cart Rampage - YouTube

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 11-09-2017, 02:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,433 Times in 2,426 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
I ran across this on YouTube.. lol

Villages Golf Cart Rampage - YouTube
That came from the Village Community Development Districts website.
If you know who broke the gate.......well

Village Community Development Districts
Old 11-09-2017, 02:08 PM
Veteran member

ya , some lady and a sick dog was in a hurry also, this place has a lot of crazy drivers.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:40 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,257 Times in 427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarriors View Post
Approached the gate a few moments ago and had one of those people fly behind another person getting through the gate instead of waiting for the gate to close and then using their card to open it again.

First mumbled a few words to myself about the lack of respect some people have but then thought perhaps it was an emergency at home or nature calling unexpectedly and that person couldn’t wait.

Low and behold 90 seconds later I️ met the Village Idiot at the mailboxes. No emergency, just proof that it takes a Village to have an idiot and I’m sure they are not an endangered species.
I had a man in his 60"s driving a black motor scooter do that to me. I wanted to ring his neck. Scared the poop out of me.
Old 11-09-2017, 04:56 PM
Platinum member

It's that time of year. The gate repairmen will be working overtime. Four gates taken out on Canal Street
Old 11-09-2017, 05:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Sometime ago this subject came up in our small group of friends and one of the guys said when someone tail gates him through the gate he slams on his brakes and they almost rear end him. It's tempting, but very dangerous, if the guy is not wound too tight it could turn into a road rage incident!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 11-09-2017, 05:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
It's that time of year. The gate repairmen will be working overtime. Four gates taken out on Canal Street
Perhaps I sense a reference to seasonal residents, and if I am remiss, my apologies. Rest assured that I have seen plenty of gates down, some almost right after they have been repaired, throughout the summer. What I would say is that the offenders are either in the "idiot" or "entitled" gene pool. The good news is that where they do identify the offenders, they are made to pay for the repairs. I wish that this could happen 100% of the time.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:10 PM
Gold member

Quote:

Help me understand the emotional toll this seems to have taken on you and what does it have to do with respect. Calling someone the Village idiot seems a little over the top.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:32 PM

Sure Paper1, no big emotional toll on me but Florida is a no fault state so when the idiot disrespects other drivers and their rightful turn to proceed at the gate crossing, the risk is high for an accident in which the driver involved in an accident which is not their fault will have their insurance rates raised regardless. Not to mention the likelihood of breaking the gate we all pay to fix. I’ll stand behind my comment on referencing him as the Village Idiot
Old 11-09-2017, 10:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,626 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Sure Paper1, no big emotional toll on me but Florida is a no fault state so when the idiot disrespects other drivers and their rightful turn to proceed at the gate crossing, the risk is high for an accident in which the driver involved in an accident which is not their fault will have their insurance rates raised regardless. Not to mention the likelihood of breaking the gate we all pay to fix. I’ll stand behind my comment on referencing him as the Village Idiot
Check out the Facts before you throw the Idiot harpoon at a great person there new person. If you knock down a gate arm in a car you pay for the repair not all of us. It's somewhere between $250 and $300 per gate and the knocker downer pays the toll not all of us if your plate is on file. Best to beware of your surroundings take it slow and take it easy on being critical to your fellow Villager.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,214 Times in 1,951 Posts

Cars going in tandem to exit the neighborhood through the gates at Odell Circle south and Mallory are very common. I've seen it also at Caroline but at this gate, the cars went through in tandem entering the community. I watched four cars and one motorcycle enter before the gate made any attempt to come down. I've seen as many as 6 cars go through these gates as they exit before the gates attempt to come down. The Odell south and Mallory gates seem to have a delay before they come down for the exit of the neighborhood. On the way into the neighborhoods, the gates comes down right away so only one car can get through. It's been like this for over a year that I have lived in Mallory. Probably longer too.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:37 AM

Can't we all just get along?

Tags
gate, idiot, village, emergency, person

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.