Tee times/preferential people

Old 01-30-2024, 10:11 AM
Default Tee times/preferential people

At certain executive courses.I have observed a person who does not have a tee time reservation being allowed by the starter to go out early in front of everyone else. Anybody else see this??
Old 01-30-2024, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,525 Times in 3,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergercat View Post
At certain executive courses.I have observed a person who does not have a tee time reservation being allowed by the starter to go out early in front of everyone else. Anybody else see this??
Sometimes when there's a cancellation, and someone is there waiting and hoping to get slipped in, the starter will get them in.

If you have a tee-time and can't show up afterall, there's no need for that slot to go empty. So yes, there are people who will patiently wait for a slot to free up. It's not uncommon.
Old 01-30-2024, 10:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Yeah, I've seen it from time to time. Not often. Doesn't appear to be horning in on anyone else's reservation though...if there's a cancellation I've seen the starter put them in with the group that has the vacancy. A couple of times my wife and I have been put in a foursome teeing off ahead of us when a couple of people in that foursome have cancelled at the last minute.

I have no problem with this. Overall the starters do a very good job of keeping things on schedule and to be as accommodating as possible.
Old 01-30-2024, 11:21 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergercat View Post
How could that possibly impact YOUR tee time?
Old 01-30-2024, 11:33 AM

I think I know what the OP is talking about. We generally have the first tee time on the tee sheet but the starter will occasionally let an individual(s) go ahead of us. These are normally skilled players that play quickly, as such you see them on the first tee and then never again. We still get off on time or early, so it never bothered me.

Well, OK, it once on Grey Fox they let two walkers out ahead of us. The starter said we'd never see them but there is such a long walk between 1-2, 2-3 and 7-8... He said he would not let happen again... It hasn't...

Tags
tee, starter, early, front, allowed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.