Tell me know am not losing it?

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2015, 08:27 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Stand right there and keep talking. I agree with you. I wish, wish, wish that we could go back to our youth where most of us knew NO ONE who was on drugs. We had a few drunks in our lives but no neighbors addicted to prescription drugs, no kids in our class smoking dope, no neighborhood bad guys on heroin, no folks with no money dealing drugs, no drive by shootings, no one collecting money on a drug deal and shooting the person because they didn't have the dough. No carjackings, no home invasions for drug money.

I know that many of you use pot and that is your decision. I just hate to have it available for kids. I do believe that it starts some with addictive personalities on the path to death and harm to others.

I was born 75 years ago. I know I am old.
unfortunately 'back then' they did have all of the above it was just not as well publicized. heroin was king and many people died in its' acquisition and use. we used to call them gangsters instead of thugs, but they existed. the media today no longer allows us to be blissfully unaware of the depths to which people will sink.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:36 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,783 Times in 3,649 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
75 is the new 50

New 50 or Old 50................That's a good time to start smoking.

Old 11-02-2015, 08:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver View Post
Did anyone else see that they were selling pot on the site not to be named this morning?
Victoria's Secret, cars, doctors, etc. is all I see now on there.

I inhaled enough pot at a Bette Midler concert in Red Rocks, CO around 1984 to last my lifetime. Probably lost some brain cells that evening.

In Elementary School, I tried some when about 11 years old but coughed so much that I have never taken any more since 1970 or so. Kids grow up rather fast in Reno, Nevada.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneycat View Post
unfortunately 'back then' they did have all of the above it was just not as well publicized. heroin was king and many people died in its' acquisition and use. we used to call them gangsters instead of thugs, but they existed. the media today no longer allows us to be blissfully unaware of the depths to which people will sink.

As I was typing the above, I was thinking that others experience would be different because I remember seeing the movie, The Man With the Golden Arm about drug addiction when I was in high school. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ma...the_Golden_Arm

It may have happened more in New York and Chicago but not at all common in the smaller Midwest city where I grew up. My grandfather who raised me was a police officer there for almost forty years. We all come here with different experiences and I am pretty sure what I wrote above is valid. We lived in the same house all of my growing up years and no neighbors moved that I remember. We didn't often get new kids in our class at school. People were pretty aware of what went on. Mothers stayed home and communicated over the back fences.

I think your experience was different than mine, Looney Cat.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
New 50 or Old 50................That's a good time to start smoking.

You kiddin'? Right???? Please say you're kiddin'.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You kiddin'? Right???? Please say you're kiddin'.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOkkkkkkkkkkkkkkay fine just kidding. I thought it was finally my time to get wild and crazy. Time to go mow the yard.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneycat View Post
I am two years older than Gracie. Attended public schools and college in Baltimore(1944-1960) Never knew of even one instance of drug use. The problem is far broader than news coverage.

Beer was the drug of choice and was considered a right of passage.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:55 AM
Gold member

The weed was snapped up immediately after the ads were posted. After a few tokes, all the purchasers went to Barnes and Nobles where they have been standing in line to get Ben Carson's autograph since 7PM yesterday.

Last edited by TheVillageChicken; 11-02-2015 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:59 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Beer and cigarettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
I am two years older than Gracie. Attended public schools and college in Baltimore(1944-1960) Never knew of even one instance of drug use. The problem is far broader than news coverage.

Beer and cigarettes were the "drugs" of choice when I was in school. I grew up in a small Midwestern town in Illinois----for many reasons----those really were the good old days. The "hard drugs" are in my small hometown today.

I happen to catch 60 minutes last night and they had a "piece" on heroin----which according to the report has become the drug of choice in many a town and city today. Heroin----terrible consequences.

BTY, medical marijuana was turned down by Florida---just short of the required 60% to pass. If I remember correct----59% were in favor.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Beer and cigarettes were the "drugs" of choice when I was in school. I grew up in a small Midwestern town in Illinois----for many reasons----those really were the good old days. The "hard drugs" are in my small hometown today.

I happen to catch 60 minutes last night and they had a "piece" on heroin----which according to the report has become the drug of choice in many a town and city today. Heroin----terrible consequences.

BTY, medical marijuana was turned down by Florida---just short of the required 60% to pass. If I remember correct----59% were in favor.

A lot of people who live here smoke marijuana. You can tell by the things people say on this forum. Years ago I smoked cigarettes and on a couple of occasions was offered a pull of a marijuana cigarette. And I took it.
Was a little afraid of it. That was it. I am not a person who hasn't experienced life. I don't drink now but not for religious reasons. Everyone has to decide what is safest and best for them in these kinds of things.

I hope I am fun to be around. I sure do enjoy life now. And I hope I am not too judgmental.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:20 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post

I'm just a couple years younger than Gracie, grew up in the Midwest, played football in high school. I played center, both guards, on each side of me, were always stoned on the weed during games. Not sure how they did it..............weed and football that is. One guard was all conference. Hmmm. Anyway, the wild weed was every where in school. It impacted a long of kids long-term...............as I judge at class reunions.
Old 11-02-2015, 10:24 AM

did some one say pot for sale. Well yes I need a few pots for the backyard.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:02 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I'm just a couple years younger than Gracie, grew up in the Midwest, played football in high school. I played center, both guards, on each side of me, were always stoned on the weed during games. Not sure how they did it..............weed and football that is. One guard was all conference. Hmmm. Anyway, the wild weed was every where in school. It impacted a long of kids long-term...............as I judge at class reunions.
It's surprising they found the football field let alone try to smoke it too.
Closed Thread

Tags
pot, selling, site, morning?a040, named, losing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.